It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee man arrested and charged after escaping from a COVID-19 internment prison.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Think this is click bait?

I wish it was.

This is the actual headline which in my opinion greatly diminishes and reduces the severity of the issue:

COVID-19 patient arrested after leaving fairgrounds quarantine, court records show.

The actual details are no less creepy and tyrannical:

A coronavirus patient was arrested Thursday after prosecutors said he jumped a fence and fled the Nashville Fairgrounds, where health officials are using enforceable quarantines in an attempt to control an outbreak at an emergency homeless shelter.

"enforceable quarantines".

Stop. Just stop.

This is beyond Martial Law. These are internment prisons.

DO NOT try to justify this by saying its just for the homeless. Theres no clear evidence of that.

Nearly EVERY single violation of Constitutional rights begins with a demonized group before its rolled out to everyone else.

The Tennessean is not naming the man to protect his privacy and because the charge is a misdemeanor.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. His privacy. That would be a first.

Not so we could actually find this man and ask him WTF he witnessed.

Considering the fact that a concentration prison has been set up without much publicity.

Health officials told the man he could not leave until he was cleared, but on Thursday he jumped a fence and headed north on Nolensville Road

Sounds pleasant.

Brian Todd, spokesman for the Metro Health Department, said that law empowers police to arrest anyone who violates an infectious disease quarantine.

What LAW??? What power? GTFO

Now the health department is running things, giving orders? A bunch of bureaucrats???

Dr. Alex Jahangir, chairman of the city’s coronavirus task force...

“Everyone is entitled to come and go as they want, typically, but in the fairgrounds situation we wanted to make sure that people who are positive stayed in the ill parts of the shelter — period,” Jahangir said.

Period.

The bureaucrats and public servants/tyrants have spoken.

PER-I-OD.

edit on 10-5-2020 by gladtobehere because: typo

+12 more 
posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Now inevitably the camp will up their security to prevent future escapes and become even more like a prison.

Sadly, there are a lot of people who would support this tyrannical crap. All because they are terrified.

+15 more 
posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

A lot of those people are right here on ATS. Just look back to the first threads on Coronavirus. Pretty ridiculous that the majority of ATS supports this type of tyrannical rule.

+4 more 
posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I know. I made a thread out of just a few of the tyrannical loving things being said here on ATS. I'm sure many would support quarantine camps right up until they are forced into one.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I find this hard to believe. This story may be true to some extent but I think it is manipulated in some fashion.

I have gone through two different tests and both show I have this crap. My doctor told me on Thursday that I still shouldn’t leave my house unless I absolutely have to until I can go a week without.....well ya.
But in no way am I being forced to stay.
So I’m going with this story is just some reporters going for some clickbait.

And you fell for it...
Sheep

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

reply to: gladtobehere

Tennessee man escapes from a COVID-19 internment prison

Tennessee Representative co-sponsored a bill which aimed to create temporary FEMA camps

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
From what I've read this is a legitimate use of quarantine authority, not the illegal lock-down the rest of us have been under.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Now inevitably the camp will up their security to prevent future escapes and become even more like a prison.

Sadly, there are a lot of people who would support this tyrannical crap. All because they are terrified.

I bet Whitmer, Cuomo, Newsom and Murphy are mad at themselves for not thinking of this first! Especially Whitmer and Newsom, this behavior is exactly the kind of power grab that gives them great joy and satisfaction. I imagine now that it has been brought to their attention as something that possibly really happened and something they could get away with it, they'll have the health department create them for "safety measures".

I'm sure many on ATS and many in California, New Jersey, Michigan, and Wisconsin would applaud and welcome this kind of protection from a virus with now proven 0.074% kill rate. www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 5/10/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ok...
So, the govt tries to come up with a way to isolate people who are testing positive to the virus instead of sending them back to their families or in this case, back onto the streets and they are internment camps in your opinion.
Do you also consider a hospital bed and internment camp?
Because I do believe they would be probably be wanting to press charges if someone just walked out of the hospital knowing that they were in a quarentined area with a contagious disease ... I think they did with a tb patient once. Would you feel differently if it was a polio outbreak, tb, or ebola, or any other dangerous contagious disease and not what you believe is just a democratic contrived hoax to destroy your dear president... which sounds insane quite frankly, but wth.
By denying them the power to enforce this quarentine, you are denying them the power to enforce any quarentine... you are saying, ya, let the ebola patient wander around in your supermarket till he drops dead if that is what he wants.
But, maybe you should be asking this.... why are they treating the homeless like this.... so badly that you would refer to it as an internment camp, while there are so many healthcare workers treating covid patients worried out of their minds that they might be bringing it home to their families... many who dont have any alternative?
But, ya.. we dont need no testing, the White House does, but we dont. And, I notice that when those from the White House go anywhere, like the mask factory, everyone is wearing a mask but them... oh ya protect the white house staff... not that they will return the kindness to you.
Just let the virus go through the population unhindered by any attempts to control it, right? Screw the idea of staying at home..(which, I agree, isnt a long term solution by the way), or social distancing, or wearing mask, or insisting that businesses adapt their businesses for safety reasons, and no, we wont take that vaccine if it ever manifests, we just arent buying any of it!!
Just open up the country and let pure unadulterated nature solve our problem... by killing off a bunch of people.
Yaaaaaaaa.... sounds like a great plan.....if one wants martial law and your fema camps filled with those infected with the virus when they entirely lose control of the problem, dont have the hospital capacity, the staff, the drugs or equipment and supplies to meet the needs and just want to remove the problem from their sight! Out of sight, out of mind... have you seen jane lately? I haven't seen or heard from her since last week when they came and dragged her off the assembly line.. anyone know what happened to jane??

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: provocateur

That's a great video for a refresher on the kinds of things going on in the shadows (matters not that it is from years ago, still relevant). Even if not to the specific degree in the video, nefarious things that do not support the common welfare and freedoms of citizens are happening.

Notice how when questioned, the guy starts deflecting by talking about conspiracies of green monsters from space to try and rubbish any and all questioning. It's a tactic used by government shills quite often from what I've seen in the past.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is no longer MIM's Street Talk

1. Trackers in America will be wearing these.

2. All military personal and their dependents will be wearing these.

3. You will be restricted to your State that you live in. Will need papers to travel outside your State and area.

4. Your freedom to do almost anything will only be a privilege if and when govt. officials say so.

5. Cities will become open door prisons. Landlords collecting rent will be a thing of the past. ( there is a reason why I'm saying this.

6. Passports will longer be issued to "ordinary citizens". ( Step one is in place now: No new passports are being issued ) Stated by the US Embassy in Japan

7. If you haven't left America by now to live in New Zealand or Australia, it may be just too late.

8. Notice the cancelled departures: www.airport-narita.com...

9. Notice the cancelled arrivals : www.airport-narita.com...

MIM's "Street Talk" has been panning out for the most part. I didn't keep a log of them, but if I time this month, I'll try to post the "street talks" and you can judge for yourself.

10. I want you all to know this and take this serious: You will be given a " release of lock down", but the hidden agenda behind it is this: it will cause more infections and then with that a more severe lock down will take place and it will continue till the above MIM's Street Talks come into place.

11. The mentally unfit ( mental actions that are deviate ) you won't be seeing to many of them moving around freely. Don't believe me, I don't care. If you are one of them in Taiwan or Hong Kong, well... it's only street talk at moment so I don't have proof other then what the Chinese have been reporting on limited language exchange chat rooms.

12. If you can, leave the fkn big cities while you have a chance. Summer is coming up. Please read # 10 again. Then you understand where I'm coming from.

13. Who'd ever think in January, America would see 40 million people without a paycheck.

14. There is a spider web trap awaiting all of us. I've been mentioning a " 3 year of uncertainty" , I believe it will fall within that time period. As of now, I don't even think I can board a plane to leave Japan. But then again, it doesn't matter to me anymore.

Keep your guns people, don't let anyone take them away from you.

I heard that in Michigan you can't buy garden seeds ? Is that true?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
So now ATS has an issue with people being forced into camps due to "good of the population?"

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The OP ha sensationalized this story quite a bit.
I drive right by the fairgrounds on a daily basis to get to work, its no prison at all but a half way completed MLS stadium they set up for the homeless populations to use as a field hospital and shelter. There is no barbed wire fence but they do use the basic construction barrier fencing that was already there. The property also has our speedway race track and it used to be home of the long time running flea market, both organizations are in a lawsuit with the soccer group the way they forced themselves into the area but thats another story.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Whitmer is building a Covid-19 taskforce to monitor people who have the virus and who they come in contact with so the can quarantine them . Lets just name it the snitch force .

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Stop. Just stop.

This is beyond Martial Law. These are internment prisons.

DO NOT try to justify this by saying its just for the homeless. Theres no clear evidence of that.

Nearly EVERY single violation of Constitutional rights begins with a demonized group before its rolled out to everyone else.

Ahem.

Section 361 of the Public Health Service Act grants the Surgeon General the power (since delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC]) to apprehend, detain, or issue a conditional release for the purpose of preventing the introduction into the country, or the spread across state lines, of a quarantinable disease, as designated by executive order...

Despite their breadth, the federal and state quarantine powers are subject to important constitutional limitations.2 First, as Jew Ho affirmed, quarantines cannot be imposed in a racially invidious manner. Second, governments must have a strong basis for the restrictions. Looking to case law regarding civil commitment, many scholars and some lower courts have concluded that isolation and quarantine are constitutional only when the government can show by clear and compelling evidence that they are the least restrictive means of protecting the public’s health.

www.nejm.org...

So feel free to sue if you think constitutional rights have been violated here.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

i thought this was an onion story.
wow!

i don't even know what to say.

it's pretty sad. has the governor had a press release yet?
this could be an opportunity to calm the state down and maintain order. or it could erupt into something awful.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

"good of the population?"

Good is relative.
Is this good. Instagram Post

Protect, enslave, in love -Pinback

edit on 10-5-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You all shoud read about H.R. 6666.

After this one.

actionnetwork.org...

www.congress.gov...
edit on 10-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Oh, you wanna sue them?
So sorry we're closed for covid.

We need a military tribunal to string up the politicians orchestrating this chaos.
Bankers, politicians and corporations running this country is bad news bears.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

But when are we going to get to use the liners!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join