It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A personal view

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
~Photo removed by staff over privacy concerns~

This is my aunt.

This is a real person, with a real life.

This is why my family is staying home.

This is why I take all precautions I can when going out.

This is why it is not a good idea to open too fast without a plan.

This is why I get upset when people say the economy is more important.

This is why 70,000 families are grieving in the US.

This is why it cant be all about "me".

This is why it has to be about "us".

This is the face of suffering of your fellow humans.

This is the face of hope.

This is the face of something preventable, if we all do our part.
edit on 5/14/2020 by TheRedneck because: privacy concerns for person pictured.

+9 more 
posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Sorry, but I don't think it is. I will pray for her recovery.

This is a highly contagious virus. I am pretty sure anyone who can get it, will get it.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I agree with you. I said this when I saw the early videos coming out of China.

Unfortunately, I believe all of us will get this virus at some point, if we haven’t already. I pray I’m wrong.

+7 more 
posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I’m sorry your aunts in the hospital. Judging by her age, it was not preventable.

Everyone dies. The lucky ones live to be as old as her.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The new cases coming have been quarantined and still get it. Its futile. And masks don't prevent it...

Just because pundits on the television say something don't believe it, hold a neutral stance. And look into as many media sources as possible and spot any bias. Red flag this news outlet, move on to another.

By eating what they put on a spoon and fly into your mouth you're putting your friends and family at risk. And that's very selfish.

www.medicinenet.com...

+12 more 
posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hate to point out the obvious, but there is an even higher chance your family gets eaten by cannibals if this bs continues.

Recommendations that the weak isolate themselves and society continues to function would be advisable to letting the entire civilization collapse under overreacting mass psychosis.

Secondly, show some proof or get lost. I'm done with the fear mongering bs.

Tests have been proven unreliable, DELIBERATE misclassification of the virus has been admitted BY the gov .

Doctors saying it's bs have been silenced and de-platformed.

Cash in the sum of trilllions has been put up in the air, which will/has created a massive money grab from the states.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Doctors saying it's bs have been silenced and de-platformed.

And thrown out of 3d floor windows.

Nurses too.

+19 more 
posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Full sympathy for your aunt's condition, but you said yourself a few days ago that she did NOT test positive for Covid-19:

Tests were negative.

If that remains the case, why use a personal, sensitive photograph to advance a passionate argument about maintaining the lock-down if the photograph is not related to Covid-19?

Call me old-fashioned, but I find that slightly uncomfortable. However, you are clearly upset, so I again wish your aunt all the best.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

i hope she makes it.
unfortunately you won't be able to reach these people with the picture and your lines. it's not about the virus or those who got sick with it. they don't care about your aunt's fate. they only call themselves 'pro-life' if they can abuse it for their ideology.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that your grandmother is in bad shape. I hope she makes it.

I am not against social distancing, but don't think that we should further destroy our economy because of this disease.

It is very contageous and most of us will get this disease, it is either now later. We are now more prepared to fight this.

A lot of people will die from this disease, but from what I see in nursing homes, there is no stopping the spread of this disease. It sucks but it is reality. The worst part is that your grandma will have to die among strangers. I would not want that myself, that is why I won't go to the hospital if I get sick. That is why I am researching this disease and taking steps to deter it's ability to replicate in my body. I am sixty four, I would rather get this disease now that I am not on any meds and get immunity than when I am five years older and am in worse shape to fight it off.

I do not want to see my offspring lose everything just to protect me from a virus. I did not work all my life and bring them up and help them out to have them lose everything just because they were worried I might possibly get covid 19

Chances is your grandma got the virus from a person who is working in the medical field, I am hoping they get enough tests to test medical workers and am all for the medical workers sheltering in place, and society should respect the loss of freedom of those medical people and try to support them when on and off the job. Evidently there are some home health workers that have spread the disease unknowingly, even though they did not realize they had the illness. I heard someone talking about that happening down in the area where their parents live in Wisconsin. Those home health workers are doing a necessary job sometimes, but sometimes what they are doing is not necessary, that should be a consideration they need to look at. They even had the physical therapy places open here during the lockdown, they were not required to stop anything at first. I just drove by the place last week and the lights were on, but I do not know if there were patients in there. I do know that home health is up and running here though, but the workers have strict social rules.

I know some people who had home health and they cancelled their home health, it was far from necessary.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I am glad the picture made you uncomfortable. That was my point. People need to listen, not be all about "me" and the economy. Real people are being affected, just like my aunt.

She did test negative, but they have her in the Covid ward, every symptom is there. I believe that the test are faulty, or not properly done. It is a smaller hospital, not one in a bigger city with resources.

I am upset, but what upsets me more is the attitude that is becoming more prevalent, of let's just get it over, go back to normal. I want back to normal too, I have not had much of any business since Jan., but I don't want the be the cause of someone elses death because I was not cautious.

From other comments I see, I am loosing faith in humanity. There is no care anymore.

+3 more 
posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My mom had the flu virus, which went into pneumonia. She passed away. That was 8 years ago

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thats always a rough situation RC.

Been there for multiple family members over the years..

I really hope the docs are looking at things like vitamin levels (C, D, Zinc), cytokine management, oxidative stress, etc. They seem to be mostly overlooked (at best) in the medical field in these situations, or treated with things that can cause a cascade of issues themselves.

No matter whats going on, its always good to try to appreciate and cherish every moment we have with those we love.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
My mom had the flu virus, which went into pneumonia. She passed away. That was 8 years ago

Very sorry for your loss. I lost my dad in '18. Loosing a parent is the worst.

Death happens. That does not mean we need to speed it along.

All I am saying, is due what you can to protect others, and yourself.

Pictures are worth a thousand words, and it is a bit shocking, but if that brings one person to say "I am going to be more careful", then it is worth it.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I could download a heartbreaking photo off the internet and claim it's my Nanna.

I call BS. Who do you work for, CNN?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018

I could download a heartbreaking photo off the internet and claim it's my Nanna.

Not sure how I can prove it, it is my aunt. Not much more I can say.

I hate CNN.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
This is a highly contagious virus. I am pretty sure anyone who can get it, will get it.

And a HUGE amount of people WILL NOT EVEN KNOW THEY HAD IT.

People are dying because of the fear, the virus is bad for some but the current oppression is bad for most.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: Jamie2018

Not sure how I can prove it, it is my aunt. Not much more I can say.

I hate CNN.

You have no problem showing "Your Aunt" on her deathbed - I'm sure you must have photos of you and your aunt in better times?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Sorry, but I don't think it is. I will pray for her recovery.

I disagree. The virus can be contained and limited. We would all get it if there was no lockdown. But eventually things need to open. Especially in low virus areas.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to: MrRCflying

She did test negative

So then your a fear mongering liar. Your aunts old — get over it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join