It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI Develops Efficient and Very Interesting Tax Policies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: Edumakated

The problem with deciding who gets to vote based on how much they contribute to the system is that you're beginning to determine voting power based on how wealthy a person is, and by that logic the people who pay the most taxes should have the most voting power. That idea seems sensible on its surface, the people who pay the most should have more say in how it's used, but once again it's not such a great idea in practice because we don't want billionaires determining laws and regulations or what the government uses their tax money for, they already have lobbyists for that anyway.

No, disagree. It isn't how much you contribute. If you are a tax paying citizen whether you pay $1 or $100 million, you get to vote.

The issue is you can't have a class of people who can vote themselves funds from another group of people. People vote for stuff if they aren't the ones who have to pay for it.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

That argument is kind of circular though isn't it... they're the ones getting that money so they're not going to be taxed more to give themselves more money. Obviously it's not good to have a large group of people basing their vote on who will give them the most money and I agree there should be methods to minimize that, but there wont be because it helps the right politicians get elected.
edit on 7/5/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They should apply AI to figure out all the wasteful positions and departments in our government.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This just provides more evidence that AI should not be trusted with anything but the least consequential of tasks.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I read this as - "Artificial Intelligence Finds Slavery To Be Efficient"

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Funny. My phone AI says taxes are unconstitutional and used only to limit wealth.
It was also funny that a huge bill that gutted taxation was coming out right before the plandemic.

Backed by nothing but faith...not needed by a gov that prints it...yeah total scam.

Time to start picking the essential gov we want.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

The problem with deciding who gets to vote based on how much they contribute to the system is that you're beginning to determine voting power based on how wealthy a person is, and by that logic the people who pay the most taxes should have the most voting power.

My suggestion isn't that it become a dimmer switch, but a hard on-off switch. Obviously there should be a cut off in regards to age, as someone who has worked their life away, paid taxes, and then fittingly retired may not be presently paying anything in income taxes, but I'd certainly not remove their vote. Similarly, it should be based on a period of time rather than a point-in-time judgement. If someone happens to lose their job and go on unemployment right before an election but after having worked for the prior year(s), then they have earned their voting right.

I'd structure is sort of like this...
Flat tax with personal and business exemptions across the board. In not way whatsoever can any tax filer receive more from the IRS than they paid into the system in the form of taxes the prior year. This garbage of the politicians using the IRS as a tool of wealth redistributions and payouts intended to bypass the federal welfare recipient duration laws must end. A moderate tier adjustment to the "flat" tax concept, the minimum amount a tax payer can get away with actually paying would be set at 5% up to someone making twice the federal poverty income line. That would mean every American who made income would be paying (and not receiving in refund) at least $0.05 of every dollar they earned. The exemptions would be applied to the other $0.05 per dollar earned that they would owe the IRS in absence of any exemptions.
To be eligible to vote, someone between the age of 20 and 65 would have to show taxes paid for 12 months total out of the 24 months prior to the deadline for voter registration for the coming election cycle. If taxes were paid, doesn't matter if $1.00 or A million dollars, they can vote. If they took more than they contributed, then they cannot vote.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Close the tax loopholes for the rich first. Wanting to tax the poor more while the rich use lobbyists to rig the system is unjust.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I read this as - "Artificial Intelligence Finds Slavery To Be Efficient"

That's probably what it would eventually suggest! Many economies of the past flourished with slaves.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Close the tax loopholes for the rich first. Wanting to tax the poor more while the rich use lobbyists to rig the system is unjust.

What tax loopholes do the rich have? Show me where the tax code says you have to be rich to utilize said tax code...

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

What tax loopholes do the rich have? Show me where the tax code says you have to be rich to utilize said tax code...

Your average working class American can’t afford the accountants, lawyers and shell companies required to exploit the corrupt tax code.
edit on 852020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: Edumakated

Your average working class American can’t afford the accountants, lawyers and shell companies required to exploit the corrupt tax code.

The average person doesn't use H&R Block or the various other tax services?

The average working class person doesn't pay much in taxes either so why would they need to engage professional help?

So again, what specific tax loop holes are the rich taking advantage of or are you just parroting a narrative of the evil rich not paying taxes.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets
The rich don't pay taxes.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Double post.

edit on 8-5-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join