It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are you doing with the stay at home order ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

What stay at home order

You would never know where i live in the UK , everything seems normal except furniture shops are closed but everything else looks the same and it still takes 5 minutes to cross the road with the traffic , buses and trains are still running supermarkets and hardware shops are full and anybody wearing a mask is looked at like a alien and laughed at , i am out gardening or walking the dog a LOT
i am actually out a lot more now than i ever was

And nobody is getting sick or dying in my area

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

You're in TN, right (or you moved quite a bit I recall)? We don't have lion where I live. Skunks and Coons are common, but I rarely "see" them. Never a porcupine here either. I guess you're lucky that lion ran away.

There's a state park about 15mins from my house, with various equestrian trials I frequent. I have always gone the same route, and the worse I saw was a water moccasin that tried to chase my ass.

A couple of years ago I decided to try this other trail on the other side of the park, and I came across some huge ass wild boar, one with tusks, and with piglets. They all ran away as I got closer, but believe me, I was looking for the best tree to climb.
edit on 13-5-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I'm liking it. My company has gone virtual so can work in my undies.

Bought a kindle awhile ago. Been doing a ton of reading.

Also just started a course on Udemy which is super interesting.

Obviously Get to spend more time with the family

...its win win win for me

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I’m in Northern California, my county has not yet been given the OK to re-open.

Additionally, I am considered an “At Risk” individual, and so, I will be sheltering in place likely until there is an effective vaccine available.

I am doing fine, and in fact, I am actually enjoying the time at home. I am reading and listening to music. Catching up on chores and projects around the house. I get out once or twice a week to shop for groceries and prescriptions.

Traffic (with the exception of emergency vehicles) has been dramatically reduced in my area, and the quiet is very welcome. Haven’t had a single interaction with LEO’s yet.

I wonder if this means that I would make a good candidate for a deep space mission?

For those of a religious bent, which I am definitely NOT, when the “raptured” are supposedly “taken up” before the Tribulation, how will they handle the isolation of being “sheltered in (that) place”?

So many questions when you Finally have time enough to ponder!

edit on 13-5-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Lol a boar would freak me out for sure. I'm not sure they live up here. I'm in the mountains in Colorado cuz my doctor's here. For a few more days at least, only been here a week so far.

Some guy asked me how long will this last I think, and I told him "forever...." hahaha.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: Liquesence

Lol a boar would freak me out for sure. I'm not sure they live up here. I'm in the mountains in Colorado cuz my doctor's here. For a few more days at least, only been here a week so far.

Some guy asked me how long will this last I think, and I told him "forever...." hahaha.

I hear you and agree. My dad took me to hunt everything.. he wanted a boy I think. From Deer and coons to gators and bear. One thing he wouldnt take me to hunt when they went were wild boar. Theyd go to Louisiana Arkansas and Texas on trips to hunt boar. I mean people use ARs and AKs to hunt hogs. My uncle used a 243 to kill one and the damned thing popped back up when he got close.. nearly killed him. Now hes using an AR.

Why keep going after a boar almost eats your face off?? Because they are the tastiest
I dont like pork.. like regular piggy pork.. but wild hog is incredibly good!!

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I had a business collapse and had nowhere to go to work so locked the gates on my property and I haven't been out since the 17th of March.

Because I've no need to go out.

I've expanded the garden, got the hot greenhouses going, sold a ton of starts from a table outside my gate with a can for people to put money into.

I planted 1/4 acre of buckwheat because I've never done it before.

On the rainy days after I'm done greenhouse transplants I've been working on a book that I've always wanted to write...

Waiting for my hops to bloom so I can send some of my beer to Australia...

I think that in where I live in Montana that everything was lifted as far as restrictions the 3rd of this month.

We're planning on having a Summer solstice party the 21st of June so I'll open the property up for that.

Life for me has been pretty good.

edit on 13-5-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Are you near Browning?? Thats where all of my relatives live.. I go up there pretty often. I love Montana!

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
I think that in where I live in Montana that everything was lifted as far as restrictions the 3rd of this month.

Officially this article disagrees with your assessment of everything being lifted on the 3rd of this month: www.mtpr.org...

The common thread is that while certain things have opened in phases social distancing and other measures remain in place.

Though I am on the East Coast my plans are to retire to Bozeman and over the past decade or so I have visit Howlers Inn, located right outside of Bozeman, 4 times so its sort of my home away from home. =)

edit on 13-5-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Officially this article disagrees with your assessment of everything being lifted on the 3rd of this month.
The common thread here is that while certain things have opened in phases social distancing and other measures remain in place.

www.mtpr.org...

Officially I'm not going anywhere till I need to, which seems to be sometime in August when I'll need more gasoline for the mower.

So I really don't officially care about what they are doing here... it has nothing to do with my life right now.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Are you near Browning?? Thats where all of my relatives live.. I go up there pretty often. I love Montana!

Nah... I'm a few hours from there between the mountain ranges to the west.

The only thing I know about Browning is that I got stranded there once driving home in the winter and there were a bunch of nice folks there that made me feel welcome until I could keep driving.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
There's a stay at home order in New York? If so tons of people have been violating it for a few weeks now. Judging by the number of people I see out I'd guess its only the children who are out of school who are staying home.

Between doing my job and my kids teachers job I really don't have time to do much anything else.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Avoiding politics and stuff...

I'm doing pretty well. I still have a job and I live in a place which some call paradise.

My daughter, a high school senior who will not "walk", is keeping it together. She makes me proud. Continually. She amazes me. Continually.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Officially this article disagrees with your assessment of everything being lifted on the 3rd of this month.
The common thread here is that while certain things have opened in phases social distancing and other measures remain in place.

www.mtpr.org...

Officially I'm not going anywhere till I need to, which seems to be sometime in August when I'll need more gasoline for the mower.

So I really don't officially care about what they are doing here... it has nothing to do with my life right now.

Yup, that all makes sense and sounds pretty awesome and within the confines of your property your date of the third would be correct if that is what you are talking about.

Im just pointing out that your assessment of everything around you being opened as of the third doesnt match up with other sources.

All the same, I cant wait to get back to Bozeman.
Howlers has changed ownership but it's worth visiting still as there is literally nothing like hearing wolves howl at night .
It is essentially down the street from Casey Andersons Grizzly Encounter also as a point of reference.
=)
edit on 13-5-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
No lockdown here. It's recommended to stay at home, but very few people are actually doing it. Traffic is busy as ever and my place of employment is far busier than it normally would be this time of the year.

Honestly, it's just a normal time for me except for the movie theatre being closed. I really miss popping in to see a movie.

So, nothing different. Playing video games, working, some yard work.

After all this time, we still only have one confirmed case. Things need to get back to normal so people will stop using the aisles at Walmart as their social gathering places.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Avoiding politics and stuff...

I'm doing pretty well. I still have a job and I live in a place which some call paradise.

My daughter, a high school senior who will not "walk", is keeping it together. She makes me proud. Continually. She amazes me. Continually.

Nice to hear from you again and I'm glad things are going well for you and your daughter.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

www.mtpr.org...

Yup, that all makes sense and sounds pretty awesome and within the confines of your property your date of the third would be correct if that is what you are talking about.

Im just pointing out that your assessment of everything around you being opened as of the third doesnt match up with other sources.

All the same, I cant wait to get back to Bozeman. =)

Oh!

Sorry about that... a friend of mine told me the barber shop and the restaurants opened back up the 3rd.

So I had assumed that things were getting back to normal.

I've no idea about the social distancing part of it.

All I heard is that TP is back in the grocery store and you can once again buy more than two 30 packs of beer at a time.

edit on 13-5-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

If you have bees the honey made with buckwheat is great for cardiovascular problems of all sorts.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Well,

Not much different for me except 2 hours of windshield time back and forth to the office I have not had to do for the last couple of months.

I miss shopping at the store but that is about it.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I don't like what its doing to the overall economy, or having to wear a mask inside stores. But the lack of traffic and long lines here in the Chicago suburbs is so relaxing. The selfish side of me doesn't want it to ever end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join