It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla prepared to move out of California amid fight over factory shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I would have packed my bags several years ago and got to heck out of California. The once great state has turned into something that would not be recognizable to anyone who was doing business there in the 70s or 80s. With their sanctuary status cities and the tax schemes they now have in place why would anyone want to do business there ?

Elon Musk tweeted on Saturday that he is going to sue Alameda County and move future operations out of California after a dispute over whether the company can reopen its factory there.
Musk has been clashing with regulators over local shelter-in-place orders meant to slow the spread of Covid-19.

Unlike other automakers, Tesla’s employees are not part of a union, so it would be easier for the company to significantly alter its operations.

No Kidding !

He also claimed that: “Tesla knows far more about what needs to be done to be safe through our Tesla China factory experience than an (unelected) interim junior official in Alameda County.”

He does have a way with words, no ? hahah
www.cnbc.com...

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Careful Elon, California is one of your biggest markets in the US.

Piss off California and you might find that the laws that prevent you from direct sales of your cars in other states, all of a sudden get passed in California as well.

Not to mention your solar tile roof business.

And maybe SpaceX runs into a bit of regulatory difficulty, as well.

Oh? You think you can compensate for your losses by cozying up to China?

Look how well that has played out for the supply chains of other US industries.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Good for Elon. Cali will cave.. He also has really deep pockets if cali wants to go to court, Frankly he should of left there a few years ago.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Poor Elon , can't have it his own was so he's throwing his Billionaire toys out of the pram , X Æ A-12 Musk has a fine role model.
I wonder if Tesla shareholders will agree to the proposed move.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
Careful Elon, California is one of your biggest markets in the US.

Piss off California and you might find that the laws that prevent you from direct sales of your cars in other states, all of a sudden get passed in California as well.

Or... Trump signs a new law into effect preventing this kind of ridiculous nonsense in the first place, since it is a direct infringelemnt on Musk's Right to sell his cars to anyone who wants one. It is fully within the purview of Congress' power to regulate inter-state trade.

Not to mention your solar tile roof business.

Same thing...

And maybe SpaceX runs into a bit of regulatory difficulty, as well.

Private Space Exploration efforts is an interesting issue I've thought about many times...

Oh? You think you can compensate for your losses by cozying up to China?

Didn't sound like cozying up to me, just simple fact of life. He built a factgory in China to sell cars in China... so what? It isn't like he's talking about moving all of his factories there, just the one selling in China. Makes perfect sense to me.

Look how well that has played out for the supply chains of other US industries.

Again, you are confusing a single factory with the wholesale movement of all manufacturing. He isn't doing that.

Try again.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A lot of tech companies are slowly moving out of CA. They've driven the cost of living and doing business to unsustainable levels.

The only reason a lot of these tech companies are in CA is because of the venture capital industry (i.e., Sandhill Road which is basically Wall Street for VC on the west coast). They get their initial investments there and the early investors want them nearby.

CA is a beautiful state but liberals have absolutely ruined it.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

That might be half of Elon's problem, California is so far removed from the rest of the states, that maybe moving it to a cash strapped previous car state, could boister popularity, not just in jobs but in culture too...

As the rest of the nation, starts to see it as something the rest of us can use too... ( not that we already do, but the tech types use it now, its all about brand awareness )

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar
he's welcome to build a new factory in Kansa a right to work state.

join