It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had some symptoms of COVID-19 a couple of weeks ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
13 days after Easter, on a Saturday, I was sitting in my living room watching TV. I suddenly felt very fatigued, like I could just nap right where I was. I felt a little funny, but other than that, just the fatigue. I wound up going to bed around 6 PM. I have a digital thermometer. I’ve been taking my temperature twice a day since mid March. When I took my temperature, it was around 99.3. I did feel a little warm, but no chills or anything at that point. I didn’t have a sore throat or cough. I actually slept about 14 hours. That’s not like me at all. On average, I sleep 6-7 hours a night. I was really wiped out. I had some very odd dreams, and terrible night sweats. When I woke up, the back of my neck was soaking wet. I had a bad sinus headache. Took my temperature Sunday morning, and it was 99.7. I took a couple of Tylenol, hoping it would lessen my headache and get my temperature down.

I also noticed my throat was sore. Now normally at this time of year, I get frequent sinus headaches. It’s just the ever changing weather of Wisconsin in spring that brings this on. But I don’t usually have fatigue or run a temperature, or have a sore throat. So with all the stuff I was hearing on the news, I called the COVID-19 hotline. They were nice and gave me some information. I asked if there was anywhere I could go to get tested. They stated I would have to have a doctor’s note and could call my PCP on Monday to discuss it. I figured out the gist of it was I wasn’t gonna get a test unless I would up really sick and in the hospital. So I tried to stop worrying and went on with my day. I started feeling better and the headache went away. My appetite was fine. I had no loss of taste or smell, and no cough whatsoever. At the end of the day before I went to bed, I checked my temperature again, and it was back to 97.5, which is about normal for me.

Since then, there have been no issues. I haven’t had any kind of COVID-19 symptoms. I figure it was just a 24 hour bug of some sort, because it didn’t last for more than that. Of course, I made sure I stayed home and didn’t get near any people. It has been a little over two weeks since then. I would like to get an antibody test. So I did a search to find out if there was anywhere in Wisconsin offering antibody tests. The only one was some testing company that offered one for $150. Of course, this is not covered by insurance, so I just shrugged. I’m not spending $150 for a test that may not even be very accurate.

I’ve been very careful, following all the guidelines of the CDC. In addition, I take a zinc supplement every day. I understand zinc is a good immune system booster. I know it’s not a miracle or anything, but whatever helps. It’s just frustrating, because I want to donate blood or plasma. If I knew I had antibodies, I think that could help for them to use my blood to help someone else who is very sick with COVID-19. I don’t know, probably didn’t get COVID-19. If so, it was very mild. I know some people don’t have symptoms at all. So much is unknown. I’ll just keep doing what I’ve been doing. I hope you all are doing okay out there.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

It's weird when you read a post like this, and realize that the OP is describing how you felt on a random day a few weeks back.
To. A. T.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: p0sthuman

So you had similar symptoms for about a day or so? Hmmmm, maybe this is mild symptoms for some people. Perhaps we both dodged a bullet. I’d like to think that. There is so much conflicting information, and it seems to change every day. Now they’re saying even if you had COVID-19, that is no guarantee that you are immune. Some crazy times we all live in.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm developing a sore throat today, and starting to get a bit achy. Trying to decide if I'm going to be honest at work tomorrow, as if I tell them my throat hurts I can't work for either two weeks, or I get a negative Covid test. If I feel any worse at all, I will definitely not go to work.

That said, I have allergies. Stuff that affects me is blooming, and temperatures have been all over the place in Missouri. Went from 80's a few days ago with my AC on, to a few days of open window weather with chilly nights, to low 30's and a frost tomorrow morning.

top topics

join