It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest death tolls due to COVID 19 policies which exceed death by virus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
www.worldometers.info... Right now there have been more deaths from suicide than from COVID 19 to date. I don't hear anyone talking about the epidemic of suicide which is mostly affecting young people.

In Australia they are attributing the greater number of deaths due to suicide than COVID 19 to the restrictions put upon people's freedom. This article predicts that suicide caused by COVID 19 lockdowns will exceed the number of COVID 19 deaths. www.4bc.com.au...

In Great Britain they are predicting 1.5 million deaths due to COVID 19 closing of non-essential medical treatment for TB alone. www.telegraph.co.uk...

Up to 34,000 deaths from lack of cancer treatments are expected in the UK and US due to treatments delayed or disrupted because of the closing of non-essential medical care due to COVID 19. www.the-hospitalist.org...

When the humanitarian toll is added to the economic toll which is leaving many unemployed, in poverty and lacking food – when does the human toll become important? www.ccn.com...

When does "my body, my choice" become a reality now that the initial surge is over? When does denying people "my body, my choice" through anti-liberty and draconian shutting of the economy become anti-humanitarian?

How much does the death toll from these causes and people terrified to even set foot in a hospital and so die of preventable causes, and the children who have died from unobserved child abuse become more important than shuttering people in their homes for months on end. abcnews.go.com... : www.pbs.org... : www.chicagotribune.com... dfw.cbslocal.com...

I don’t think that opening economies will result in hospitals being unable to cope because most likely, at a minimum, 10% of the population, or many more have already had the virus, and 40% will refuse to go in public without wearing “armor” against the virus. www.ibtimes.sg...
Therefore the hospitals won’t be overwhelmed, which was supposed to be the purpose of the lockdowns.

The lockdowns were NEVER to be about stopping the virus entirely, since it is in the family of cold viruses. There has never been a successful vaccine for a cold virus, despite such a vaccine being a literal gold mine. www.news.com.au...

As for me personally, I will continue to isolate until I have had a vaccine, or until herd immunity has been achieved. However, herd immunity NEVER be achieved without letting the herd out. Continuing to isolate that will be my choice as in "my body, my choice." Even so I refuse to limit the right of others to choose liberty and to choose "my body, my choice" by participating in the economy and in life once again.

Why not allow people the right to choose "my body, my choice" now that the surge is over and more people are dying from "lockdowns" than from the deaths the lockdowns are intended to prevent.

PLEASE add to my list of deaths caused directly by COVID 19 lockdowns, I would appreciate it greatly.

edit on 5/7/20 by The2Billies because: fixed links and made title more accurate

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Your suicide number are to date. Realistically, this will have a compounding effect for years to come. People will be committing suicide years down the road — for events being played out now. It’s very sad.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
They aren't talking about because it was "Covid caused".

Isn't every death now covid related?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
They aren't talking about because it was "Covid caused".

Isn't every death now covid related?

And the very same people who call every Covid related death, like suicide, child abuse death, death from untreated cancer and other preventable illnesses - COVID 19 deaths

Are the very ones who used to scream just a year or so ago "my body, my choice"

Guess they really didn't believe that after all, did they?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Suicide is a choice, getting covid from others is not. Having said that, maybe it is time to open things up. Im not sure.

It's kind of silly that people are suiciding over not being able to go out or over a economic downturn. If thats all it took to kill yourself, then there were far deeper problems than covid19.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I've got a Brother-in-Law who was diagnosed with Cancer in March. The doctor's want chemo, but he can't get it until they let the hospitals re-open.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

How are any of those due to covid19? Child abuse was only held off by a stable economy? Mass suicide because group gathering can't happen?

Everything you mention is preventable. It's not covid lockdown, it's people.
edit on 7-5-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Why aren't hospitals open?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Chemo in his situation is considered elective and none of the hospitals are doing electives right now.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Well, that sounds stupid. They want to wait for it to spread?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Well one could say suicide is always "silly" losing your job or home etc. is no joke at all and shouldnt be downplayed.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

How are any of those due to covid19? Child abuse was only held off by a stable economy? Mass suicide because group gathering can't happen?

Such a naive way of looking at things.

We have seen studies over and over again draw a direct link from poverty or loss of livelihood to increases in things such as child abuse, suicide etc.

To ignore that is disingenuous.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Please read all the links. They are all directly due to covid lockdown. At least the massive increase in these yes preventable deaths are due directly to COVID 19 lockdowns around the world.

"My body, my choice"

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
www.worldometers.info... Right now there have been more deaths from suicide than from COVID 19 to date. I don't hear anyone talking about the epidemic of suicide which is mostly affecting young people.

In Australia they are attributing the greater number of deaths due to suicide than COVID 19 to the restrictions put upon people's freedom. This article predicts that suicide caused by COVID 19 lockdowns will exceed the number of COVID 19 deaths. www.4bc.com.au...

In Great Britain they are predicting 1.5 million deaths due to COVID 19 closing of non-essential medical treatment for TB alone. www.telegraph.co.uk...

Up to 34,000 deaths from lack of cancer treatments are expected in the UK and US due to treatments delayed or disrupted because of the closing of non-essential medical care due to COVID 19. www.the-hospitalist.org...

When the humanitarian toll is added to the economic toll which is leaving many unemployed, in poverty and lacking food – when does the human toll become important? www.ccn.com...

When does "my body, my choice" become a reality now that the initial surge is over? When does denying people "my body, my choice" through anti-liberty and draconian shutting of the economy become anti-humanitarian?

How much does the death toll from these causes and people terrified to even set foot in a hospital and so die of preventable causes, and the children who have died from unobserved child abuse become more important than shuttering people in their homes for months on end. abcnews.go.com... : www.pbs.org... : www.chicagotribune.com... dfw.cbslocal.com...

I don’t think that opening economies will result in hospitals being unable to cope because most likely, at a minimum, 10% of the population, or many more have already had the virus, and 40% will refuse to go in public without wearing “armor” against the virus. www.ibtimes.sg...
Therefore the hospitals won’t be overwhelmed, which was supposed to be the purpose of the lockdowns.

The lockdowns were NEVER to be about stopping the virus entirely, since it is in the family of cold viruses. There has never been a successful vaccine for a cold virus, despite such a vaccine being a literal gold mine. www.news.com.au...

As for me personally, I will continue to isolate until I have had a vaccine, or until herd immunity has been achieved. However, herd immunity NEVER be achieved without letting the herd out. Continuing to isolate that will be my choice as in "my body, my choice." Even so I refuse to limit the right of others to choose liberty and to choose "my body, my choice" by participating in the economy and in life once again.

Why not allow people the right to choose "my body, my choice" now that the surge is over and more people are dying from "lockdowns" than from the deaths the lockdowns are intended to prevent.

PLEASE add to my list of deaths caused directly by COVID 19 lockdowns, I would appreciate it greatly.

This is total BS. People are still getting their cancer treatments when they need them. My household has had 3 treatments since the lockdown started, no cancellations, no delays, nothing. And the Oncology office says that pretty much everyone is still coming to their appointments. And show me the suicide numbers that are anything more than a small fraction of the number of COVID cases. They use to put people in mental hospitals who believed this type of garbage.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

What’s mind boggling is, many people think WE are callous for wanting to go back to normal life (we don’t care about old people). While at the same time, criticize and downplay the adverse Collateral damage this virus has caused.

Zoom up people. Look at the bigger picture. Why is that so difficult for some?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Suicide is a choice, getting covid from others is not. Having said that, maybe it is time to open things up. Im not sure.

It's kind of silly that people are suiciding over not being able to go out or over a economic downturn. If thats all it took to kill yourself, then there were far deeper problems than covid19.

It is not from "economic" problems alone.

Lockdown for many was a soul sucking experience. They were left helpless and told that to go outside was to die from COVID 19, and there was nothing they could do about it.

They were left feeling worthless, there was nothing of real worth or value to do for many in their isolated hovels, and they saw that.

They were isolated, and every single study ever done for all time on isolation shows that isolation CAUSES mental illness. (you can not replace social media with real live socialization - social media is not real - it is fake socialization and people know it)

It was not just "not going" out, it was a mental twisting of a unrealistic realization that their lives didn't matter, that they contributed nothing of value to society, that no one wanted to come within 6 feet of them.

This is what isolation does to the mind and every Psychological study on it proves this, as well as most show that isolation actually causes death in some from lack of physical contact and touch. Please read up on this and try to prove me wrong, I'd appreciate it greatly.

edit on 5/7/20 by The2Billies because: format

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: The2Billies

This is total BS. People are still getting their cancer treatments when they need them. My household has had 3 treatments since the lockdown started, no cancellations, no delays, nothing. And the Oncology office says that pretty much everyone is still coming to their appointments. And show me the suicide numbers that are anything more than a small fraction of the number of COVID cases. They use to put people in mental hospitals who believed this type of garbage.

Guess you didn't bother to read the linked article.

"My body, my choice"

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Why aren't hospitals open?

During the time when most states were locked down, they forbade any elective procedures.

I had my post surgical physical therapy cancelled, no big deal for me.

But that also included cancer treatments, tests for cancer, tests for heart disease, etc.

They also told people to stay away from hospitals altogether unless they were positive they had COVID 19 and could not breathe so badly they felt they were going to die.

Many states are still under these orders from their state Governors.

edit on 5/7/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

My brothers brain surgery for seizures was canceled.

He also was processed in the local hospital for 40 minutes for a bad seizure, the let go before stablized, only to have a horrible seizure ten minutes outside the hopsital and require and amublulance to pick him up.

This was despite the fact not one covid case had occured in the county.

That hospital, Brookville hospital in jefferson county PA saw such a drop in peope entering that they had to furlough 24 employees, and were part of a network that furloughed over 600

wjactv.com...

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

I've got a Brother-in-Law who was diagnosed with Cancer in March. The doctor's want chemo, but he can't get it until they let the hospitals re-open.

He needs to get a new doctor. Everyone i know with cancer is still getting their regular treatments. They don't go to the hospital to get them. Call the oncology centers in your area and ask if they are giving cancer treatments. They will all say yes.

<<   2  3 >>

join