It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure what to say to some people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Was over at a buddies to do some drinking. He wanted to go to another friend of his. I said sure, the more the merrier.

Got to this guys house and for a brief moment things got political with him. Here is the conversation as well as I can remember.

Dude I just met:
"I #ing hate McConnell. I would put a #ing bullet in his face."

Me:
"Why?"

Dude I just met:
"Because he votes against unions all the time!"

Me:
"Aren't you a small business owner?"

Dude I just met:
"Yes."

Me:
"Would you let your workers unionize?"

Dude I just met:
"There would never be a reason for them to do that, so no!"

Me:
"How much do you pay them an hour?"

Dude I just met:
"11 dollars an hour."

Me:
"Um, ok, seriously lets just not talk about politics anymore while we are drunk."

Dude I just met:
"Why not?"

Me:
"Just because my friend, just because...Man Obama was the best prez huh?"

Dude I just met:
"Yeah, I wish he was still president! Wanna nother beer?"

Me:
"rock on dude!"

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Im still a little worried what might happen if i post my MAGA cap on social media. Live in a very very small country and even a smaller town. Figured its not worth the hazzle so I get your sentiment especially if alcahol is involved. I tip my maga hat for you.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don’t know about putting a bullet in his face. That’s letting him off way too easy. For someone who takes delight in being a loyalist to his party and a traitor to this country and everything it stands for we’d probably need a different type of punishment.

Something where he’d have to live through everything he’s put on the backs of working class people. Maybe also be required to wear a sign around his neck with everything he voted for and didn’t vote for printed on it while walking through the communities he’s helped rape and pillage throughout the years.

Suggestions are welcome.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I am actually surprised he gave you a chance to talk and not shout you down when you brought up his small business and unions.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Yeah, been there.

Sometimes it's just easier to say things like, "Yeah! Guns are bad! 20 dollars minimum wage!"

Otherwise life just gets complicated.

Leftists can be nice people as long as you don't disagree with them.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I know wouldn't life be so much easier if we all thought exactly like you did? /quirked eyebrow

The nerve of some people not to recognize your brilliance and just agree with you on everything, all the time because they see life differently than you.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

How about locked in a room for a week listening to trump speeches 24 hours a day.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah, been there.

Sometimes it's just easier to say things like, "Yeah! Guns are bad! 20 dollars minimum wage!"

Otherwise life just gets complicated.

Leftists can be nice people as long as you don't disagree with them.

The funniest part came hours later when he was blackout drunk and unable to complete a full sentence and telling me, "You know, you don't seem so clever to me."

Pretty much out of nowhere. Seems to me that over 30 years of enjoying humanity has shown me that if you are a leftist you may not know why you are - other than your family is - and that you love thinking your are the best grape in the bunch.

To me, at my age, the guy was just some guy that rented a house and was on wife number 4 with a whole string of children that he said no longer communicate with him for this reason or that.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Tiger King is always a funny conversation to have with people.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I just agree with people like him, and add fuel to their hate by declaring, "If it wasn't for Russians, Hillary would be our President!"

Since guys/gals like him are losers on the losing side, no need to argue with them. Instead, Increase their internal anger/hate, and they might self-destruct!

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I don’t know about putting a bullet in his face. That’s letting him off way too easy. For someone who takes delight in being a loyalist to his party and a traitor to this country and everything it stands for we’d probably need a different type of punishment.

Something where he’d have to live through everything he’s put on the backs of working class people. Maybe also be required to wear a sign around his neck with everything he voted for and didn’t vote for printed on it while walking through the communities he’s helped rape and pillage throughout the years.

Suggestions are welcome.

To be honest, I am not a McConnell fan either. His wife and him have made huge amounts of money off of their business with China. I would like to see him lose his seat to someone that is more interested in helping American businesses out. However, to me his stupidity pales in comparison to folk like Pelosi, Schumer, and Warren...or practically any national or local or state elected Democrat.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I know wouldn't life be so much easier if we all thought exactly like you did? /quirked eyebrow

The nerve of some people not to recognize your brilliance and just agree with you on everything, all the time because they see life differently than you.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Just imagine the sweet convo you could have with him about voting for a pedophile rapist! That's gotta be worth at least a two-four!

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Dude I just met:
"I #ing hate McConnell. I would put a #ing bullet in his face."

Me: if I was drinking
What state is he from ?

Dude I haven’t met :
Long silence zzzz
Montana ?

Me
Yup

Dude I just met:
"Because he votes against unions all the time.

Me:
Goddamn Cowboys ! Do you like horses ?

Dude I just met:
"Yes."

Me:
It’s nice to have something in common .
I hear Mitch likes turtles .

Dude I just met giving me a weird look .
Turtles ?

Me
Yup

Dude I just met looking at me like I had lost my mind.
What the hell are you talking about ?

Me
Turtles .
Hand me a beer .

Dude I just met :
“ Crickets “ Because he still not sure what’s going on .
He gives me a beer anyway.

Me:
Just #ing with you man .
Let’s talk about something else . Lol

Dude:
( chuckling ) Asshole

Me:
Yup
Do you think there’s going to be a football season this year ?

Don’t think I’m kidding about that either. I’m a real smart ass but my delivery usually gets a laugh .

edit on 6-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Calling out a leech like McConnell has nothing to do with a different point of view. Trash is trash.

I’m proud to not be grouped in with the people defending this traitorous scum. I’m sure you see it differently. I wouldn’t expect anything else.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I am with you, but this guy is a good pal of a really old pal of mine. Tried hard to not be a dick for that reason alone.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Suggestions are welcome.

Would you do the same for Hillary? Put her in a foreign outpost that's been threatened for months, asking for help and not getting any, then sitting in the situation room watching while she was being tortured and killed by terrorists?

If not, you're a hypocrite. If so, you're just as demented as she is. What McConnell has done in the Senate is nothing compared to what Hillary has done to destroy people's lives.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I’ve had similar exchanges like that on different subjects . I wouldn’t be trying to piss him off I would be going for a laugh .

I wish I had a nickel for every time I’ve defused a tense situation with a little humor .

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

However, to me his stupidity pales in comparison to folk like Pelosi, Schumer, and Warren...or practically any national or local or state elected Democrat.

Stupidity is stupidity.

And I don’t think any of it should be given a pass because other politicians may be worse.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Suggestions are welcome.

Would you do the same for Hillary? Put her in a foreign outpost that's been threatened for months, asking for help and not getting any, then sitting in the situation room watching while she was being tortured and killed by terrorists?

If not, you're a hypocrite. If so, you're just as demented as she is. What McConnell has done in the Senate is nothing compared to what Hillary has done to destroy people's lives.

I say we bring back the old custom of everyone in the country voting for a few people to be literally ostracized and thrown out of society once a year. We can do Hillary and McConnell on the first draft.

You guys need to stop thinking in black and white. A lot of us see reality. Where Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, McConnell, Joe Biden are all the same thing and working for the same people.

They keep you and everyone on the other side fighting each other so you don’t come for them.

That’s what this is. If anyone tries to tell you different, they have an agenda.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join