It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane Liberal Governors Destroy Their States - Then Complain Like Someone Else Did It.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Saturday, May 9, 2020

Has anyone noticed that the Governors who damaged their state's economy the most, due to their Covid-19 over-reaction, are the ones who complain the most, and the loudest, about how bad things are in their state?

Our Illinois governor J.B. Pritzker still delivers daily damage assessment, and hopelessness updates, every afternoon. He told everyone in Illinois to "stay home", and 80% of businesses to close, back on March 9th...after only five Covid-19 Illinois deaths.

The state was on shaky financial ground even before March. Now, revenues are down 67%, over 1 million unemployment claims have been filed since March 1st, and Illinois' credit rating was slashed to "near-junk" status last week.

When confronted by the press about Illinois families now hurting so badly, due not being able to access the state unemployment benefits website, governor Pritzker whines:

"The financial toll on the people of Illinois has been breathtaking." And it's unprecedented!

IDES (IL Dept of Employment Security) is often an often-overlooked agency, which has been fundamentally defunded over many years.

It has 500 fewer employees now than it did during the Great Recession a decade ago.

Its computer systems, like those of many other states, was built in the aftermath of the Great Recession with the idea that nothing could ever be worse than the Great Recession.

As this current crisis has seen, unemployment claims have surpassed that era several times over!

IDES' systems were unfit to handle the surge, causing tens of thousands of Illinoisans to wait at a moment when families are hurting at a scale the world hasn't seen before in our lifetimes."
Source: abc7chicago.com...

The "horrific economic damage caused by Covid-19" is the basis for every answer Pritzker gives to any question related to job loss, lack of medical care, street potholes, police/fire layoffs, increasing unrest in Chicago, and the growing number of calls to the suicide hotline.

If you were to come out of a 90 day Coma, and JB Pritzker's press briefing is on the television, you'd think some great natural disaster or calamity had occurred! When in actuality, HE IS THE ONE who shut everything down, and is keeping it at way at least until May 31st....3 weeks from now.

Just like Cuomo (NY) and Newsome (CA), Illinois Governor Pritzker takes ZERO responsibility, and is begging/demanding the Federal Government bail out the state, using U.S. Taxpayer dollars. $40 Billion was what Pritzker said he needed in late April. ($10B of the $40B just to prop-up the state employee pension fund.)

-CareWeMust

+13 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes , take New Jersey for Example . The State Government here thinks the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights do not Apply to it's Citizens here . I Beg to Differ .........

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
How about those who elected him? Are they happy...or at least satisfied with his radical views?

+16 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It's important to inflict the pain on their citizens in order for them to understand the severity of voting for donald trump.

Also, federal funds will flow in the back door. So it's a win win, for them.

But, as usual, these people are playing a game that they've played for years but apparently have never been worse at.

I'm actually going to vote this year, I've never voted in all my almost 40 years on this planet.

I'm going to go out and vote against the failing "D" bag of our state governor, run hard R down the whole ballet and vote for trump(hopefully contributing to flipping my "swing" state).

These people are hard retarded, they won't learn anything until you drive them so deep into the dirt they have to realize the "world" isn't a twitter bubble.

ETA: My "hard R" isn't all it seems to be. Pretty much all the local stuff is held by R's around here. The only thing I could "vote against" is the state governor(because the local #opolis picks their Dem for that) and the presidency. But any vote I cast will cancel out some hipster city twat that wants to keep on the d bag that doesn't know jack all about # around here.
edit on 9-5-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   

You are a very interesting user on these forums.
I thought ABC even if being a local affiliate would be the start of fake news. Yet you take this and make a post, though the POTUS is doing his best to block such numbers.
So I say FAKE NEWS. And hell no those numbers are not real.

So let’s look at a number that is supported by the government (which I don’t believe) of total deaths is 1268 as of May 8.

So now you have a change of old heart on your treadmill watching butt believe left media over Trumps government owned for use of we the people sites?

Hmmmm
Flip flop much my dude.

+7 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030
What state are you in? It seems there are several governors who don't care much about the citizens who elected them.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
What does 1,268 refer to?

+3 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I'm in MN.

It's largely a rural state that leans conservative. I'd say about 90 percent of the state(land mass) is friendly, mostly crime free and largely constitutional.

The other 10 percent is of course the major metro area. Riddled with daily murders/rapes and mass violence. The density of the megacity(both in human count and stupidity) unfortunately dictates the 'direction" of the state nationally.

It's the same old story across the majority of the USA.

+3 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Pritzker is the worst thing to happen to Illinois since Rod Blagojovic.

Prtizker removed all the toilets from his mansion to avoid taxes. To a guy like me that screams crook. To most of the people in Chicago this is creative accounting, and worthy of a vote.

I live downstate. There is no reason we're not 100% open, with special protections for the vulnerable. There is plenty of underground business going on anyway. It feels like you're going to a drug dealers house to get your hair cut though. Strange times indeed.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

He's under a Federal investigation for the toilet sham. Removing toilets does not reduce a home value by over 90% anywhere but in a corrupt city. Oh, and you know he's not the only one.

+7 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

Our City Council just told him to shove it and are going to open businesses.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Red states are doing the exact same thing.

+8 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I saw Andy Cuomo on the tube screaming his state lost 13.3 billion dollars in revenue so far. If he lost it he should go find it. He should retrace his steps. Hopefully, he will find some common sense along the way.
Nobody thought this through they panicked and just shut it down.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Allaroundyou
What does 1,268 refer to?

deaths

The actual numbers and not what you said 19...... mic drop

+4 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Of course they do. The liberal mindset is to bankrupt their own state (even before covid) and then blame their own citizens or the federal government for their piss poor money management. They want to spend everything they get on "social" issues and laws that help them through redistricting areas so they have more dems and circumvent legal voting. They also give money to county executives and mayors for useless pet projects.
The dem mayor in my town promised the roads would be fixed (Cuz they went to shiit) more jobs blah blah blah but then spent 4 million on the "Berkshire innovation center" which is useless and our roads are still trashed AF.
I overheard a tech at the pharmacy I go to saying we should take a bat to the mayor and everyone agreed that would be a fun time lol

I just heard either the govenor or someone in his cabinet in new Mexico, saying they will keep fighting for funding for their sanctuary cities saying the federal government is wrong for not giving them money to shelter illegals. WTF???

And before someone says "but but but this country was built by illegal immigrants" then understand the fact that those immigrants went through Ellis island LEGALLY and the few that didn't do it legally were stowaways on boats and such etc

+11 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

EVERYONE has noticed that it is mainly Democratic Party Governors who have over-reacted and put their states on a path to certain economic death.

It is mainly Democratic Party Governors who have made ridiculous and poorly thought out orders, that caused massive uproars and demonstrations against their petty and unwise decisions. (like you can go boating alone in a row boat, but not a motorized boat- what?)

It is mainly Democratic Party Governors who have decided they will keep their states closed tight and not given their surfs/peons (oops citizens) any timeline for reopening their states.

It is only a Democratic Party Governor whose own legislature is suing her for refusing to sign a bill that the legislature passed limiting the power of the Governor (Whitmer), who enacted the gem of an order that one can buy groceries at Walmart/Target, but not a car seat or seeds to grow food.

It is those anti-liberty and anti-humanitarian Governors who are bringing about more death from non-Covid reasons than from COVID 19.

How are the Governors like Whitmer, Cuomo, Newsom, etc. blatantly anti-humanitarian?:

More (mostly young adults) have died from suicide
in TN and other areas directly from
the sense of worthlessness caused by enforce isolation
than died of COVID 19.
tennesseestar.com... : www.rt.com...

Children have been locked away unseen
with their abusers and been abused in record numbers.
dfw.cbslocal.com...

Now 50% of US citizens aren't working
due to the closed economies and
malnutrition, starvation, homelessness of entire families are often the end result.
www.afr.com...

People have been left untreated with cancer
and other fatal diseases because of closed medical facilities
and thousands of Doctors and nurses have been laid off
due to "non-urgent" medical care being forbidden in their states.
(fr respected paper Philadelphia Inquirer) www.inquirer.com... : www.seattletimes.com... : www.usatoday.com...

People have been told to stay away from hospitals
unless they are positive they are dying from COVID 19
because they WILL with no uncertainty catch COVID 19
and die the worst possible death imaginable,
so women are giving birth at home in record numbers.
People are dying preventable deaths at home in record numbers.
www.nytimes.com... : abcnews.go.com...

All this when the latest studies show:

0.075% is the latest mortality rate from the UK
who has been testing antibodies and people in record numbers,
which means 99.25% of everyone who catches COVID 19 will live.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

80% of all people have little or nothing to fear from COVID 19.
www.washingtontimes.com...

The latest polling data shows that 40% of all US citizens
will not stop self isolating
if states reopen, 11% will refuse to return to work,
and 16% say they will be afraid of going in public for the rest of their lives.
www.ibtimes.sg...

The governments of the world have been beginning to see
that the biggest challenge ahead when the nations open up
is a fearful/traumatized/terrorized populace
who may not return to public life for months or years to come.

Don't believe me, try a little survey of your own with 100 of your friends/acquaintances, I bet 40% will say they won't go out even if the economy totally opens up for months or years to come.

This will mean a loss of 40% revenue for state and local governments,
as well as the federal government because
they have convinced 40% of the people it is dangerous
to come within 6 feet of any human not living in your household,
and it won't be safe to go out until you have had a vaccine,
and they believe it and will not go out unless absolutely necessary.

This means 40% less attendance at music concerts/sporting events/movies/theater/festivals/fairs/even shopping in stores.

When this is combined with the fact that the US Congress has spent more in 2 months than the US took in revenue in all of last year. Well...a recipe for disaster for sure.

Worst of all these Governors don't care, they don't care about the 99.25%, only the 0.075%, they don't care about the humanitarian toll - they are anti-humanitarian - and have become petty dictators.

It is clear that every single Democratic Party Governor are having their edicts supported and touted as wonderful by CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, NY Times, etc. The media seems to love anti-humanitarianism and anti-liberty right now, as long as it is their beloved liberals doing it.

It is very clear how these Democratic Party Governors who represent their party are anti-liberty, totalitarian, oppressive, repressive and anti-humanitarian.

edit on 5/9/20 by The2Billies because: format added links

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Don't be so emotional.
get a grip.

The states have not been destroyed.

+7 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Red states are doing the exact same thing.

Name them please and name the red state Governors that are refusing to reopen and have not even started on the path to reopening.

Name the red states where people are protesting and the Governors have said protesting is not allowed during a pandemic in their state or red city.

Name the red states who have given no timeline for reopening or have said like Newsom (CA) did yesterday, that they may not reopen entirely until there is a vaccine. www.sfgate.com...

List the unreasonable and weird orders passed by red state Governors.(like you can buy food but not seed to plant or garden supplies to grow your own food)

Don't make a statement like that without backing it up because people write that particular line all the time NEVER, EVER back it up - making it something to be ignored as a pathetic pre-written/propaganda line to use when one can't back up what they have to say.

edit on 5/9/20 by The2Billies because: added link

+5 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Case in point, look at Michigan and Whitmer.

She's going to crush Michigan's economy, just so she can blame it on Trump, which she has done tirelessly since this all began. So she can be a total FU as a governor and then blame her whole mess on Trump!

I think if I lived in MI I'd be camping on the capital lawn!

Most pathetic excuse for a governor I've ever seen. Of course, our governor isn't much better!

+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

You might not of seen this one, but San Francisco is giving FREE alcohol, tobacco and drugs to the homeless! They aren't homeless anymore either, they are living in hotels and the government is talking about commandeering MORE hotels.

That's right folks, screw you and your children, we are going to feed peoples addictions rather that make sure people have food!
edit on 9-5-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join