It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee man arrested and charged after escaping from a COVID-19 internment prison.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: keenmachine

Using your logic we should never detain anyone for any reason then. The reality is that we have always detained a small portion of society deemed a threat to the rest of it. What makes them a threat is poor behavior that chances a real risk to the rest of society. His homelessness is only relevant because he doesn't have a house he can be asked to stay in and the government cannot ask him to live in a particular patch of woods or something so he has to stay at a place with proper medical facilities and food.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Wait so in your mind, wanting anyone to remain indoors because they have an airborne infectious disease that has already killed 70k people in our country inside of 2 months means that I want to round up people for public defecation because you insist it is how people are getting hepatitis?!

I'm starting to think this is one of those threads made by chinese bots I keep hearing about.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollslayer

Using your logic we should never detain anyone for any reason then. The reality is that we have always detained a small portion of society deemed a threat to the rest of it. What makes them a threat is poor behavior that chances a real risk to the rest of society. His homelessness is only relevant because he doesn't have a house he can be asked to stay in and the government cannot ask him to live in a particular patch of woods or something so he has to stay at a place with proper medical facilities and food.

Again, look to San Francisco all those homeless and drug addicts with hepatitis , do you think they should be put into "state fairground" to protect everyone else?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Did hepatitis suddenly become a fatal airborne disease that cross the whole globe in a few months and I just missed it?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Did hepatitis suddenly become a fatal airborne disease that cross the whole globe in a few months and I just missed it?

Oh please.

🤡

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Again i ask you where do you draw the line? It seems you are inferring homeless people? So Cuomo and anyone in his situation gets a pass for going outdoors after testing positive for his poor behavior because he has a home he could go to, but chose not to? I will say again as long as people are allowed into Walmarts and grocery stores in fairly large numbers which has been the case all along during lockdown, to think that detaining some homeless people (which people will not go anywhere near especially now)will do anything to the number of cases with any significance is silly. But please answer my questions, as I am curious to how far should the reach be and to who it can apply to and still be ok with you.
edit on 10-5-2020 by keenmachine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

You get that the two diseases arent comparable, right? In the context of internment it would be like comparing petty theft to murder, two different problems that represent different levels of threat to society and thus require different levels of response. It's why we have different classification of laws. If you swap out covid for "felony" and hepatitis for "misdemeanor" it should be easier to grasp.

The point is that we as a species have a long history of identifying the varying levels of threats to society and have only slipped down the internment camp slopes a few times. You are accusing anyone that wants any kind of detainment possible as wanting all kinds of detainment possible. Its intellectually dishonest and just freaking you out enough to see nazis around every corner.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

No I have actively tried to remove the homelessness out of the equation. It is only relevant to this story because the person in question couldn't be asked to return to a house to self monitor and the government cant legally deny care to them or ask them to remain in whatever form of shelter they are living in. I have actually been homeless, I lived out of a tent with my wife for 3 years so dont try to spin this as some sort of antihomlessness angle. I personally think anyone with a deadly disease should remain indoors. If I have covid it wouldnt even occur to me to go out in public because I prioritize the safety of others over my desire to get out of the house. In the case of public officials violating orders, I think they should be punished more severely for not abiding by their own emergency measures.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

No I have actively tried to remove the homelessness out of the equation. It is only relevant to this story because the person in question couldn't be asked to return to a house to self monitor and the government cant legally deny care to them or ask them to remain in whatever form of shelter they are living in. I have actually been homeless, I lived out of a tent with my wife for 3 years so dont try to spin this as some sort of antihomlessness angle. I personally think anyone with a deadly disease should remain indoors. If I have covid it wouldnt even occur to me to go out in public because I prioritize the safety of others over my desire to get out of the house. In the case of public officials violating orders, I think they should be punished more severely for not abiding by their own emergency measures.

Fair enough, as I really wasn't trying to spin it at all and was wondering how these sort of rules would apply and to whom it would apply to, and be ok with some. As I said earlier once you start down this road, you don't really get to say who it applies to, as they will simply see the reaction to this and then move forward how they see fit.
edit on 10-5-2020 by keenmachine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: trollslayer

?

Freaked out, I'm not for locking people up like you are, you are the one coming of like the Gestapo.

You sound like the type who is all for forced immunizations.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You are falsely assuming I believe our policies at Walmart arent a total train wreck. It in actually shouldn't be possible to go inside a store to buy food if it isn't safe to go in a restaurant to order but the fact remains there are too many old people that couldn't adapt and people that would be raising hell if they weren't allowed to wander and shop like everything is normal. 2 of our local groceries had outbreaks in the staff so we know for a fact it's not safe, it's just not easy to switch exclusively to online orders when such a huge portion of the population is unwilling to wear a mask for other people's safety. We had 2 people die on my block from it and their family had guests in their homes within 8 hours so I hold mo illusions that people are going to be able to pull it together to follow any type of quarantine.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
He was arrested for risking the life of other homeless people staying at the fairgrounds. they currently house 3 groups there healthy people that just need food and a place to stay they have set up another area for homeless people who are sick but didnt test positive. And the third group is people that did test positive for the virus but not sick enough to require hospitalization. This man was arrested for leaving the area set up for coronavirus anyone arrested who tests positive will go here as well its a gated area. The original idea was to simply hold them in the jail but they figured overcrowding wold just spread the virus. He was actually endangering other homeless people and residents in the area with his actions. The only restrictions is to the individuals that tested positive they are not allowed into the other two areas and require 2 negative tests to be able to leave. The fairgrounds was considered much safer than the homeless shelters in downtown Nashville.The fairgrounds is about 100 acres consisting of about 20 buildings and a speedway. Worse he has access to doctors while staying there if his case got worse we might have found him dead under a bridge somewhere.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Thank you for being an island of sanity in a sea of "but the nazis are taking muh rights!!!"

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

They really set up the shelter at the fairgrounds after Nashville got hit with a tornado just before the kung-flu got trendy and they just kept it in place. There was a large encampment that got hit by that storm and many of those people went to the shelter then the flu hit and spread fast among them. They test people at both locations and its free for anyone so long as you call ahead. Funny thing is I live in the hottest county in the highest risk area in south Nashville and dont know a single soul who has tested positive or even quarantined.

These tunnels though is something I am interested in as the rumors Ive come to hear usually involve sex trafficking. I went to school with a few girls that were involved in something like that and wound up with alot of emotional problems.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Gotcha. That we haven't caught a break since the tornado huh? It's just been one thing after the next.

As fsr as the tunnels go. I never saw anything related tonsex trafficking. It's entirely possible, but me and my friends used to go hang out in them practically every day.

We were trying to map them out ourselves out of sheer curiousity and boredom.

There's some under the Hume Fogg school that they do a haunted tour in every October.

There's some under Vanderbilt. That's the one where we got chased off by security.

There's one under Printer's Alley.

There's a bunch more. Just can't remember them all.

There's also a bunch of drainage tunnels throughout Nashville. Wouldn't recommend going through them though.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

The Ohio Department of Health has job postings everywhere for "contact tracers". You play detective and find out who the infected came into contact with as far back as two days before the onset of symptoms.

You would then contact those people, place them under a 14-day quarantine and monitor them daily for symptoms. All work is from home, with equipment provided by the State of Ohio. You then report your findings to a Supervisor, who probably then reports to the Gestapo(Governor Dewine).

I bet they get extra toilet paper for reporting their findings.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

I bet they get better ppe than the resturant and store clerks will be getting from their bosses.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

The Ohio Department of Health has job postings everywhere for "contact tracers". You play detective and find out who the infected came into contact with as far back as two days before the onset of symptoms.

You would then contact those people, place them under a 14-day quarantine and monitor them daily for symptoms. All work is from home, with equipment provided by the State of Ohio. You then report your findings to a Supervisor, who probably then reports to the Gestapo(Governor Dewine).

I bet they get extra toilet paper for reporting their findings.

Sounds a lot like Beholder 2.

store.steampowered.com...

edit on 1152020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Sheep? You based on your own musings have discounted the entire article. Why? Because this reality would be to much to accept for you?

a reply to: Allaroundyou

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join