It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A personal view

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenmachine

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Why ? Do you trust tests everytime ? The tests are certainly fallible .

There's some horrible posts on here and the op is right .

Complaining about fear mongering ? snowflakes , this is reality get used to it

Worrying about the economy ? ; in thrall to rich capitalists losing money - try getting the debt written off instead , it's imaginary money anyway

Thegovernments gaining too much powers ? Paranoid , ill informed . This virus is very dangerous , that's what to take from the need for lockdowns.

Doctors calling it bs and getting thrown from windows ? BS . Medics calling lack of PPE and getting thrown from windows . Straighten facts up

On the contrary, this virus is very dangerous to vulnerable people.

Why the fck did they put her in a room surrounded by Covid patients if she tested negative for the virus?

Think about it before judging me.

Gotta agree with you, I really hope OP is mistaken. They threw his aunt in with covid patients after she tested negative? All because her symptoms were similar. WTF? The symptoms of covid are similar with other problems and are not really unique for only the virus. Did they not test her a second time before assuming covid? This thing is so out of control that anyone who makes a post pointing things out is a heartless and everyone who wants to be very cautious a pansy, but there is middle ground. If keeping the lockdown had a resolution, you know a plan, then some of us could be onboard, but it doesn't and it's like kicking the can down the street, then walking to it and kicking it again. Till what? A vaccine 12 months away that may or may not work? Where would we be by then? Honestly what this has done to the psyche of people and the economy scares me more than corona. But I haven't lost anyone close to me because of it and know many have. And as if we didn't have a divide before, the gap got wider. The after effect from this will be felt for quite some time. Best we return life to some sort of semblance of normalcy or at least survival, while that is still an option.

Thank you for understanding my point.

In regards to your point about a widening divide, I think it's very sad that this pandemic is being used for political gain.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You're right about the test it should have been done twice before taking that decision .

But , swine flu was dangerous to vulnerable people , and it killed and made unwell , many more people than it was given credit for in 2011 , 2 years after it started.

During that , governments around the world and the WHO took steps to cover up the pandemic , declaring it over in August of 2010. That was so they could keep schools open and economy running despite a lot of morbidity , and mortality , with concurrent healthcare crises such as in the UK , due to swine flu , but being covered up , not talked about.
People were 99% unaware a known pandemic flu was doing a second round with damage .
So fast forward to today , with that swine flu fiasco in mind , what's the difference in policy now ?
They wouldn't lock down unless it was serious , it's economic suicide and they took steps to avoid doing it last time , when it was probably appropriate at least to shut schools where transmission was identified . Why go through this lockdown hassle this time without there being a serious reason to do it ?
Why would sturgeon ( who was heading the hpa through swine flu in fact ) ...why would sturgeon stand there and say that all she is bothered about at the moment is getting Scotland through this crisis ? The only real answer , given that government is usually beholden to economic growth and is being currently hounded by corporate profitmasters to reopen but holding them back .. the only real answer is because it's serious . They know it's serious , very dangerous , 15% death rate dangerous , and they're acting accordingly. Otherwise , they'd avoid lockdowns , and lockdowns are going on the world over because of Corona . West east, , no difference. All the governments s know it's that bad . How com e all these posters someho know better ? The answer is they don't know better , they wish it was mild , that it was some conspiracy , but this time it's not .

edit on 10-5-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
If this thread is an insight into the human race it's time perhaps we were put down, so.e of you peop l e are really sick individuals...

OP it's tough losing a loved one, awful seeing them unwell like this I hope she recovers. Try not to take on board what some of these people say, they're scared and are projecting it onto you, try and ignore them if you can.

Don't know who you are referring to exactly but can't you have compassion for someone losing a loved one and still question something about it? I don't think everyone who has questions about this and doesn't immediately jump to one side or the other is a sick individual. OP did say she tested negative and they put her in with other covid patients. Also some posters did say that a picture of her at her worst time may have not been the best way to go about it and would indeed receive some emotional responses. And yes a few cruder posts. But the labels being used based on how someone feels about this issue have gotten out of hand. And yes some are scared, some about the virus itself, but more about what it has done to us for years to come.
edit on 10-5-2020 by keenmachine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

My ex caught the swine flu and she went on to have problems for several years. We don't hear anything about that though do we?

I feel that you are judging me as a Covid denier. I'm not.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Exactly , the difference in policy is stark.

Sorry if you got that impression

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: keenmachine

There's a time and place for questioning, it's a matter of courtesy.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There's a time and place for questioning, it's a matter of courtesy.

like a public forum? i feel pretty sure when you post something on a public forum, you know where people discuss things and ask questions, that you don't expect everyone to just offer condolences and nothing else. There is a place for that though, if that is the case. ATS isn't it.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

“That’s like your opinion, man”.....

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

That's right nobody is forcing you to have common courtesy, if you want to be a asshole that is your prerogative .

I'm not aiming that at you personally, it's a general statement.
edit on 10-5-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

I'm so sorry your Aunt is in the hospital. I hope she pulls through. Hugs!

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: KKLOCO
reply to: MrRCflying

She did test negative

So then your a fear mongering liar. Your aunts old — get over it!

Does that make her life worthless? My mother is older, with more issues than her, I am trying my best to protect her. Is she worthless?

What is a life worth?

WTF! You made the situation as if it was Covid related.

Of coarse you aunt and your mom matter.

This was a fear mongering attention grab dude.

Nothing less.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Sorry, man, it always sucks to be powerless when a loved one suffers. I hope she pulls through.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join