It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump throws full blown tantrum over GOP ad criticizing coronavirus response

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
apple.news...

I was reading an article in Vanity Fair magazine regarding a PAC called The Lincoln Project, who did an ad on Fox Attacking Trump’s response to the coronavirus pandemic. The PAC is anti Trump, but are Republicans and conservatives.

Apparently Trump threw a hissy fit, tweeting into the early morning hours. God forbid there should be any freedom of speech for someone who doesn’t agree with Trump. I find the whole thing amusing that Republicans are starting to come out and calling out Trump on his bs.

So here I sit, wearing my Kevlar, because I’m one of those damn liberals, and from what I see on this forum and most of the others on this site, there are few if any liberals flinging the mud. Well, here I am, have at it! Tell me what you think if any of you have seen the ad.

+20 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Title of that article seems a bit misleading.

I read the links they posted to his tweets, just looks like normal trump type "counterpunch" response.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

He did send out angry tweets again, so no, I don’t think the title of the article is overblown.

+18 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I read them again, I don't see how they are "angry".

+36 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Seriously? A tantrum?

It would be news if DJT wasn't tweeting in the wee hours.

First of all, this Pac is only about 6 months old, and they have very few members, aside from faux republicans and rinos.

Second of all, their mission statement is to ensure Trump is not reelected. If they are real conservatives/Republicans, what is their alternative? Creepy uncle Joe? How could that, in any way, advance conservative or constitutional values?

Seems like a case of hate overriding common sense to me.

+11 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Samo samo we hate Trump and will obstruct any way we can because we are losers and mad and it's not fair and I hate you aaaand .....leave me alone.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Ahh, here we go calling any Republicans who are against Trump RINO’s. Nope. Most of these people are more conservative than your average Republican. I have a friend who supports groups like this. They are very passionate and have seen the damage that Trump has done to this country. To me, anyone is better than Trump.

I’m happy to see that there are some Republicans out there that have some sense.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The PAC is anti Trump, but are Republicans and conservatives.

One of those conservative Republican"Never Trumpers" is none other than Kellyanne Conway's husband, George Conway.

“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And your point is? Yeah, I know that. I know that he is a conservative Republican who doesn’t like Trump. And his wife is a total whack job. I think he’s the one with the brains in that family.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Seems and counterproductive to make the POTUS who's is backed by the GOP an enemy when you are surviving on Republican money.

Meh, let em have at it.

Just burn it all down already.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

My point is the fact that this nemesis of Trump's, The Lincoln Project, is run by the husband of one of his staff members, and that gets under his skin, and he tweets about it. He tweets about how Kellyanne must somehow abuse her husband, to make him such a loser. It bothers Kellyanne too, when TV talking heads ask her about it.

That's part of the Lincoln Project's agenda...to get under Trump's skin, to roil him up.

That's my point, which supports the suggestion that Trump was indeed angry and sending angry tweets.

edit on 9-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Ahh, here we go calling any Republicans who are against Trump RINO’s. Nope. Most of these people are more conservative than your average Republican. I have a friend who supports groups like this. They are very passionate and have seen the damage that Trump has done to this country. To me, anyone is better than Trump.

I’m happy to see that there are some Republicans out there that have some sense.

I didn't make up the rino thing. It was part of the wiki on the PAC.

Tell me what "sense" it makes to elect Biden. It's a binary choice here. I understand that ppls principles may differ, but standing on "principle", while electing a leftist progressive is cutting off your nose, to spite your face.

Here is your choice, Trump/Biden. Who are YOU voting for? There are zero other viable options.

If you say Biden, you are niether conservative, nor a constitutionalist.

Do you disagree with that simple premise?

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The PAC is anti Trump, but are Republicans and conservatives.

One of those conservative Republican"Never Trumpers" is none other than Kellyanne Conway's husband, George Conway.

“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I saw that about Conway....LMAO.....

I bet that dude hasn't gotten any since the inauguration......

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

LOL

Palace intrigue! Someday, this whole thing is going to make a great TV series!

+7 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Thiis only proves that both sides, at lease partly, are going after Trump. I say keep it up Mr, President, you are doing something right.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Where's the problem? They say what they will... Trump says what he will... others say what they will... this person says that and that person says this... and so it goes.... and goes... and goes...

Free speech for all!!! Yay!!!

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Please stay on subject. I’m not talking about Biden here in this thread. Start a new thread if you want to complain about Biden.

And it is none of your business who I am voting for.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Please stay on subject. I’m not talking about Biden here in this thread. Start a new thread if you want to complain about Biden.

And it is none of your business who I am voting for.

I did not change the subject. I was pointing out the flawed thinking of any conservative that would prefer Trump not be reelected, because of the alternative.

As to who you personally vote for, I couldn't care less, and you are right. It isn't my business. I was trying to impress upon ppl the reality of the situation. I apologize for the capitalization.

Can you answer the question about what sense it makes for a conservative to actively block the reelection of the sitting Republican candidate?

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Is Romney apart of it? . There are Republican never Trumpers. McCain was one. I would just like to know how they think he handled it wrong, you know hindsight being 20/20.

I am sure that being kept at home in their basements they have come up with a variety of ways to have handled it. But one thing is for sure, they have no idea how to proceed. I mean could you imagine the idiocy of trying to blame a Global Pandemic on one person? It's almost as if there are people out there dumb enough to actually believe it. But I doubt that, I don't really believe people are that stupid, but I do believe they are that disingenuous.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
There are dirty, corrupt Republicans/Conservatives who are being damaged by the "swamp draining" process too.

Money trumps party allegiance...on both sides. That's the way of the world.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join