It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: Police Takedown Girl Dressed As A Star Wars Cosplayer Stormtrooper

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Female employee doing a promotional for "May the 4th be with you" is taken down by some real dumb ass police in Canada. Guess they gave her a bloody nose because why not?

Are cops really this stupid? Even after seeing the plastic blaster they still threaten, make her get on her belly and cuff her...... why?

Crap like this is why people are on the watch for police abuses and moronic decisions.

calgarysun.com...

The Lethbridge Police Service has started an internal investigation after officers drew their guns on a teenager dressed as a Star Wars stormtrooper carrying a toy gun.

The person was a 19-year-old female employee of Coco Vanilla Galactic Cantina, a Star Wars-themed restaurant, according to business owner Bradley Whalen. The teen was holding a prop plastic gun as part of her costume.

Girl dressed up as a stormtrooper on may4th facing 3 cops with weapons drawn. You can hear her sobbing.

+3 more 
posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

There are so many things that are wrong with what happened here.

However, what really struck me as an indication that we are the end of times was her workplace.

Coco Vanilla Galactic Cantina is an actual operating business?

We're doomed as a species..

edit on 5-5-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Female employee doing a promotional for "May the 4th be with you" is taken down by some real dumb ass police in Canada. Guess they gave her a bloody nose because why not?

Are cops really this stupid? Even after seeing the plastic blaster they still threaten, make her get on her belly and cuff her...... why?

Crap like this is why people are on the watch for police abuses and moronic decisions.

calgarysun.com...

The Lethbridge Police Service has started an internal investigation after officers drew their guns on a teenager dressed as a Star Wars stormtrooper carrying a toy gun.

The person was a 19-year-old female employee of Coco Vanilla Galactic Cantina, a Star Wars-themed restaurant, according to business owner Bradley Whalen. The teen was holding a prop plastic gun as part of her costume.

Girl dressed up as a stormtrooper on may4th facing 3 cops with weapons drawn. You can hear her sobbing.

I heard that she fired her blaster several times, yet hit nothing.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Yeah it is funny that they didn't understand what was going on, but as for the use of Force, I am afraid I saw little to no use of force.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

It could also have been a fairly cynical attempt to get press exposure for the business (hey officer, I was just using the force).

But the police do appear to have been stupid and heavy handed.

edit on 5/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
...yeah, I think staring down the barrel of an MP5, as a threat of violence, is probably enough.

Did these guys overreact? Maybe not initially... but they went too far with it.

It's Canada... the Shangri La of anti-gun North America.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I always suspected that, the Resistance force aimed at the Galactic Empire was Canadian lead.

It explains Wookies, Ewoks and overly apologetic Skywalkers. All Canadians.

We are with you, Canada!

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Storm Troopers are no joke...

It is best to use full force on them...SWAT is better.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I would imagine if she was dressed as Batman it would have been a more positive outcome with high fives and fist bumps.
Assholes!
www.youtube.com...

edit on 2020-04-03 by skybandit because: link

edit on 2020-04-03 by skybandit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Originally posted by Lumenari
There are so many things that are wrong with what happened here.

However, what really struck me as an indication that we are the end of times was her workplace

Coco Vanilla Galactic Cantina is an actual operating business?

We're doomed as a species..

What's wrong with her workplace…???

- JC

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Or, IF SHE JUST HAD A THERMAL DETONATOR......in her palm......

It worked onJabba the Hut

a reply to: skybandit

edit on 5-5-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
There is a store/restaurant with galactica on it, those cops are from that town. They should have seen that gun was a plastic gun and just walked up to the person. I cannot see them pulling their guns. I can see them getting called, but their overreaction was uncalled for.

Now, the person taking the pictures, why did they not say anything? It seems like they are moving around a lot to take those pictures. Why isn't the guy at the place saying anything, if it was my employee, I would be out there talking to the cops. Something is weird about this one.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Canada s a cess pool of corruption....Police can murder you on the street any time they want arbitrarily with zero worries of being held accountable legally in any ways shapes nor forms.....its fu#@ing sickening already.....I know of a guy who just, pulled over to sleep on the side of the Highway on his way home on Emergency leave from his Job who was woken p unceremoniously and then shot 16 fu#@ing times ….for not obeying verbal commands….no other reason....murdered in cold blood on the way to meet his new baby for the first time...this is someone in my bigger circle …...Leos guilty as sin were protected by a conjob group called ALERT a group of Leos who investigate serious lethal potential wrongdoing by other Leos...imagine that......Canada is a cess pool....hope springs eternal...but right now its a cess pool....once America has things cleaned up at home they need to fix Canada to....only 38 million people...the USA can clean up the trash running Canada any time they want to...we will patiently wait to be freed from our bondage an will forever be gratefull….and owe the USA one.

When you cannot get impartial Investigations and when you cannot SUE THE ASSES off of the Police or Government for wrongdoing which you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT DO IN CANADA...well then you are a Prisoner...with no Geneva Convention behind you.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Are cops really this stupid?

Cops are a sampling of the general population. So yes, a lot of them are exactly this stupid.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I don’t know what’s more stupid, the action of the police or that someone called it in.

Ignorant people ruin it for everyone.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Are cops really this stupid?

Cops are a sampling of the general population. So yes, a lot of them are exactly this stupid.

The USAF had very high enlistment standards when I served...

Yet, I still convinced a kid to call his home state government... to make sure his birth certificate hadn't expired.

So... yeah.
edit on 5-5-2020 by madmac5150 because: VSF!

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There is a store/restaurant with galactica on it, those cops are from that town. They should have seen that gun was a plastic gun and just walked up to the person. I cannot see them pulling their guns. I can see them getting called, but their overreaction was uncalled for.

Now, the person taking the pictures, why did they not say anything? It seems like they are moving around a lot to take those pictures. Why isn't the guy at the place saying anything, if it was my employee, I would be out there talking to the cops. Something is weird about this one.

The cops yelled at him to go back inside. As for the one filming in the beginning, I wonder if that’s who called it in. Maybe as a joke gone wrong.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
She was taking classes to become a cop. I wonder if she just changed her mind

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Wow. Those are some really stupid cops. Which is saying something if you know anything about how they are hired in the first place.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
Yes!
Imagine it was Leia in the storm trooper digs?
The Rebel alliance would not be happy

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join