It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are you doing with the stay at home order ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well, our "stay at home" plan in Tennessee wasn't really enforced. It ended up being more of a recommendation.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Plotus

I don't like what its doing to the overall economy, or having to wear a mask inside stores. But the lack of traffic and long lines here in the Chicago suburbs is so relaxing. The selfish side of me doesn't want it to ever end.

One of my kids said the same. They liked how much more quiet it is and less people everywhere. I agree. Id move to a 1 horse town, but not only cant we disengage from the base.. the housing market has just gone to poop again and no one wants to live in godforsaken Illinois anyway!

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Life hasn't exactly changed for me aside from the lack of travel for work. The extra video conferences are obnoxious, it's like people have to act busy in order to feel self validation? I'm not working any more or less, just more meetings that I tune out of. Otherwise it's pretty much the same, stay home with the wife, enjoy our entertainment methods such as streaming, video games, reading, and working on hobbies. I've already decided that if work wants me to start traveling again I'll find another job that does 100% remote work, as there isn't a single aspect of my job that can't be done remotely. We drive out once a week to check on the progress of our house that's being built, maybe once every two weeks for things we run low on for cooking. So overall, it's been pretty nice.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

We have discovered a couple problems with staying at home.

We were a commuter family and pretty busy, so we bought a smaller house. We didn't need anything large nor did we have the time or desire to maintain it.

But now we have two introverts and one extrovert packed in here. Kiddo wants desperately to get back to normal, and we would LOVE for him to go there. We have two of us who want the other two to leave, and one who just wants to go there.

We've discovered that our previous schedule gave us all what we needed in terms of alone time and go time, and now that's gone. So we're all a bit tense.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
We live mid way between three cities so we're semi rural. Still under shelter in place rules. So far it's very relaxing.

I get up, have coffee, do my chores. We shop once a week. This week I took a car in for service . Dropped it off and walked around the area. Saw lots of people walking, some with dogs. The guys at the dealership really wanted me to come inside. I passed on that. They brought paperwork out and I pretty much just scribbled my name without touching anything.

One of the things that I've noticed is how quiet it is. We live a mile from a rural highway and I never thought about the road noise, but now it's not there. We don't have mountain lions or wild boar, but we do have turkeys,skunks, and coyotes. The coyotes sometimes sing in the evenings.

We've also noticed how clear the air is. On most days it's just beautiful.

We shop about once per week. Most people wear masks and try to give you social distance. We are gearing up for a trip to Costco probably early next week. It's funny how going to Costco now seems like an event. We haven't been to Costco for a month so I'm curious if it will seem any different than a month ago.

Overall, I kind of enjoy the shelter in place, but I enjoyed my life before shelter in place. I do like the quiet

I hope that everyone else is doing well

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well we all seem to be using a level head after reading all the comments. Some easier, others more difficult, but thankfully not life shattering. I find a lot of what everyone says running along the lines of my own experience through all this I too am rural only 9 miles to town in one direction and 6 in the other. I'm still concerned. I haven't had anyone close succumb to the virus. It all seems to be some distance away despite media reports.

Stimulus seems a hot topic. And weather we might receive another, or metered out help ?
I wish us all well and the ability to stay afloat until this has passed.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Ha ha, I thought it was "bigger on the inside".........

a reply to: ketsuko

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Ummm...we’re getting some home improvements done...me and the missus found out...we actually like each other...

I’m stocking up on booze...gotta keep the ole innards sanitized...

Planning to start renovating the motor home...we named it...”Rust Bucket”...(for the Ben 10 fans)...but it’s nickname is...BOB...for bug out bus...

I’m also thinking of buying an older diesel pusher charter bus...to do a conversion...I like it because it has a stainless steel frame and undercarriage/chassis...with thick aluminum upper structure...

Also...going to plant the garden...soon as the snow stops...it’s snowed three times here in the last week...with frost most nights...

Lots of time to knock another item off the honey do list...

So...a lot of positives...and not much negative...so far...

YouSir

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm filing lawsuits.

The End.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I live on the streets.
I think it's pretty nice that everyone is staying inside.
Feels like I own the city.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I live in a semi-rural area and little has changed.

I am retired and at high risk with heart problems and autoimmune lung disorders.

I go into town once a week for food.

I go shooting twice a week and metal detecting once a week for fun.

And spend a night reloading my spent ammo.

I do have a VA doctors appointment in LA Calif on the 6 of June that I will have to wear a mask while I am down there.

Otherwise, no big changes.

I do miss hitting the thrift stores for books, but I was lucky I had stockpiled a bag of books so I still have a few left to read.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah if we had kids I would probably be miserable. I know a lot of folks at work who have kids are not having a very easy time of things. I know even some without kids aren't having an easy time of it. Just depends on the person I suppose. We were having our groceries delivered before this happened, so aside from now having to go to the store to check on things that may or may not be in stock, that's about the biggest change for us.

Now don't get me wrong, I miss my favorite ramen spot, but I can deal with the passable home-made version I can whip up.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

It's not having the kid. It's not even each other. We all love each other dearly. It's more a function of the space and all being confined together.

Kiddo wants and needs to get out and live his normal life. He's a goer and a doer.

Husband and I both are content to be stuck inside and around the house, but we also need a good percentage of alone time to recharge our sanity batteries. Our previous schedules in normalcy allowed that. Now we don't.

So you have three people who are all just "off" because we don't have the lives we need to keep ourselves centered all the way stuck in a space that's small enough we can't escape.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Honolulu has relaxed, slightly, some stay home rules.

This just arrived from my daughter's school:

Families will drive through campus on a designated route, stopping beside the presentation stage. Graduates will be able to walk to the stage, receive their diplomas, and have a picture taken to commemorate the occasion.

We are thrilled to see you tomorrow and I truly can’t wait to see our graduates pick up their diplomas on May 23rd, turn, and smile for their final picture before becoming Mid-Pacific alumni.

Way better than nothing, which is what the kids were expecting. There will also be a virtual graduation ceremony later in the day.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I've not missed a single day of work. But I'd be less bored at home. Your avatar looks like Sharon Tate.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

I have a good friend in New Jersey. His wife and two little girls flew down to Florida in March so his wife could visit her mom. Then the shutdown happened and she's been down there with his girls ever since. So far he's celebrated his birthday alone and dealt with Mother's Day without his wife.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I lost my job about a week before the virus hit the U.K. I knew I was being made redundant at least 6 months ago. It fell at the end of February unfortunately.

I have used my time to sort my home out, go for walks, learn to eat healthier and finish my 3rd novel. I'll admit it's not been easy. My mental health has suffered some what. Living on your own during a situation like this is very hard to deal with. I take every day as it comes though. Baby steps.

edit on Fri, 15 May 2020 15:23:28 -0500032052020000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Im bedroom-divorcing the husband for good this time.

I said " Look you snore like a freight train and when you have a nightmare ( which he does a lot.. ptsd.. combat..) you beat the hell out of me. You have a whole room on the other floor with a full bathroom that you pretend is an office where you do your important stuff. "

He said..." You have a whole other room too that you could sleep in.. it has a fully functioning sink, oven, stove, Fridge...."

I said Eff you and he said eff you and I said thats the only time youre coming into MY room ( meaning the bedroom) and he said what if he needs to use the ice maker....

If he wasnt so good looking Id throw him out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join