It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My life in quarantine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It's been almost a week now.

The bride and one of the sons got fevers last week. Aches, pains, they just slept a lot, took tylenol, drank plenty of fluids. The fevers lasted 3 days, knocked down with tylenol, but only for a short time. They got better, and are feeling better.

Here's the kicker.

I never got sick, neither did our youngest son.

So what do we do?

Hmmf.

I took the responsible position and reported it to my betters. What could I do? I was asymptomatic with it but because I did a little visit to Africa a few years ago I also spent about 18 months on chloroquinine because I had malaria.

So that's me.

So there we are. The docs would like us all tested, especially me, but since I'm asymptomatic, and the "state" has issued guidelines on who is to be tested, I can't get tested.

The "state" is determining medical decisions.

I'm still busy at (home office) work, the bills are paid, the booze is flowing and the work still comes into my home office, so this isn't a whine, neither is it a brag. It just is.

It's frustrating. Probably be this way until the 15th of this month. I can easily just return to work, won't have to grocery shop by email, will be able to go outside and mingle with other people, but they won't test.

The only testing they are doing is for people that need to be hospitalized.

People like me, asymptomatic, people like my little bride who were miserable for a few days?

Nah.

This is my real life. . . on-going drama.

It's not MSM, there is no drama, just real people being stopped from doing what they'd like to do because government has said so.

So this is an honest, real life story of this stupid, effing crap-virus.

No jokes about running out of booze this time. (I have plenty)

And meat. Though my neighbors may not be answering their doors.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They heard you were stocking up on fava beans and nice chianti .

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

If you're at home who will mind the Gunthers, feed them, water them, and clean their cages?

Do you have a sitter?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So, this gives a whole new meaning to meating the neighbors.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

If you're at home who will mind the Gunthers, feed them, water them, and clean their cages?

Do you have a sitter?

I verbally berate my Gunthers daily through Skype.

I do everything through Skype now.

I hate Skype.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Government agents will show up, and abduct you to study your immunity.

You, and your youngest must escape... quickly.

If they do get a hold you you... feign sickness. If that doesn't help, promise to vote Democrat.

May you fare well, on your journey.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Tell them you want tested for the Murder Hornets and subject yourself to the wrong test “on accident” as a possibility?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Tell them you want tested for the Murder Hornets and subject yourself to the wrong test “on accident” as a possibility?

#MurderHornets2020

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Is this deja vu? I thought you got sick and self-quarantined like last month? Got better then went back to work?

I think I asked you in that thread if you ever got tested, so did you?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Tests dont work anyway. Goats and PawPaw fruit are testing positive. Have a drinko de mayo and keep on keepin on.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
pics or it didn't happen
2nd

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Is this deja vu? I thought you got sick and self-quarantined like last month? Got better then went back to work?

I think I asked you in that thread if you ever got tested, so did you?

Last time was a seasonal thing.

This time they say is Covid.

But I can't get tested because I'm asymptomatic.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
pics or it didn't happen
2nd

Me in my mask

Here's a picture of my Weiner

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Damn bro. I feel for you and your fam.

I can honestly tell it’s time for Quarantini’s!

I’m buying for EVERYONE!!! 🍸 🍸 🍸

FBS

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Ever ate a Paw Paw? One or two is alright but you are not going to eat three or four in a row. It is kinda like a banana custard. Really good then just too much quickly. You will feel like you got something alright.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Cooked a marinated tri-tip tonight, finishing it off with a sassy little Merlot tonight, then watching, "Bloodshot" on the pay-per-view.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The answer to everything is : Chocolate.

……………..and 42.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Sell me some of your blood.

Stick it in the empty merlot bottle and post it to me here at Castle Vlad .

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: KKLOCO

Cooked a marinated tri-tip tonight, finishing it off with a sassy little Merlot tonight, then watching, "Bloodshot" on the pay-per-view.

Let the warriors eat, sleep and be plentiful. For we never know, when they must be awakened again.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It's been almost a week now.

The bride and one of the sons got fevers last week. Aches, pains, they just slept a lot, took tylenol, drank plenty of fluids. The fevers lasted 3 days, knocked down with tylenol, but only for a short time. They got better, and are feeling better.

Here's the kicker.

I never got sick, neither did our youngest son.

So what do we do?

Hmmf.

I took the responsible position and reported it to my betters. What could I do? I was asymptomatic with it but because I did a little visit to Africa a few years ago I also spent about 18 months on chloroquinine because I had malaria.

So that's me.

So there we are. The docs would like us all tested, especially me, but since I'm asymptomatic, and the "state" has issued guidelines on who is to be tested, I can't get tested.

The "state" is determining medical decisions.

I'm still busy at (home office) work, the bills are paid, the booze is flowing and the work still comes into my home office, so this isn't a whine, neither is it a brag. It just is.

It's frustrating. Probably be this way until the 15th of this month. I can easily just return to work, won't have to grocery shop by email, will be able to go outside and mingle with other people, but they won't test.

The only testing they are doing is for people that need to be hospitalized.

People like me, asymptomatic, people like my little bride who were miserable for a few days?

Nah.

This is my real life. . . on-going drama.

It's not MSM, there is no drama, just real people being stopped from doing what they'd like to do because government has said so.

So this is an honest, real life story of this stupid, effing crap-virus.

No jokes about running out of booze this time. (I have plenty)

I can sympathize. My wife and I were in Italy from Feb 10 to Feb 27, on a combination sight seeing and skiing vacation. By the time we realized there was a problem and were able to get the first flight home, we had spent a week right in the middle of the hot zone. We arrived home with sniffles and mild sinus conditions. We asked the doctor for a referral to get tested and were told no. In retrospect, there were several reasons for that. First, there were not anywhere near enough tests for the infection available, so they had to ration them for only the most important cases. Second, there were no specific treatments for COVID19 identified at the time, so there was no particular benefit to the patient for testing positive--they weren't going to treat you any differently whether you had the virus or not. The main benefit of testing patients with "hard" symptoms is for the health care team--they need to know which precautions to take to keep themselves healthy.

At that time, the CDC was the only supplier of tests and they were the ones controlling who got tests and who didn't. Today, individual states and regional governments are allowed to perform their own tests, but they get to decide who gets them and who doesn't. In most cases, they still don't have enough tests to test anyone who wants one (regardless of what Mike Pence said). However, there are now starting to be available blood tests to determine whether you ever had the virus, which is more relevant to your case and mine.

With any kind of luck, we should soon be able to know whether we can get out and about safely.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join