It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny Abstinence from sex doesn’t work, but Covid19 lockdowns will?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
For years, people have “preached” that abstinence is not realistic in preventing sexually transmitted diseases? But all of sudden people think the only answer to Covid19 is absence from the most basic social aspects of our society? Or placing large groups of people on what is effectively home arrest?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Are you advocating for some sort of giant orgy?

I mean it would rapidly solve the problem of herd immunity if that's what you were aiming for.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

What? Have you ever HAD sex? You have to have close, intimate contact usually with exchange of bodily fluids to pass a 'sexually transmitted disease'. See? It's right there in the title. You don't get STDs cause someone sneezed or coughed 3ft away from you. You're comparing Apples with ass-hats. Stupid post. Sorry.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
And we see how well some people follow the 'abstinence' guidance...

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Enlighten me as to which "people" advocate abstinence. Only the religious right/evangelical types suggest anything like that. And no, it's not realistic in the big picture.

Condoms are pushed far more than abstinence, from what I've seen.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I mean it would rapidly solve the problem of herd immunity if that's what you were aiming for.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

The exact same people who thought "anal" would preserve their virginity are packing the bars in Wisconsin?

And I'm stuck here in Colorado and all we got was breakfast in Castle Rock. What a rip-off.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Abstinence-Only Education Is Ineffective And Unethical, Report Argues

www.npr.org...

Abstaining from sexual activity is a surefire way to prevent pregnancy and avoid sexually transmitted diseases. But programs advocating abstinence often fail to prevent young people from having sex, researchers write in the September issue of the Journal of Adolescent Health.

Such programs, sometimes referred to as "abstinence only until marriage" programs, typically advocate monogamous, heterosexual marriage as the only appropriate context for sexual intercourse and as the only certain way to avoid unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases.

But its ethical to place people effectively on home arrest, destroy livelihoods, and stop the most basic social functions?

Shrugs. Walks away. Have fun.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I believe the correct term is Masked Ball.

Now wash your hands!
edit on 1452020 by Tulpa because: Wash your hands again

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Abstinence-Only Education Is Ineffective And Unethical, Report Argues

www.npr.org...

Abstaining from sexual activity is a surefire way to prevent pregnancy and avoid sexually transmitted diseases. But programs advocating abstinence often fail to prevent young people from having sex, researchers write in the September issue of the Journal of Adolescent Health.

Such programs, sometimes referred to as "abstinence only until marriage" programs, typically advocate monogamous, heterosexual marriage as the only appropriate context for sexual intercourse and as the only certain way to avoid unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases.

But its ethical to place people effectively on home arrest, destroy livelihoods, and stop the most basic social functions?

Shrugs. Walks away. Have fun.

When did I reference anything to do with "ethics"?

What is "ethical" is subjective, at best, anyway, but you are comparing what two consenting adults (irrespective of how wise), to a situation where multiple innocent bystanders can be harmed.

I, honestly, don't see any correlation.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
Now wash your hands!

I always wash my hands, Covid doesn't kill itself.

Just like Epstein.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Say's who?

If you are being sarcastic, you need to use an emoji like this one....

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

According to the official story, everyone involved in that has clean hands so....

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

What? Have you ever HAD sex? You have to have close, intimate contact usually with exchange of bodily fluids to pass a 'sexually transmitted disease'. See? It's right there in the title. You don't get STDs cause someone sneezed or coughed 3ft away from you. You're comparing Apples with ass-hats. Stupid post. Sorry.

Are you trying to tell me that that wasn't a bushel of ass-hats that I just bought at the store yesterday?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
oh god this is such a smooth-brained take, even for ats

the reason abstinence doesn't work is because teenagers still have the extremely powerful drive for sex, only because they haven't been taught how to do it safely or anything about how it works in favour of just being told "don't", they make all sorts of mistakes out of inexperience and lack of knowledge and things like stds and unwanted pregnancies happen.

Covid, on the other hand, is when a lot of people are trying really hard to understand and explain what's going on and what makes the most sense from a medical standpoint, but many other people just keep shouting about their freedom and how badly they want a haircut.

If you really REALLY want to make this a reasonable analogy, what's happening is we're in a fairly decent sex ed class (not the greatest but it covers the basics), but instead of paying attention to the person at the front of the room who's done the study, a bunch of surly kids are sticking their fingers in their ears and going YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO and HAVING TO USE A CONDOM ISN'T FREEDOM and I WANT A HAIRCUT

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Enlighten me as to which "people" advocate abstinence. Only the religious right/evangelical types suggest anything like that. And no, it's not realistic in the big picture.

I'm religious. They never taught us that we should be abstinent. They only taught us that premarital sex is bad, and we never listened. But I'm also Southern Baptist so that could be why.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Condoms are pushed far more than abstinence,

It's called personal protective equipment now ...

Nobel Prize virologist Luc Montagnier

We came to the conclusion that there was manipulation around this virus. .... someone added sequences, in particular of HIV, the virus of AIDS.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Mach2

I'm religious. They never taught us that we should be abstinent. They only taught us that premarital sex is bad, and we never listened. But I'm also Southern Baptist so that could be why.

I would never lump all religious ppl together, as having the exact same set of beliefs.

Obviously, some groups are more radical, or strict than others. That is true of all religions, not just Christianity. An orthodox Catholic probably has little in common with a Southern Baptist, or Methodist.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I will give you an analogy that kind of fits.

Here we go:

Just because the HIV positive guy refuses to wear a condom or tell anyone he has sex with that he has HIV because Freedom.

How dare anyone tell him to wear a condom (or mask) because he may have a transmittable disease. He feels fine!

Freedom!!!

That is the attitude I have seen here lately. I feel fine and am at low risk so I am not wearing a mask. I have a right to infect others and be a damned jackass.

Freedom!
edit on 14-5-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
That is the attitude I have seen here lately. I feel fine and am at low risk so I am not wearing a mask. I have a right to infect others and be a damned jackass.

Stay at home if you're afraid of catching viruses.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join