It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris has me confused

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hi to all here. I watched Boris Johnsons address to the country on the news earlier and I have been left scratching my head as to what exactly he meant.
There are some amusing memes flooding Facebook at the moment so I am glad to see I am not the only one having trouble understanding the message.

From what I gather, construction workers and folk to can't work from home can go back to work.
But as for the rest of us and whether we can go outside yet or meet with a family member is left in answered. I did see mentioned the other say about unlimited exercise and possibly being allowed to have picnics but today's briefing hasn't cleared that up unless I missed it completely.

The message has changed from stay home to stay alert. Did anyone else struggle get the gist of what the new plan is? Or is this just Boris's lengthy version on "I don't have a effin clue..."

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk... a link here to his speech today
reply to: Mysterychic88

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mysterychic88

I found it funny that you can meet family members in public as long as you are sitting down.

No standing allowed. lol

He/it is a joke. Designed to frustrate and cause even more stress.

Apparently he will clarify things today (monday) but the way things look it will be even more confusing.

Why the heck can't they just have a single website with who can do what, when, with who, why, where etc etc.

GET RID OF HIM ASAP. HE IS A PATSY doing the dirty work of the parasites imo.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

What about the part of only quarantining people who come from abroad, when it gets better.... Eh? 🤨

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I know it's bonkers as if they have waited all this time to do it. Makes a mockery of the whole thing a reply to: DiddyC

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DiddyC

What about the part of only quarantining people who come from abroad, when it gets better.... Eh? 🤨

This is for inbound flights only, although there is a "pact" between Britain and France with less restrictions I think.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Glad to see I am not the only one confused by his message. I think he is only allowing that because people have finally had enough and seem to be flouting it now. I have noticed alot more people about in the last few days.
Well let's hope he clears some things up because it seems like his words have been lost on a lot of us.
I just want to take my little one for a picnic and eat some cheese and cucumber sandwiches in the sun without some gung ho coppers barking that I need to get home. a reply to: nerbot

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think the whole country is confused right now..

They have really messed up in my opinion, giving ambiguous messages is only going to result in more deaths.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

As someone from "across the pond" I rarely comment on your politics.

But I have friends and family there, so the one thing I can add to your OP...

Boris has the whole damn world confused right now.

So you are in the right place in your head.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Not sure if this quite tops the whole herd immunity debacle but it's pretty close. Hopefully over the coming days he will clarify what he meant exactly.

Not sure if it's going to make a massive difference now mind I think people have grown tired of the lock down and are starting to venture out more often. a reply to: Lumenari

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mysterychic88
Glad to see I am not the only one confused by his message. I think he is only allowing that because people have finally had enough and seem to be flouting it now. I have noticed alot more people about in the last few days.
Well let's hope he clears some things up because it seems like his words have been lost on a lot of us.
I just want to take my little one for a picnic and eat some cheese and cucumber sandwiches in the sun without some gung ho coppers barking that I need to get home. a reply to: nerbot

What kind of cheese do you put in the cheese and cucumber sandwiches?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I agree with you, more people will take this as the go ahead to start going out and mingling. And I think they acted far too late.
I feel so sorry for those who have lost loved ones a reply to: Churchhousecreeper

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mysterychic88
Hi to all here. I watched Boris Johnsons address to the country on the news earlier and I have been left scratching my head as to what exactly he meant.
There are some amusing memes flooding Facebook at the moment so I am glad to see I am not the only one having trouble understanding the message.

From what I gather, construction workers and folk to can't work from home can go back to work.
But as for the rest of us and whether we can go outside yet or meet with a family member is left in answered. I did see mentioned the other say about unlimited exercise and possibly being allowed to have picnics but today's briefing hasn't cleared that up unless I missed it completely.

The message has changed from stay home to stay alert. Did anyone else struggle get the gist of what the new plan is? Or is this just Boris's lengthy version on "I don't have a effin clue..."

Last sentence will do rightly, many reasons for that, none more so than there is no implemented/De Facto methodology available for all those who would want to go back to work.
I did get, and recall though, the famous Conservative meme from years ago, about, "if you want a job, get on yer bike"
that Boris needed to paraphrase..totally out of the context here...no doubt some tabloid artist will pick up on that before sunrise.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am banking on it a reply to: smurfy

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

To be fair Boris has been the confused type of prime minister from day one, probably waiting for cumming's to tell him what to do etc and of course taking most orders from his party's senior donors (those that own the conservative party in all but name).

His response to the pandemic was woeful (and even worse the response to British citizens in need of help abroad during this crisis - while other nations sent planes to bring there citizens home we dragged our feet because frankly the guy has not got a clue in this crisis and is just worrying about the money men and there interests though to be fair he is far better than some other possible candidates we may have had especially his competitors in the Tory party leadership contest so possibly the better of a lot of poor choices, we are stuck with him for now at any rate and I now think the guy has a bit more empathy for the victim's than perhaps he would have since he also contracted the illness - at first I was skeptical on that but I do actually believe he did catch it and perhaps it was an act of God to bring him down to earth a bit), the fact that already were the restrictions have been lifted elsewhere infections are going up should mean he should not relax those restrictions just yet but he is as I say taking orders and those orders are on behalf of the money not the people so expect our restrictions to be lifted pronto, another wave of infections perhaps worse than at any time during the restriction's will be the inevitable outcome.

The restrictions should NOT be lifted until there is a viable vaccine and it has already began to be distributed AND then it should only be a phased wave across the country starting in those areas were the vaccine has been administered to at least over 40 percent of the potential victim's.

That said we are very much slaves of international economic's and if other nations relax there's we will be forced to relax our's even if it does more harm than good or risk losing out in international economic's at a time we may be facing the worst recession in nearly a century due to the harm the pandemic has already caused.

I am all for suing China for damages, writing those damages off of any loan's they may claim we owe them - if any - and putting our economic balance back on an even keel, after all the German's have just reported that China caused this pandemic regardless of the origin of the virus as they asked the world health organization to help to cover it up while they gained control of it in there country meanwhile allowing it to escape China and spread around the world and all so the Chinese communist party would not lose face - but as another thread commentor pointed out let's not blame the many good people of China for the few bad egg's that orchestrated this debacle in the first place so this is not anti Chinese sentiment on my part just fair and rational reasoning.

So they owe us for there actions, they owe us for the damage to our economy's and for the lives lost as a result of there cover up operation.

edit on 10-5-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I got a couple friends in the NHS and they say all the foreign nhs workers, and there is a ton, fly back and forth to their homes in europe and elsewhere unchecked.

I take Boris comments that I can play golf now. Crisis over!!!

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I can't believe I am about to defend Johnson however the steps he has announced seem to be a reasonable and balanced approach.

More of the problem seems to be that his rhetorical style is completely unsuited to this type of situation and even when he is correct it comes across as vague and confusing.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
I can't believe I am about to defend Johnson however the steps he has announced seem to be a reasonable and balanced approach.

More of the problem seems to be that his rhetorical style is completely unsuited to this type of situation and even when he is correct it comes across as vague and confusing.

It feels odd, doesn't it?

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: ScepticScot

It feels odd, doesn't it?

Odd and slightly dirty.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

GET RID OF HIM ASAP. HE IS A PATSY doing the dirty work of the parasites imo.

That's the MO for all current administrations, what makes you think Boris is special ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join