It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona: Muslim Students Threaten To Kill Professor for Suggesting Islam Is Violent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Here is a good one. Offended Islamic students get mad that there were quiz questions that brought to light that there is violence in Islam (really) and of course to prove that he is wrong they threaten to kill him and burn down the school on public social media. Now the school wants him to read some apology speech they wrote for him.

What a load of BS. Those fools simply prove his point and of course the school is doing nothing but cowering and attempting to appease the violet offended.

pjmedia.com...

Nicholas Damask, Ph.D., has taught political science at Scottsdale Community College in Arizona for 24 years. But now he is facing a barrage of threats, and his family, including his 9-year-old grandson and 85-year-old parents, is in hiding, while College officials are demanding that he apologize – all for the crime of speaking the truth about the motivating ideology behind the threat of Islamic jihad worldwide.

College officials took no public notice of the fact, but the posts on its Instagram page discussing the incident had begun to fill up with threats against Damask, including these statements: “if he is still around I suggest the students take action to make sure he isn’t”; “drop the professor’s address I just wanna talk”; “what’s the instructor’s name and address, I just want to say ‘hi’”; “I wish everything bad on these kuffar” [unbelievers]; “I hope he suffers.”

According to Damask, “there are literally hundreds of posts like this. There have been death threats, at least one call for a school shooting, and at least one call to burn down the school. Again, all of these threats are still on the College’s Instagram page.”

edit on 9-5-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Seems counter productive on the students part. Like you said they are basically proving him right. Also they threaten him and the school wants him to give an apology speech? Absolutely ridiculous. Not all Muslims are violent, but it is historically present in that culture violence is prevalent and that goes the some for pretty much for all societies and cultures. Getting really sick and tired of people being offended by every little thing, and using it as an excuse for either their bad behavior or actions. The professor didn't do anything wrong imo and if it was me they definitely would not be receiving any apology.

+8 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Clearly the irony has escaped them. Sad state of affairs when people get offended by facts.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Katatonik
Seems counter productive on the students part. Like you said they are basically proving him right. Also they threaten him and the school wants him to give an apology speech? Absolutely ridiculous. Not all Muslims are violent, but it is historically present in that culture violence is prevalent and that goes the some for pretty much for all societies and cultures. Getting really sick and tired of people being offended by every little thing, and using it as an excuse for either their bad behavior or actions. The professor didn't do anything wrong imo and if it was me they definitely would not be receiving any apology.

It is a bit counter productive, isn't it?? Silly children, proving his point without him having to do a thing.

Apology? Hell no. Let 'em fire him, actually after 25 years he's likely got tons of tenure...they probably can't.

Most Muslims aren't violent. Thought I'd throw that minor correction out there... Is it Islam that's violent, or the culture where it originated?? It's a quibble, but a valid one, I think.

+8 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Maybe they can go to a place that is more palatable to their barbaric 6th century beliefs.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Isn’t that like saying, “If anyone tells me to go to anger management class, I’m gonna punch them!”

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Thought I'd throw that minor correction out there... Is it Islam that's violent, or the culture where it originated?? It's a quibble, but a valid one, I think.

Pretty certain it is the religion and not the region, after all, wherever you go, if Islam is present so is hate.

From the middle east to Indonesia, from Yorkshire to South Africa.

There is no peaceful Islamic region not under control of Islam.

Once under Islamic control of course things change...because everyone is muslim by that point.

Facts shouldn't hurt.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Not so much the regions it's in today...though I submit that Muslims in the US are, as a whole, not all that violent a bunch. Not in my experience, anyway.

But when Islam was founded, the region was beset, as it is now, with all manner of violence.

Many of the regions that Islam is prevalent have been, and are, also beset with varying degrees of violence, both before Islam, and after.

Is it the religion, or is it the folks interpreting said religion. After all, and yes, this is most definitively a "what about'ism"...

Many horrific deeds have been done in the name of the Prince of Peace, too.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

All religons BEGAN as different pieces of The Armor Of God.

Consider this.

Consider what The Armor Of God was being used to PROTECT AND PRESERVE IN ITS ORIGINAL NON-BASTARDISED STATE.

Any ClergyPerson of any Doctrine can legitimately an in a concrete manner provide doctrinal evidences and proofs of this fact that all denominations by their proxy origin espouse the use of doctrinally managed violence in the very name of the word and projected as The Armor Of God.

The Students simply need to mature and remember why they are students...they are still learning and must be more patient.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I am in no way whatsoever defending the actions of these students or the college's response. The college needs to grow a spine and condemn the actions of the students and take the appropriate disciplinary actions. The students are complaining about the wrong thing.

Looking at the questions at issue:

Professor Damask’s troubles began during the current Spring semester, when a student took exception to three quiz questions. The questions were:

Who do terrorists strive to emulate? A. Mohammed

Where is terrorism encouraged in Islamic doctrine and law? A. The Medina verses [i.e., the portion of the Qur’an traditionally understood as having been revealed later in Muhammad’s prophetic career]

Terrorism is _______ in Islam. A. justified within the context of jihad

The first question is just plain ridiculous. The IRA were called terrorists, were they trying to emulate Mohammed? What about the French Resistance during World War 2? We hear a lot about "homegrown terrorists", are they trying to emulate Mohammed?

Even if you limit the question and ask, "Who are Islamic terrorists trying to emulate?" an answer of "Mohammed" still couldn't be considered correct. There is no way to know who a terrorist is trying to emulate unless you ask them.

For the second question, while the answer may be correct, I'm sure every religion has their justifications for violence and murder. Certainly every Abrahamic religion does, in spite of that pesky "Thou shall not kill" commandment. I don't think it's really fair to single out Islam for their acts of murder, terrorism, and torture when Christians and Jews are just as bad or worse.

As for the third question, well, yeah, of course. Jihad is Holy War, sanctioned by God. So anything goes, God forgives you, right? No different than the Crusades, or the Inquisition, or the Salem Witch trials, or the American Indian Genocide. If you're doing God's work, then all atrocities are forgiven, I suppose. God must be too busy these days to do His own smiting.

Something I read decades ago that has always stuck with me, "Terrorist is what a big army calls a little army." When an army defeats another army, they don't like it when some people don't surrender. Those "terrorists" or "resistance" or "freedom fighters" or "guerrillas" or "saboteurs" or whatever you want to call them can't meet the enemy on the battlefield, so they just fight any way they can.

I guess my point is that while we are conditioned to think of being a "terrorist" as a bad thing, it's really a matter of perspective. We thought of Vietnamese guerrillas as terrorists, but they saw themselves as freedom fighters. The thing is if we hadn't invaded their country and started killing people, those "terrorists" would never have existed. If China or Russia invaded and occupied the United States, I'd be a "terrorist" and proud of it.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Not so much the regions it's in today...though I submit that Muslims in the US are, as a whole, not all that violent a bunch. Not in my experience, anyway.

But when Islam was founded, the region was beset, as it is now, with all manner of violence.

Many of the regions that Islam is prevalent have been, and are, also beset with varying degrees of violence, both before Islam, and after.

Is it the religion, or is it the folks interpreting said religion. After all, and yes, this is most definitively a "what about'ism"...

edit on 9-5-2020 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

It was a religion indeed "born of fire" and a reaction against the upcoming "Christianity", that was sweeping the region at the time. The thing about all that is, of course, that whereas "Christianity" (and I use " " to acknowledge the fact that Christianity has as many versions as we have pop songs, from orthodox to unorthodox to antiorthodox and beyond) had its renaissance and reformation Islam has long been begging for its own reformation.

Until it has that at least there will never be peace on Earth with muslims between themselves or others, however lapsed they are.

It is forbidden to the very core of their being, like those weird religions on Star Trek.

edit on 9-5-2020 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Only in the UK.....Oh, hang on a minute.

Seriously, doesn't matter where things like this happen they have to be exposed.
Its abolutely ridiculous that this man has been made to suffer in such a way.

That an academic body can so blatantly pander to PC dictates and minority sensitivities is appalling and shames the fundamental principles of Higher Education.
Due process hasn't been followed and he;s been denied any opportunity to defend himself and his actions - surely that is against the law?
His 'apology' was written for him - again, I'm no lawyer but I'd question the legality of that.

And lastly; what exactly was wrong with the three questions?
Surely they are legitimate questions that anyone studying that subject would expect to know the answer to....they can hardly be denied by anyone.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: seagull

It was a religion indeed "born of fire" and a reaction against the upcoming "Christianity", that was sweeping the region at the time. The thing about all that is, of course, that whereas "Christianity" (and I use " " to acknowledge the fact that Christianity has as many versions as we have pop songs, from orthodox to unorthodox to antiorthodox and beyond) had its renaissance and reformation Islam has long been begging for its own reformation.

Until it has that at least there will never be peace on Earth with muslims between themselves or others, however lapsed they are.

It is forbidden to the very core of their being, like those weird religions on Star Trek.

All religons are the same for they all have the same origin.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Is it the religion, or is it the folks interpreting said religion.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! Bob, tell them what they have won.

From the little I know of the Islamic writings, most are situational. The religion itself seems peaceful, but it can be easily be twisted otherwise. I don't claim to be any kind of expert on Islam, so if someone here is, feel free to correct me.

All religions, though, can be twisted, Christianity has been used for some pretty heinous acts by those who did not understand the base tenets. Wisdom cannot be taught to those who do not possess it already. So much of the blame has to go to the people who are interpreting the religion. After all, to threaten violence in an attempt to prove non-violence is certainly not what I would in any way consider "wise." "Foolish" would be a more apt descriptor.

By the way, since when did a school allow those who threaten it to continue attending? Back in my day, that was considered a bad thing and would get on'e happy little butt tossed out on the street without questions. Now we have to apologize to the idiots wanting to commit violence? For what?

Here's your apology: "I truly apologize for my statement. In making it, I was unaware that the offended parties had so little intelligence as to attempt to use threats of violence as proof of non-violence. I am truly sorry for the mental challenges they obviously face and wish them peace."

TheRedneck

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I agree up to a point but here:

Something I read decades ago that has always stuck with me, "Terrorist is what a big army calls a little army." When an army defeats another army, they don't like it when some people don't surrender. Those "terrorists" or "resistance" or "freedom fighters" or "guerrillas" or "saboteurs" or whatever you want to call them can't meet the enemy on the battlefield, so they just fight any way they can.

I guess my point is that while we are conditioned to think of being a "terrorist" as a bad thing, it's really a matter of perspective. We thought of Vietnamese guerrillas as terrorists, but they saw themselves as freedom fighters. The thing is if we hadn't invaded their country and started killing people, those "terrorists" would never have existed. If China or Russia invaded and occupied the United States, I'd be a "terrorist" and proud of it.

We have to disagree. Terrorists are only the smaller army in a country they don't already run. No terrorists in the UK really except the Irish republicans who want Ireland to be united. In the USA it is essentially the same, who are the terrorists in the US? Surely not the ones running the country. And yet, in countries such as Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, the whole of the middle East, particularly as well Pakistan, these are Islamic countries, but still massively beset by terrorist violence.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I'm no college swat or expert - I was kicked out of school without a single qualification, nothing to be proud of just a fact - but I think its reasonable to assume that the questions would have been on course material taught during that semester.

As the questions were sourced to reading material I suspect that Islamic terrorism or sometihng very similar was the module topic being taught and as such the questions were relevant, reasonable and correct.

If the student was so sensitive about the subject why did he enrol on the course?

The 'one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter' debate is hardly relevant in this situation.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So, an equal amount of people or more should be barraging the school with complaints about how ridiculous it is, and complaining that the school isn't supporting it's staff and is reinforcing BS.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Now the school wants him to read some apology speech they wrote for him.

At first I thought you meant they wanted the student to apologize for threatening the teacher and I was like that seems pretty reasonable... then I read the article and proceeded to facepalm myself. This is a new level of insanity I don't think my brain was ready for. I'd like to know exactly what he said, because I get the feeling he was just giving the students facts about terrorism and Islam, and didn't expect anyone to have a tantrum.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ever Doctrinal story on Earth has been protected using death and violence....out of need not choice....ORIGINALLY OUT OF NEED NOT CHOICE....however with each different star in the constellation which rippled forth from the One True Humanitarian History which begat them all there came a Rubicon to be reackoned with....an evolution of shared knowledge fostering a NATURAL COAGULATION OF ALL DOCTRINES GLOBALLY......or Macro/Micro-Managed Suppression and bastardisation and destruction of Knowledge which was a Birthright of the Masses. A choice had to be made before this Rubicon was passed by each and very group.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Once he sues the crap out of the school he should make the next pop quiz about how Islam treats women and homosexuals.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join