It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin is going through the worst social experiment ever

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ketsuko

I meant work packs sent home by the school for home learning, not his actual education at home.

Oh ... They all have district iPads. So the teachers all have lessons they send out at 9 every morning that we're supposed to work through and respond back to them. Right now, we're working through a writing unit on composing a realistic fiction story -- we're rough drafting, and are due to begin revising here in the next day or so -- and we're putting together a "genius hour" project for reading that involves research -- we're crafting a working "robot" hand with a "rocket launcher" using rubber bands, straws, a basic pulley system, and we'll craft a light styrofoam cover for the mechanisms.

Math is multiplication and division at the moment.

We're also doing Social Studies which is a mix of resources and basic economics.

Then he has random lessons from gym, health, art, music, etc.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well sounds like the school you've enrolled him in is somewhat more switched on than what were getting, although the teachers here are struggling with a blend of half the school is in and half i s at home creating twice t h e work for teachers.

Also sport is lame at school, I have him swimming and doing tennis once a week, I'm his soccer coach and we train twice a week and have a game on Saturdays, although it's all canned at the moment which is painful, but starting back up in week 6, were in week 3 now so hopefully...

Also I opted for printed work packs instead of online learning, I find screans too distracting and not very good learning platforms .
edit on 14-5-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Reporting in from northern Wisconsin. The bars around here opened at 7pm last night and were PACKED. I mean probably over fire safety levels.

If any state is going to see a huge spike in the next two weeks it’s going to be Wisconsin.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

He's in a public school, but it's one of the more solid districts in the state. They do have one of the top high schools. If we stay in this area for his high school which we aren't planning, we'd have to move to get him into that high school's area, but the other high schools aren't horrible.

He's too young to be in sports programs yet through school. Any sport would be rec based. He started tae kwon do early in his first grade year and really took to it though. He's about ready to start his year of training toward his first degree. He just earned the right to train out of his last color belt rank this past week.

They will be starting youth sports back up in some of the local area leagues for baseball I've heard. There was a thing on it in the news. There are plenty of parents like us who feel that with some extra cleaning measures and knowing what we know about kids, most kids in sports are likely going to be safe enough from it. Kiddo just started back to in-house practice this past week in limited groups of 10 in fact.

Different areas are very much doing this in different ways. I'm a little concerned with what they want to do in the fall. I've heard rumblings that they want to rotate days, half home, half in-house to spread kids out. Or run days in waves with half the kids in the building at any one time.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well, seeing as how WI has set the standard for 'screw everyone else my personal 'freedoms' are all that matter' people should feel free to not wear shoes in restaurants, smoke in restaurants, movie theaters, airplanes, offices or any other damn place they feel their personal liberties are being infringed. Want to use the ladies' restroom? Go for it. Don't let anyone tell you that you need to weigh your actions against the greater public good. Screw that. It's every man for him/herself from now on.

They better hope that the politicians know more than the scientists.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Yes, because that's all certainly what it means when a government that has co-equal branches tries to sidestep that fact and issue a one person dictate from someone no one elected goes to the courts to rectify that situation.

All this means is that legislature feels they have a place at the table when you're making decisions as life altering as these are because that's actually what the laws say.

Just because the legislature wants a part in that process doesn't mean they want no restrictions at all.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Nobody is forcing anybody to go into public places if they don't want to 🎃

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

But the point is ALL these einsteins packed the bars and went home and to the grocery store and will spread the virus to people that ARE trying to protect themselves. I hope the politicians know what they're doing. And if this goes sideways I hope you lot have the balls to hold them accountable.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The "germ fest orgy" just started Wednesday night. Wall to wall, face to face, at local bars all over the state.

Wisconsin always makes the news for being flat out ignorant.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GrandSchemeOfThings

So we can anticipate that this will cause the same outbreaks that your in-person primary caused?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
Reporting in from northern Wisconsin. The bars around here opened at 7pm last night and were PACKED. I mean probably over fire safety levels.

If any state is going to see a huge spike in the next two weeks it’s going to be Wisconsin.

Exactly, people just can't follow even the most basic safety social distancing rules.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Because people are ignorant and people are selfish. There is no United States anymore. It's simply a mob that lives between Canada and Mexico.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

But the point is ALL these einsteins packed the bars and went home and to the grocery store and will spread the virus to people that ARE trying to protect themselves.

Those are "regular people", and apparently regular people haven't been affected by the virus, just meatpackers, who aren't regular people, who don't have kids and don't go to grocery stores or have graduations, weddings and backyard barbeques.

Chief justice: COVID-19 spread at meatpacking plant not affecting 'regular folks' www.wisn.com...#

"Due to the meatpacking, though, that's where the Brown County got the flare. It wasn't just the regular folks in Brown County," Wisconsin Supreme Court Chief Justice Patience Roggensack said.

Shameful! This is one of 4 Supreme Court Justices that rule "regular people" should be allowed to go celebrate all night long in public bars!

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Guess what else ISN'T open?

The courts....

Yes a place that could actually social distance... ironic isn't it.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

If the courts aren't open ... how on earth did they get one to overturn this order?

Asking for a friend ...

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If the courts aren't open ... how on earth did they get one to overturn this order?

Asking for a friend ...

Closed except for certain "Limited Exceptions"
You know like safe Zoom meetings

www.wicourts.gov...

In an effort to protect the public, attorneys, court staff, and judges from the health risks associated with COVID-19, the Wisconsin courts have issued orders temporarily suspending in-person proceedings statewide, with certain limited exceptions

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Hey, they're kicking all the crooks out of prison too.

But, again, I have to reiterate that this would not have happened if the governor had not allowed a single official without the legal authority to do so to attempt to bypass the legislature to continue imposing a complete lockdown on everyone there.

That undermined everything and set this up.

Had the governor come to the table to create a plan with his legislature, things might have been fluid and far more reasonable as far as you're concerned.

For me? I don't care. People are going to do what they do. Idiots or not, it's their decision. As adults, I grant them that choice because I don't feel like I have to nanny everyone so I can feel safe.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: xuenchen

But the point is ALL these einsteins packed the bars and went home and to the grocery store and will spread the virus to people that ARE trying to protect themselves. I hope the politicians know what they're doing. And if this goes sideways I hope you lot have the balls to hold them accountable.

I'm asking this again, as nobody seems to know.

When did this turn from 'flattening the curve", to "wait for a vaccine "?

I have friends that have been furloughed from Froedert and Aurora. I have another friend that is on some sort of rotation schedule that has her on "standby", majority of the time.

Our hospitals are like ghost towns. I've noticed two large COVID tents have already been disassembled.

When is it okay with you, for me to go out again?

I know that I'd rather get the virus NOW, since I'd literally have the attention of ALL the staff. But also, I just want to get it over with.

If I (or a loved one) dies from the COVID-19virus, we will just have to get through the grief. That's life.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Some analysis on the ruling and what it means.

Basically, you can't have an official who writes rules that are basically enforceable with rule criminal penalties like this lady did without legislative process.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Because people are ignorant and people are selfish. There is no United States anymore. It's simply a mob that lives between Canada and Mexico.

The state of Georgia was criticized for violating the guidelines and opening too fast.

143 Covid-19 deaths per million people in Georgia, since Feb, isn't bad at all.

Wisconsin's Covid-19 death rate is even lower.

Source: www.worldometers.info...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join