It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beginning writer - my first two published novels and a horror promo video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hey ATS'ers,
My website has links to my first two books, plus a video promo for the third that I'm working on now. The webpage provides detailed synopses of the two that are available on Amazon (one is a psychological thriller, the other an emotional story about old age). The third book is a collection of short stories that are horror/thriller tales. Please forgive my shameless self-promotion... I'm just trying to gain some exposure into this whole writing thing, and I've found that the business part of it is definitely not easy. My site -- jdwilsonbooks.com
Thanks,
Capt.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: captTrips

No B&N Nooks? I still don't do Kindle. Horror short stories are my guilty pleasure.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Good luck, BTW.

You self publishing?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I tried to promote my work once and I was # on by many members.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Yes... KDP (Amazon and Kindle).

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Thought that may well happen... but worth a shot. Thanks.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

It's been my experience that if you want to sell, screenplays are a great alternative. Marketing is still a task but worth the effort.

You still need to adhere to industry standard!!! As a producer/filmmaker, I use this....

www.celtx.com...

If you perhaps try a short screenplay, I'd like to read it.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It's been my experience that if you want to sell, screenplays are a great alternative. Marketing is still a task but worth the effort.

You still need to adhere to industry standard!!! As a producer/filmmaker, I use this....

www.celtx.com...

If you perhaps try a short screenplay, I'd like to read it.

Thanks very much. I'm just not sure that screenplays are my cup of tea. I write the story and envision it in my mind, as clear as if I'm seeing it in a movie, but the screenplay thing is an entirely different beast (at least it would be for me, I think). But thanks. Something to think about anyway.

top topics

join