It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead people must return stimulus check

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

If you are dead you had better not cash that stimulus check!

Ok, I know they are really talking about relatives of the deceased. ( I hope unless they know something we don’t)
It just makes you wonder how much fraud is going on. My guess, a lot. Probably more than any of us want to believe.
Decades ago my grandma died and my mom got a call two years later from the government. It appears an aunt that we no longer spoke with was still collecting full benefits for grandma! Two years!

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
That's what happens when the stimulus payments are rushed out to checking accounts and mailboxes ASAP.

Obama's Treasure guy said on MSNBC last month that they waited 2 months to send out the $250 stimulus checks, because they verified a lot of parameters. Addresses, live/dead, prison status, etc..

I suppose it doesn't matter if a few thousand dead people get checks when you're talking TRILLIONS of dollars.

+3 more 
posted on May, 7 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I thought stimulus checks to dead people was just the Democrats way of paying off a big contingent of their voting base?

ganjoa

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Two questions, my stimulus was directly deposited, never got a letter or anything and there is no note as to who the beneficiary is.. so, how am I supposed to know?
And, it's the responsibility, by law, that the funeral director notify social security a person is deceased....I thought to asked... so, unless the family brought the body home straight from the morgue and dug a hole to bury it...they've been notified, I dont see why they wouldnt have found a way to make it obvious who's alive, who is dead.
I dont understand why I am getting letters addressed to my husband from them about medicare. I think it's a little late to worry about his healthcare.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
But those are the dead people voters. Shouldn't they get paid for voting Democratic since the 1960's ?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Happens with with social security, Veteran disability, unemployment, food stamps and every other government social distribution of money. Not much can be done about it. Sometimes the government even encourages it.

When I was in the Army hospital and still getting paid, several case workers were upset with me because I would not file for unemployment. Why would I file for unemployment. I was still getting my full military pay. They basically said nobody is going to question it or something to that effect. I also had several doctors demanding I state I had PTSD. Kept telling them I didn't. I slept like a baby, crowds didn't bother me and I actually laughed when a Soldier showed me a picture of the head of the suicide bomber on the ground.

I think they don't care most of the time because they want to dump money into the economy the easy way. It's too much trouble watching every dime like a hawk and trying to prosecute people.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

Because dead people dont vote republican. Got it.

You sure about that?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This is really interesting, since I work in banking we've actually run into this a few times. Initially this is what I thought, so when a woman went to deposit her $2400 stimulus we saw on her file that her husband passed away 3 weeks prior, so we told her to contact the IRS about getting a new check. She understood, went on her way.

Yet, just two days ago a guy called asking about stimulus checks put into his parents accounts, he was curious about when his mothers stimulus would be returned since she passed away about a month ago. She's already had her SSA returned, so he just wanted to know when to expect it. I contacted my back office to get more info on that and I was told that they get to keep it.

Later on another woman called because she got a $2400 stimulus, but her husband passed away in October. We were once again told she was able to keep it.

Now that this article is out, I wonder if our back office will now say differently. Personally, I hope so.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Doubt they even pursue any known fraud. The goal was to dump money into the economy as easily as possible. Whoever commits this fraud is going to do just that. They are going to spend it. These are not the people saving money, investing, paying down their mortgage. These are the financial idiots of society.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets
My Father was injured in the Korean War. Complications from his injuries later disabled him. We fought from 1973 to get the disability pension that he deserved. Finally everything was straightened out and he got his disability and back payment from 73. The check arrived the day after he passed away. I was the Executor and had power of attorney. It wasn't an hour after the mail came that there was a knock on the door from a Government agent wanting the check because they don't pay the estate. Three days later I get a $17,000 bill from the hospital for his treatment that I had to pay.

They don't want to dump money into the economy. They want to keep all of those public sector union jobs. If they were careful in sending out the money, they wouldn't need all of those people who's job it is to track it down.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
And, it's the responsibility, by law, that the funeral director notify social security a person is deceased...

That's actually a fee based service, by law it is the decedent's stirpes, if any, to inform the SSA or the executor.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Vietnam era Soldiers did indeed get screwed over. Things though have changed. So many organizations with power of attorney that know all the tricks of the trade to get their hands on Federal money.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
..because its the right thing to do πŸ‘“πŸ€‘πŸ‘“

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Trillions of dollars were just stolen by the corporate kleptocracy and all you can think to yak about is grandmas stimulus check.

I've never seen a group of people who deserve their chains more.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

See...they can't process them all. Minimal background checking...

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
Trillions of dollars were just stolen by the corporate kleptocracy and all you can think to yak about is grandmas stimulus check.

I've never seen a group of people who deserve their chains more.

Believe or not, some people are concerned about fraud at all levels, but even more so, a broken system.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Ya, their keypunch operators cant key that fast...
At least if everything falls apart, maybe we will be forced to modernize our systems.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Oh, I believe it. I just think you spend too much time on pennies and nickles while 747s full of treasure are flying out to Wall Street every 20 minutes. But go "both sides," I guess.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Oh, I believe it. I just think you spend too much time on pennies and nickles while 747s full of treasure are flying out to Wall Street every 20 minutes. But go "both sides," I guess.

Death by a thousand cuts. All one has to do is look at Illinois to see a few pennies and nickles add up to tremendous amounts.........

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

We (Michigan)...just hired 500 or so temps for the Unemployment fiasco...

They couldnt process before timely enough...now...totally clueless workers.

Verify employment? Your joking right? Who's gonna do that? To perhaps your out of business, boarded up former boss? .

Retired? Part time? $600 a week average here...to not work...with little verification at least from here out...mabe later theyll catch things?! HA!Just say you were working somewhere..minimum verifying...the check flies.

And those never had to use the system? They find no system. And are mad....it wont be a few weeks for some....months...

Thank you Dawnstar...escaping for the better I hope? All is well?. Stay so...*

FYI: My 1st Nation's name is "MorningStar"..Peace!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join