It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats stall on small business recovery, then demand to know why it's late getting out. Derp.

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Schumer, the Senate minority leader, tweeted that the “Senate needs to hear from Dr. Fauci, Dr. Brix, Sec. Mnuchin. We need to know why so many small businesses have had trouble getting loans. We need to know why unemployment insurance checks are failing to get to workers. We need to know we still don’t have enough tests!”

You can't make this stuff up. It's like Schumer ins't capable of remembering Pelosi's little tantrum a few weeks ago, where she held up the aid package. This is the leadership that we as a nation put in charge. They aren't smart enough to realize when they cause trouble, it tends to have ramifications. Perhaps a child will come along and explain it to them. So much Derp.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Someone should respond to his tweet with #It'sPelosi'sFault.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The Dems held up the package to get useless pork put in it, like millions to a performing arts center and then have the nerve to form a committee on wasteful spending.

" So much Derp" - The Democrat leaders in a nutshell.
edit on 5-5-2020 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The package was dog shi* sold as salvation.

If anyone is wondering why small businesses aren't seeing it, it's because large companies took it all.

Trillions down the drain in something that bought time and nothing more.

When we "open" up, people will see the damage done... There will be no sugar coating it. Massive defaults, vendors reporting huge losses due to not being paid. We'll see ripples for years to come.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The whole package was pretty much useless pork.
edit on 5-5-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If anyone is wondering why small businesses aren't seeing it, it's because large companies took it all.

Right ? The guy I work for tried twice to get a loan through this . No dice. The bigger companies had got it all. I read this morning about a restaurant that's been in business for over 60 years having to permanently close because they couldn't stay afloat in all this BS.

Our "leaders" can't stop squabbling long enough to pull their heads outta their asses to save ours.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Hey atleast the media is starting to report about the economic hardships that are on their way. This means that all the geniuses that need to be alerted to common sense will ssoon start realizing what those simps that got straight C's in grade school have known for weeks.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

what those simps that got straight C's in grade school have known for weeks

I feel personally attacked 🤣

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

It's bad in every which way, all of it.

It's sad really, I'm looking for a win where we can just say "well we did that really f-ing well, we aced the sh* out of ______".

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Right ? The guy I work for tried twice to get a loan through this . No dice. The bigger companies had got it all. I read this morning about a restaurant that's been in business for over 60 years having to permanently close because they couldn't stay afloat in all this BS.

Our "leaders" can't stop squabbling long enough to pull their heads outta their asses to save ours.

Round 1 of the PPP was a disaster. I applied through Bank of America and nothing happened. My application was in limbo. Round 2 went much smoother, and we were funded earlier this week, so small companies are getting the funds this go around.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The package was dog shi* sold as salvation.

Trillions down the drain in something that bought time and nothing more.

When we "open" up, people will see the damage done... There will be no sugar coating it. Massive defaults, vendors reporting huge losses due to not being paid. We'll see ripples for years to come.

i think the worst part is that we are all helpless in what we can do about all this. Not much, is the answer I keep coming up with. I get the fear the old folks have, and I wonder of they realize the fear we have of not being able to earn our living how we used to do. At some point, the different classes of folks will need to adapt to the new norm. And I have no idea what the "new norm" might look like. yet another reason to be irritated.

And then trying to reconcile being a conservative and looking at the spending going on.

It's bizzaro world to be sure.

But I agree, this will be bad for many years to come, I just hope we have some good leadership to pull us out of this punch bowl full of turds.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

think the worst part is that we are all helpless in what we can do about all this. Not much, is the answer I keep coming up with.

I asked myself the same question.

The answer I came up with is on a large scale, nothing... But on a small scale, for myself, I can at least plan and work on my space (just home for now).

That's probably the case all the time though. I can't change anyone or any large scale thing, only myself.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The problem is they are not stupid, they know what they are doing and it’s calculated.
They cause issues that can be later blamed on the administration, they kept us busy watching the outcome of a sham impeachment while China’s wrestling a pandemic.
Then they blame Trump for not doing anything quick enough for a outbreak that was already here.

What are the two things Trump spoke highly about before all of this?

1. Low employment rate
2. A strong economy

Both of those thing were gone in one week, open your eyes, that is not a coincidence.

Was this virus created in a lab? Probably not, but it was being studied in one at Wuhan from a natural source, and we can not be sure it was not released on purpose to push an agenda.

Fauci’s “surprise outbreak” was predicted for the current administration. How many ways does he need to say it to know that this outbreak was planned? They will kill for their agenda and I know it may be hard to believe by some, but we are expendable to these people. The death of us is just collateral damage to them. We are just a workforce that is easily born and replaced.

edit on 5-5-2020 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join