It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Congressman Ken Buck orders volunteer to commit voter fraud.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
From the article-

Colorado Republican Party Chair Ken Buck, a U.S. representative from Windsor, pressured a local party official to submit incorrect election results to set the primary ballot for a state Senate seat, according to an audio recording of a conference call obtained by The Denver Post.

www.denverpost.com...
(The audio is also included in the link)

Meanwhile, this guy is ranting about Democrats stealing elections and committing voter fraud on his Twitter page.

While I know this will essentially fall on deaf ears here, this is further proof (to me) that our political system is garbage and will remain so.

Edit- I am nor a Democrat or a Republican, just someone disgusted by our political system. The reason for my quip about falling on deaf ears here is because this forum is predominantly right-wing. You need not worry, I will gladly throw the left under the bus just the same, I just hadn't seen this story posted here yet and for the most part, you guys are pretty quick with reporting the left's BS.

edit on 10-5-2020 by Drucifer because: Edited for clarification.

+14 more 
posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
As a primarily Republican voter I say body slam this guy and throw him in the gutter.

I think you’ll find Conservative voters will agree with me. Nobody on the Right wants their person to win by cheating. Unlike the other side of “win at all cost”.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Republican primary ballot?

Why should I care how a political party I don't belong to choose its candidates

Kinda like I didn't care that the DNC stacked the deck so that Biden can be their presidential candidate. Not a member of that party eather and they can choose whom ever how ever they want.
edit on 10-5-2020 by DanDanDat because: Spelling

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Hey, there are scumbags on both sides of the aisle.

IMO, there's a strong chance that voter fraud will occur if mail-in voting is implemented throughout the country.

The whole point of voting in person is to make sure an individual has the proper ID in order to prevent impersonation fraud, voting under fictitious registrations, double-voting by people registered in more than one state and voting by undocumented immigrants.

Then there's this:

Between 2012 and 2018, 28.3 million mail-in ballots remain unaccounted for, according to data from the federal Election Assistance Commission. The missing ballots amount to nearly one in five of all absentee ballots and ballots mailed to voters residing in states that do elections exclusively by mail.

A significant increase in mail-in voting this fall could greatly incentivize “ballot harvesting,” where third parties collect mail-in ballots on behalf of voters and deliver them to election officials. There’s long been a consensus that such a practice incentivizes fraud, and ballot harvesting is illegal in most of the country. Public debate over the issue has intensified in recent years after a GOP operative in North Carolina was indicted for crimes related to ballot harvesting in 2018.

That same election cycle California legalized ballot harvesting, and observers say the practice played a key role in ousting several Republican congressmen in Orange County in 2018, a longstanding GOP stronghold in a state that has become very liberal in recent decades.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This seems like a "gotcha you nasty Republicans!" to me but I'll just say if this is true he needs to be barred from politics for life. If we can't win fairly we haven't done a good enough job showing people why our position is the right one for the country. Period.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Throw him under the bus.

Then back up and throw him in front of the bus.

Repeat as needed.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

There are corrupt people on both sides of the ticket. But there now seems to be more corruption on the left side than the right. I do not agree with what this guy attempted to do, if the information is even correct. With modern technology people can twist things easily. If it is real then I would say that they should do an investigation into it to make sure this kind of behavior does not happen on either side.

So I am sorry I am not going to automatically believe this but then again I do not automatically believe what is said about the left either. I wind up protecting people on both sides from fraudulent blasphemy if my kids or grandkids and relatives post it on facebook. I try to figure out what really went on then show them evidence of what I have found and let them make the determination as to validity. I do tend to wind up blasting the media leftist more than the conservative issues but I have informed some relatives that the Democrat slamming they posted was not correct too.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Hey, there are scumbags on both sides of the aisle.

IMO, there's a strong chance that voter fraud will occur if mail-in voting is implemented throughout the country.

The whole point of voting in person is to make sure an individual has the proper ID in order to prevent impersonation fraud, voting under fictitious registrations, double-voting by people registered in more than one state and voting by undocumented immigrants.

Then there's this:

Between 2012 and 2018, 28.3 million mail-in ballots remain unaccounted for, according to data from the federal Election Assistance Commission. The missing ballots amount to nearly one in five of all absentee ballots and ballots mailed to voters residing in states that do elections exclusively by mail.

A significant increase in mail-in voting this fall could greatly incentivize “ballot harvesting,” where third parties collect mail-in ballots on behalf of voters and deliver them to election officials. There’s long been a consensus that such a practice incentivizes fraud, and ballot harvesting is illegal in most of the country. Public debate over the issue has intensified in recent years after a GOP operative in North Carolina was indicted for crimes related to ballot harvesting in 2018.

That same election cycle California legalized ballot harvesting, and observers say the practice played a key role in ousting several Republican congressmen in Orange County in 2018, a longstanding GOP stronghold in a state that has become very liberal in recent decades.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

I certainly don't disagree about scumbags being on both sides. Hell, that's the only thing in politics that I can say is 100% factual.

For me, this is just another sign of why I strongly dislike our political system, have zero faith in it and it gives me the same feeling of disgust as the contents of your link.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

There are corrupt people on both sides of the ticket. But there now seems to be more corruption on the left side than the right. I do not agree with what this guy attempted to do, if the information is even correct. With modern technology people can twist things easily. If it is real then I would say that they should do an investigation into it to make sure this kind of behavior does not happen on either side.

So I am sorry I am not going to automatically believe this but then again I do not automatically believe what is said about the left either. I wind up protecting people on both sides from fraudulent blasphemy if my kids or grandkids and relatives post it on facebook. I try to figure out what really went on then show them evidence of what I have found and let them make the determination as to validity. I do tend to wind up blasting the media leftist more than the conservative issues but I have informed some relatives that the Democrat slamming they posted was not correct too.

Well, the guy didn't exactly deny doing it, just tried to justify it. Not sure what further proof you need. There were 200 people on that call, surely someone would have stepped up and said "Hey, this recording is doctored.".

I need to augment my OP as I believe my wording is putting the idea into people's heads that because I mentioned it falling on deaf ears here that I may be rooting for the other side. That is not the case. I want them both to burn.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to make of that exchange. It certainly sounds bad. I'd want to know more about how these types of committees operate, whether this is a type of thing that they've traditionally been allowed to do, and whether the state normally turns a blind eye to it.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Kinda like I didn't care that the DNC stacked the deck so that Biden can be their presidential candidate. Not a member of that party eather and they can choose whom ever how ever they want.

if you claim to care about the rules, then breaking them looks all the more sad and pitiful. This guy needs to be removed, and made an example out of. Sure it's pointless as another idiot is not far away, but there isn't any partisan mojo that will absolve this. hang em high.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I would suggest caution on this before rushing to judgement. From the sound of it, there's also a majority of a several hundred person committee also voting to include this person on the ballot in apparent violation of state law, and the change is substantial enough that *someone* is going to notice that and say something. There's no way they get away with that if its something the state actually enforces. That suggests to me that there's more to this story than what we know.
edit on 10-5-2020 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

a reply to: vor78

is a type of thing that they've traditionally been allowed to do

Federal judge rules that political partys are a private corporation

It has every right to disregard its own rules or interpret its rules how it wants because it is a private organization

we're gonna go into back rooms like they used to and smoke cigars and pick the candidate that way.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: provocateur

It has every right to disregard its own rules or interpret its rules how it wants because it is a private organization

we're gonna go into back rooms like they used to and smoke cigars and pick the candidate that way.

Thank you for posting that.

For anyone that thinks that the Democratic or Republican party has to follow some sort of Federal rules in regards to whom they pick as the primary winner, you are sadly misinformed.

They pick whomever they want, regardless of the actual delegate vote.

Ask Ron Paul about that...

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: provocateur

Thank you for posting that.

For anyone that thinks that the Democratic or Republican party has to follow some sort of Federal rules in regards to whom they pick as the primary winner, you are sadly misinformed.

They pick whomever they want, regardless of the actual delegate vote.

Ask Ron Paul about that...

Yes! People don't tend to realize that the primaries are not "The" election, or really anything to do with the federal elections process. They are private entities figuring out how to narrow the field for their party. They make and break their rules at will. The election in November is the one that has to follow federal laws.

Some states treat them as quasi-legit, and get involved with their process to more or less of a degree, but states can also do what they want until the actual federal election takes place.

It is like when Cali tried to prevent Trump from being on the fall ballot if he didn't produce his tax returns. They were quickly informed that the constitution does not require that and you can't impose additional requirements on the actual federal election. Again, primaries are a 'mud-pit' if you will.
edit on 10-5-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
As a primarily Republican voter I say body slam this guy and throw him in the gutter.

I think you’ll find Conservative voters will agree with me. Nobody on the Right wants their person to win by cheating. Unlike the other side of “win at all cost”.

But, but...the other side is not the issue, and indeed this issue does..on the face of it, seem to be a desired win, (in waiting) at all costs.

Either you obey the rules, or you don't..if the rule in place has an element of daftness, you throw it out, in this case there is no record of the rule being ditched for any reason.
Nice smiley faces, and a friendly sounding voice does not cut the mustard.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Yeah, right!....you just don't have/like rules.

In this case, the area in question, does have rules.

Accommodation to that makes the person honourable...anything else is shiite.

edit on 10-5-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Yeah, right!....you just don't have/like rules.

In this case, the area in question, does have rules.

Accommodation to that makes the person honourable...anything else is shiite.

I like rules as much as the next person.

I just don't care how the Republican nor Democrat party pick their candidates because I am not a member of either party. How could anyone care how a club they don't belong to conducts itself internationally?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Buck says he was merely asking Bremer to abide by a committee decision.

From your link
A one liner.
No explanation in the article.
Could it be the Dems are trying to change the rules midstream ?
Time will tell.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

As a republican voter...I say voter fraud is voter fraud, regardless of who does it!

Proof of such doing, knowingly, should result in removal from seat and suspension from running again.

Send him to the gallows!

...and I'm in Colorado!

ETA - What was that about "deaf ears" again?

edit on 5/11/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join