It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actor Kevin James Does Short Satire Video That May Trigger Some ̶L̶i̶b̶e̶r̶a̶l̶s̶ Sheep

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Kevin James, the “King of Queens” star, posted a short satirical clip on his YouTube channel last Friday.

This clip is funny because it perfectly illustrates the paranoia and fear that people are experiencing during the coronavirus crisis.

Just wait until "contact tracing" starts in some states across the US. Contact tracing programs are being created and managed by bureaucrats, what possibly could go wrong? Privacy intrusions will probably be the norm and don't be surprised if it's used for public surveillance.

"It is vital that, when we come out of the current crisis, we have not created a tool that enables data collection on the population, or on targeted sections of society, for surveillance," the letter said.

The statement points to concerns that the data could be used to trace the people someone has been in contact with – something which, in the wrong hands, could be highly detrimental to privacy

www.zdnet.com...

edit on 5/12/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yeah, I'm working atm, but it's on the stuff I'm proofing. They've got it in stuff from Mass especially. "If you get a call from a number with this or that prefix, answer. It's important. They're the contact tracers, and they're there to help. You'll be assigned a case manager. They'll ask you questions about where you were, who you were with and can identify, work with you to manage resources and make sure you stay in place, etc. ..." Spooky stuff.

edit on 12-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Fists need to be coming in to contact with people's faces.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I kinda wish they would have had robot dogs, but cant have everything lol Seems like a miss opportunity that would have been.. relevant.

Didnt know whether to laugh or cry, brain went with laughter though

edit on 12-5-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Little too close to the truth.

We even have members here who would turn you in for less. Just a wild guess, but I'd say most of their shirts are brown.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Oh the libs are gonna have a Pelosi level meltdown over this. They can't see humor in anything and will instead "feel" (cuz they love feelings ya know) threatened somehow, someway by things like this. I just SMFH.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I've been watching all his videos, they are all pretty funny.

That one was spot on, tragically humorous.
edit on 12-5-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Contact Tracers?

Sounds like sandmen more like.

Maybe they'll soon find themselves being hunted and "neutralised " for the betterment of society.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Just noting that when one sees "triggers" and "sheep" one can safely trace the path of information back to some state run troll farm.

One shouldn't form a worldview from shallow, unproven stereotypes, tropes and memes. Life is far more nuanced.

As for the video... it was way too long and full of subtext, brah.

link   

This wins best video of the day!
Maybe technically satire but not too far from reality with all the snitch lines these days.

link   

Again with the comedians getting it spot on - the TVs 'keep em all locked down' crowd likes to tell us how to dob-in an anti-masker and/or personal proximity invader because you know, they're clearly serial killers with their targeted death jogging and picnicing.

Comedians are the voice through which the public speak and are a snapshot of 'culture' - first it was Dave, then Ricky and now Kevin.

Good stuff.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Love his sense of humour!
"Kevin James" and "RUN!" aren't exactly words you think of being used together in a sentence, and it's titled "Out of Touch"! So many angles to look into here, lol!!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Pretty sure the COVID Gestapo is just around the corner with a significant portion of the population being Vichy French, at least in some states.

Here in Georgia, stores are full, people are out with very few masks being seen much less used. There is a growing number of cases of ThatwasabunchofBS itis and this virus they don't seem afraid at all of catching it.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Pretty sure the COVID Gestapo is just around the corner with a significant portion of the population being Vichy French, at least in some states.

Here in Georgia, stores are full, people are out with very few masks being seen much less used. There is a growing number of cases of ThatwasabunchofBS itis and this virus they don't seem afraid at all of catching it.
Now, I dont want hurt anyones "feelz"... but Im guessing a few millenials may need reminded who the Vichy French were.

VERY apt description however

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Haha. Love this.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

originally posted by: putnam6

Now, I don't want hurt anyone's "feels"... but I'm guessing a few Millenials may need to be reminded who the Vichy French were.

VERY apt description, however

LOL should have put the Vichy millennials and Gen Xer's LOL. The silly thing is I have two Vichy daughters that would likely turn me in too LOL

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Leave your phone, fit bit or any device at home. Print maps if you need to get somewhere new. Turn off or disable the GPS on your car.

Set up a home alone fake out, and strap the phone to your dog so they think your still at home.

Sarcasm....but kinda not. 🤔

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
He's gonna be blacklisted.

Hollywood stars aren't allowed to speak truth to power.

They're suppose to tow their commie masters line. (Also Truth how much of China now owns Hollywood).

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that. I'll be sharing it around.

However, I think that you missed the mark in calling it satirical. Sadly, I don't think that it's satirical at all. I think that portentous would be a more accurate adjective.
edit on 2020 5 12 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

Leave your phone, fit bit or any device at home. Print maps if you need to get somewhere new. Turn off or disable the GPS on your car.

Set up a home alone fake out, and strap the phone to your dog so they think your still at home.

Sarcasm....but kinda not. 🤔

No, not sarcasm at all. No more than that video was "satire". More like good advice; the video and your post. Maybe even a portent.
edit on 2020 5 12 by incoserv because: I could.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join