It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed vigilante mob shows up at home looking for teenager

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   
After hearing about stories like this, I start wondering if the media is trying to stir up a race war or if's it's just things coming to light more and citizens standing up for their rights and fighting back against bias, ignorance, bigotry and just plain stupidity.

A white sheriff’s deputy in North Carolina is facing criminal charges after allegedly leading an armed mob to the home of a black teenager and trying to force their way inside as part of a botched vigilante mission.

New Hanover & Pender County District Attorney Ben David on Friday announced the charges against Jordan Kita, a New Hanover Sheriff’s Office detention officer accused of wearing his uniform while leading the group of people—one of whom was allegedly packing an AR-15—to confront a high school student at his home. Kita has since been fired from the sheriff's office.

This happened in North Carolina. The armed mob was trying to force their way into a home they assumed the person they were looking for lived. It's a good thing the teenager's mother was home because the outcome might have been very different.

Sheriff's deputy charged

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma
Wow!! things could've definitely gone, South, so was the uniformed guy actually a cop?? ..and what's the story behind his missing daughter??
Yeah I hope punishment is involved at some point this can't allowed to be common place..enough already.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
That's some serious mass stupidity going vigilante outside the wrong persons home. Glad the mother was home as it could easily have ended in murder.

I don't see how the media are sparking a race war, the headlines cover pure facts and the story is so backwards that they don't need to embellish or add anything, it ticks all the racist cliches and connotations disturbingly well.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Make sure youre armed and trained.

Never know when you'll need to defend yourself.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
First things first. Well done mom. you have the bravery of a bear, and the motherly proclivity to be one.

Now... had that been me? well, the morgue would be occupied, and I'd be in prison.

damn crap like that. damn it.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

I don't see how the media are sparking a race war, the headlines cover pure facts and the story is so backwards that they don't need to embellish or add anything, it ticks all the racist cliches and connotations disturbingly well.

The article mentions race, aren't we all the same, the human race?

I don't think incidents like this are happening more often, i just think with social media, rather the interwebz, has made us more aware of these situations due to info being able to be spread instantly.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The next time someone says, "Why would a private citizen need a scary looking 'assault' rifle?" show them this story.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kimish
The article mentions race, aren't we all the same, the human race?

Language is a funny thing where meaning of a word often depends on the context. And I am sure the article did not mean human race.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

The uniformed guy was a sheriff's deputy but he was not on the job nor was he in his jurisdiction. He led a band of armed civilians and trespassed at that house with the intent of entering the home.

The girl they were looking for was actually someone who ran away from home.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So much for Social distancing.
I bet they did not have masks on to!

that cop should go to jail,
for inciting a armed mob.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The funny part is them demanding to be let in.

"who dafuq is you!!" to demand anything! That sheriff got fired. Good. And she's bring up a civil lawsuit up against them. Good again.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
a reply to: Spider879

The uniformed guy was a sheriff's deputy but he was not on the job nor was he in his jurisdiction. He led a band of armed civilians and trespassed at that house with the intent of entering the home.

The girl they were looking for was actually someone who ran away from home.

Holy cow.... thats really nuts!

I had similar happen but it was on duty cops. They surrounded my house and had guns out. It scared my youngest kid when they were looking in the windows so I went out my back door with my dog and yelled WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY YARD!? These morons told me they were looking for the girl who called 911 and hung up. I said no one here called 911. Apparently they had a cell at a hotel near my house that called 911 and a woman was screaming into the phone and hung up. They looked at the GPS thing they apparently have and it showed "around" my address.
Funny thing is a live in a large historic home in the middle of a neighborhood... but they chose MY house to surround with weapons out and peeped in my windows like creepers. Im armed, husband is a former marine and combat vet.... it could have gotten real ugly real fast. They were acting like hardasses.. good thing I have restraint .

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Another race baiting thread.

Do you have a problem with white people?

theredelephants.com...

That's nutz.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Nope. Not at all. Just social injustices and civil issues.

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I can't wait for you to make this thread then.

theredelephants.com...

Since it's a social injustice.
edit on 10-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I'll let you do it since you have a head start.

We all have free will on here.

Don't let it stop you.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I don't make race baiting threads.

It's a topic I have nothing, but contempt for.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

It's only race baiting if you are baited by it. All in the mind, I tell you.

It's social injustice to me if justice was not served initially but only after further investigation.

Two totally different things.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So why were they there in the first place?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

It's social injustice to refer to people by their skin color.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join