It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Return of Iron Mike

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Tyson was drugged right out of it for the end of his career....we didn't get to see him end his career drugs ended his career.

Tyson doesn't look like hes on the same drugs now.

He will with no doubt have more than a punchers chance at winning in todays Heavyweight Division.

I think he could likely still walk through enough less skilled boxers in todays Division to get a HUGE FREAKING MONEY FIGHT....because if there is one thing for sure a Mike Tyson comeback at his age is going to break records....especially if he legitimately destroys a few guys like Foreman did before they set up the MASSIVE PAY DAY.

Tyson is not a normal specimen of Human male....he is an Alpha Physical Specimen.

I do believe he can make a legitimate 4-6 fight comeback.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
He wouldn’t fight Foreman because he knew he would probably lose
Mike is a puncher, best ever but not a thinking boxer

Pretty dumb fighter, not sure he is smart enough to win at his age now, not without his power and speed being diminished by his many years
Be nice to see him comeback if it’s his desire but Rocky was a movie not a reality

He was a thug, great fighter, best ever as a puncher but really couldn’t think out a match, didn’t need to either, just power
He probably hasn’t got that power anymore

They will fight him against other thugs, be a greatbshow

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Sorry man... Forman didn't want to fight Tyson... he was afraid of him

but apparently Tyson was afraid of Forman as well... would have been one hell of a fight

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Don’t think George would have won but George could box, methodically, used brains and fists. Mike could only use his fists.
Foreman would have been worth a bet based on his brains.
Tyson, when Holyfield flustered Tyson, Tyson lost it, Foreman would have crushed Tyson if Tyson wasn’t focused, but, the perfect scenario for Foreman at that age would have had to play out

Tyson, great fighter, hard puncher, one of the best but dumb boxer in my opinion compared to Foreman

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
First off, I think the video in the OP may have been sped up some. That notwithstanding, Tyson does show he may still have the one thing which made him a fearsome opponent. Foreman and Ali were all long punchers. Tyson's tactics were to stay in close, real close. Ali and Foreman needed to get back a ways from their opponent to land the big blows. Tyson never had to do that, he could land crushing blows while right in tight on his opponent. He didn't 'box' his opponents as much as mauled them. He was constantly pushing his opponents with his body, and punching at the same time, and even chest to chest he could land a severe KO punch. I think the fact he was shorter than most of his opponents also helps him, he was punching from below. This also made his body shots way more devastating. He was also difficult to wrap up for the same reason, he could duck out, advance and punch, when most others would step back.

His height didn't always work to his advantage though when fighting really tall fighters like Lewis, but few fighters were that tall.

I never liked Tyson as a person, and he's definitely not a strategic fighter (or the sharpest tool in the shed), but he was probably one of the most dangerous fighters to ever set foot in the ring. And, it looks like he might still be pretty damn dangerous. I'd definitely like to see him at least try, that would be something!

The fight I always wanted to see was Tyson vs. Cooney. I'll bet that would have been a hell of a fight. Cooney was even taller than Lewis, so Tyson would have come at him with his usual head down style, and Cooney would have been drilling him with that sledge hammer of his on the top of his head. Even Foreman said Cooney was one the 3 hardest punchers he ever faced. Always thought Tyson would have needed a helmet for that fight. Cooney wasn't much for going the distance, but in the opening rounds he was dangerous...but I digress.

I think it would be cool to see Tyson try to make a comeback.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Akragon

Ali would have ate him alive.

It's a shame we never got see George Foreman hand Tyson his own ass on a platter.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join