It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finland the happiest country?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Here it comes then. I am vomiting this text upon anyone who is willing to read.

"Finland has once again been ranked as the happiest country in the world.
The Nordic nation received the accolade for the second year in succession in the annual survey of global happiness from the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network.
Finland beat out 155 other countries for the title in the 2019 report, released Wednesday. The report states that global data on national happiness and evidence from the emerging science of happiness shows that "the quality of people’s lives can be coherently, reliably, and validly assessed by a variety of subjective well-being measures, collectively referred to as 'happiness."

I refuse to accept.

Here is your local reporter, telling you some REAL things from the ground level.

Levels of income are very different. There are very rich people, there are also people who literally do not have anything. Middle class is getting more and more narrow. Breadlines are long. I have received these surveys. As have my friends. There is nothing in this game for us. I mean like a six page survey and there is no prize no nothing. Are we going to fill the survey or are we fighting to survive another day? What would you, dear reader, choose from these options?

I mean how? I mean what? We are the happiest country and there are long queues of starving people to get food help. This is the moment when you have to get out. Or I will get out.

Resigning from all of this madness. If we are the happiest, then how lousy rat holes must the other countries be? Look I can’t even think about this. Jupiter is my destination.

“The temperature in the clouds of Jupiter is about minus 145 degrees Celsius (minus 234 degrees Fahrenheit). The temperature near the planet's center is much, much hotter. The core temperature may be about 24,000 degrees Celsius (43,000 degrees Fahrenheit). That's hotter than the surface of the sun!”

I would have something like 0.1 seconds of survival time there. But it would be way better than a lifetime here.

Thanks for letting me share, I needed this.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

if you is a finn - and unhappi - but dont fill in the form - to tell people you is unhappi - only happi people will fill in forms - saying they is happi - now do you understand why your refusal to engage - means your voice was not heard ?

PS = your claims of food shortages // queing in 2019 = utter bollox

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Class problems exist in every single country. People say communism fixes that but nothing is farther from the truth it serves to widen the same gap it claims to narrow.

The rest of the world is more or less in the same boat which the issue you just stated except many times poorer and hungrier. Some other country’s have way more people to worry about then Finland as well more diverse populations they are also in more wars and conflicts.

There might be people in bread lines because they are broke but I bet there is zero shortage of bread or any other food for that matter in Finland.

I dunno move to Norway or Sweden🤷‍♂️

edit on 9-5-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

if you is a finn - and unhappi - but dont fill in the form - to tell people you is unhappi - only happi people will fill in forms - saying they is happi - now do you understand why your refusal to engage - means your voice was not heard ?

PS = your claims of food shortages // queing in 2019 = utter bollox

Thanks for replying.

Look ape, it is not "utter bollox" take my word for it. In a sense there is no food shortage. You can get any food you want if you have money. Everyone here do not have money.

Come over and see. I will show you the breadlines, filled with broken people. After that, you can have some of my beers and i will warm up my sauna for you. In order for you to recover. This is not easy. This hurts.

Of course my voice was not heard. It is never heard. I am unable to shout all the way to the ivory towers.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
There might be people in bread lines because they are broke but I bet there is zero shortage of bread or any other food for that matter in Finland.

I dunno move to Norway or Sweden🤷‍♂️

Thanks for replying to me.

No no no... let this be clear: there is no "shortage of bread or any food for that matter"

You have to have money to have those. I am lucky enough to have it. Only a little bit of money, but enough.

No i am not moving anywhere. I stay here and dry away. It just makes me really sad if this is the happiest country.
It really does.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I knew a guy from Finland and he was miserable.

This Happiness Index relies on respondents to a survey, so it's all in the targeting of that survey methinks. Besides, the Finnish suicide rate is not very good, so there is a rather big contradiction here.

Either way, the late and great Ken Dodd was not Finnish.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Honestly Finn? It's probably closer to being akin to being so familiar with something (Finland, in this case) than it sort of blocks out being objective (can be the case for the US, too, it's not roses over here, either)

BUT, the difference between Finnish Happiness and American Happiness is a mindset thing, I think. The thought processes for comparisons are different between many countries, and yours and mine are no different. I've never been to Finland, but from what I've observed between Finns and Americans, Finns are much more laid back and pick their stressors more wisely. In other words, you folks are less likely to devote your mental energy to worrying about keeping up appearances with items (the proverbial "Keeping up with the Joneses") or similar, whereas Americans will fret themselves into massive amounts of stress over it. Even the poorer Finnish citizens seem to have a MUCH better & healthier outlook on life than ours do.
I honestly don't think you'd be happy in the US at all, this is a very money, money, money, status, status, status country over here. Finland seems to be less concerned with that stuff. Still concerned with it as much as any human is, but not to the overwhelming extent Americans are.

There's more to happiness than money and status, and while I know the Finnish have their bills to pay too and their wants to go buy as well, they're not going to center their lives around that stuff in the overly neurotic way Americans do. IMO, that's the big difference between American happiness and Finnish happiness -- just my perspective with having spoken to, and written to, more than a few Finnish people in my life so far.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's just them trying to attract more tax slaves.
edit on 952020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Honestly Finn? It's probably closer to being akin to being so familiar with something (Finland, in this case) than it sort of blocks out being objective (can be the case for the US, too, it's not roses over here, either)

Honestly... But yes, i live in a Finnish bubble and look at the world through blue and white glasses. But spending time on ATS has helped me to burst that bubble a little bit, and therefore, i feel gratitude towards everyone here.

BUT, the difference between Finnish Happiness and American Happiness is a mindset thing, I think. The thought processes for comparisons are different between many countries, and yours and mine are no different. I've never been to Finland, but from what I've observed between Finns and Americans, Finns are much more laid back and pick their stressors more wisely. In other words, you folks are less likely to devote your mental energy to worrying about keeping up appearances with items (the proverbial "Keeping up with the Joneses") or similar, whereas Americans will fret themselves into massive amounts of stress over it.

Really? I see... But i think it is very much "Keeping up with the Joneses" here also. Envy is big here, and protecting a well-maintained image of oneself. This is a little bit over the top but it is kind of like this: it does not matter if you have only one leg, if your neighbor has no legs at all...

There must be happier countries. Plenty. If that is not the case, then planet earth is officially the unhappiest gutter of all the multiple civilizations that inhabit our universe.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
People in Finland aren't into racing. They're already across the Finnish line.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
People in Finland aren't into racing. They're already across the Finnish line.

Haha! Thank you for your comment. A little bit of humor helps, especially during troubled times.

You made me smile. Take my word for it, it takes a LOT to make me smile. Please do not do that for a while now, because if i smile too much then my face muscles start to hurt. When the millennium changed, i forgot how to smile but sometimes some people are so funny that i can't help it

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Of course my voice was not heard. It is never heard. I am unable to shout all the way to the ivory towers

Welcome to life bud, you must be a young fella to only have just worked that out. It's ok you only have another 40 or so years of servitude....

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I reclaim this right.

I will take this opportunity.

To declare, that we, as a human race, human species, we have miserably failed ourselves and everything else.

If my country is the happiest, then, straight up honestly, To HELL with everything.

Period.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Of course my voice was not heard. It is never heard. I am unable to shout all the way to the ivory towers

Welcome to life bud, you must be a young fella to only have just worked that out. It's ok you only have another 40 or so years of servitude....

Yeah dear. I understand your statement. Umm... however i want to say something straightforward with zero intentions to disrespect you bro/sis. I am a 38 year old male. Everything started to look F up when i was 18. And it has been that way ever since.

I can't murder this bogey man.

What 40 years?

Alcohol is going to end me before i end alcohol. And trust me pal, it is not 40 years.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sad Boys Forever

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Sad Boys Forever

What?

F U.

Here is your medal, for your achievements of beating a dead horse:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

Sad Boys Forever

What?

F U.

Here is your medal, for your achievements of beating a dead horse:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Okay, i see, you are one of "those ones"

It is meaningless to give further input into the conversation. And i withdraw myself.

Google "Sadism" you might learn a thing or two about yourself.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

How'd they get my photograph?

Did you send it to them?

Am I being pranked?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

How'd they get my photograph?

Did you send it to them?

Am I being pranked?

Pranked? You? I guess that it is quite obvious that i am the one who is played with here.

Vomit your hatred upon me. I will eat it. I will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join