It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researcher Killed In Murder-Suicide Was Close To ‘Making Very Significant Findings’ in CV

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: M4ngo

No motives yet.

If Gu is international, it's likely the RossPD and Allegheny County detectives were waiting to notify next of kin before his name was released.
Any of your guesses are as good as any at this point.

Link Den..
www.linkedin.com...

Edit: doesn't look like the same guy, but...
Carnegie Mellon university has a campus in San Francisco too. Near NASA.

edit on 5-5-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
My thoughts on this are we will have to wait for information, so much money is spent on older people, myself included, that conspiracy may or may not be present, however this epidemic was waiting to happen, i think the answer to all questions is in China, that has the largest older population of all due to numbers.
I wonder if it is possible to discover if genetic engineering has been done on the virus or any evidence it was cultured in a lab?
It will be many months before we know the answer, i don't expect a conspiracy, but i could be wrong.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

A second man, who police say knew Mr. Liu but did not identify, was found nearby in his car with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. This all occurred around midnight.

Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that he waited until after he left the home to kill himself in his car rather than do it straight away? To me that doesn't make sense

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

He was close enough that someone felt it was time for him to get rubbed out.

If this suicide victim was Chinese and had family back in China, then it's looking like a conspiracy to me. If your family is at risk in communist China, then a suicide assassin is conceivable.

Yup. The disposable assassin. That's how you clean up lose ends. I seriously doubt the local PD is going to look deep into this.

This is getting booked as murdercide and kept moving.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

He was close enough that someone felt it was time for him to get rubbed out.

If this suicide victim was Chinese and had family back in China, then it's looking like a conspiracy to me. If your family is at risk in communist China, then a suicide assassin is conceivable.

Yup. The disposable assassin. That's how you clean up lose ends. I seriously doubt the local PD is going to look deep into this.

This is getting booked as murdercide and kept moving.

Interesting, the murderer that committed suicide was Chinese. How did I guess that?

This corona virus conspiracy is just too easy, you don't even have to dig very deep for confirmation, it's all there. The U.S. developing a gain of function corona virus, jobbing it out to the Chinese, blaming the communist government to cover up our involvement after it escapes containment, Anthony Fauci's history and the misinformation he's been issuing, all these clues available so near the surface.

I do admit that the most reasonable info is hard to weed out of all the conflicting reports, but it's not buried very deep. Almost every person I've talked to (relatives and co-workers) have picked up on most of these "loose ends" they keep sweeping under the rug.
edit on 6-5-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You are on top of things, Bigburgh!

Awesome research and it verifies what I believe could be reasoning behind the murder.
Someone probably found his work, didn't like it, and paid his "friend" to take him out.

Conveniently suicided himself so as to not raise suspicion.
The Chinese, Americans, heck every security gov't agency have plants or "moles" in place to watch scientists and researchers who are digging to deep. There are numerous accounts of people befriending others for years just to stay close and then in the end, narc them out.

Nothing is shocking anymore.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: seeker1963
Governor Newsom, makes a 1 Billion dollar deal with Chinese Company for N 95 masks and refuses to divulge the deal.

Wonder if those N-95 masks will arrive pre-tainted with COVID-19 like their nasal test kits were.

Were they? Cite your sources, please.

Like you really care: Link

I care when someone is lying. I believe your Fearless Leader refers to that as 'Fake News'.
From your source..."DOH officials believe there is no health risk to patients, as the VTM does not come in contact with patients during a COVID-19 test. Testing completed today at UW Medicine has indicated that the quality issues observed in the small number of the VTM tubes did not impact COVID-19 test results."

So why do you feel the need to lie about this?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
my big question about this case is
how do they know he was close to a breakthrough?
i mean, that's the thing about breakthroughs, isn't it? you don't know you're going to have one, you just have to work and work, and then maybe it happens, or maybe you toil for years on the wrong path entirely.
just seems like odd emotionalising of the event, you know? like they want it to have more weight.
which you gotta admit, doesn't really fit with the whole illuminutty sweep it under the rug m.o. does it?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I thought I should point out that the murder victim, Bing Liu, was shot in the head, neck and torso, a sloppy job for a professional if he was assassinated. That doesn't necessarily mean that the murderer wasn't an assassin, it could mean who ever ordered the hit wanted it to look unprofessional and unrelated to Bing's research.
edit on 6-5-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Something interesting I came across while thinking of it being a HIT and that the Confucius Insititute's that are run by the CCP in the US universities!

The University of Pittsburgh is in fact associated with the it's counter part in China where? WUHAN!

List of Confucius Institutes in US

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Thanks

I knew Pitt has a lab that's been a secret, no secret kind of thing.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Thanks

I knew Pitt has a lab that's been a secret, no secret kind of thing.

Only reason I put it together was I was aware of the FBI and State Department investigating the CCP using our Universities thru their Confucius Institutes.

I would say it is about time to shut these cooperative agreements between our Universities and the CCP down!

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Good info thanks.
www.ucis.pitt.edu...

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The very significant findings were most certainly where the virus came from...

He followed the genetic trail (mutations).

I don't know too much about genetics, but I imagine with the right programme you should be able to figure where the virus came from.

In another thread someone mentioned Russia.... I'm thinking a 3rd country, that is being very quite, playing it's cards slowly and waiting for the old powers to shred each other....

Stay safe,

Sam

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Did either of the men have a wife or girlfriend? After we rule out an affair or something similar it will be easier to narrow the motive list and possibilities behind the case.

We also know very little about the two crime scenes. What was the condition of the alleged murder victim's home? What was he wearing? What were his most recent phone calls and financial transactions? Most recent out of state travel? Same applies to the alleged murderer-suicider. What was the condition of the scene? The vehicle? What was he wearing? Most recent phone calls and financial transactions? Most recent out of state travel?

Was there signs of a struggle?

Without knowing the answers to these questions we cannot dig beneath the surface. Furthermore, the extreme lack of details being made public also warrants suspicion.
edit on 5/6/2020 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
***UPDATE***

www.wpxi.com...

Ross Township police released this....

Our investigation of the circumstances surrounding the deaths of Bing Liu and Hao Gu indicates that the actions that took place on Saturday May 2, 2020, was the result of a lengthy dispute regarding an intimate partner.

We have found zero evidence that this tragic event has anything to do with employment at the University of Pittsburgh, any work being conducted at the University of Pittsburgh and the current health crisis affecting the United States and the world.

Due to the fact that the individuals involved are not United States citizens and in accordance with long-standing protocol, our review has been forwarded to federal authorities."

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

So 2 Chinese Nationals aye?

Forwarded to the Feds, I won't hold my breath on that one. Pretty much have zero faith in the FBI actually upholding the law anymore.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

After reading up on the info you gave and this to back it.
www.foxnews.com...

I won't hold my breath either.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
the guy who was shot dead had a wife they had no kids...I don't know about the shooter who shot him and then himself

originally posted by: M4ngo
Did either of the men have a wife or girlfriend? After we rule out an affair or something similar it will be easier to narrow the motive list and possibilities behind the case.

We also know very little about the two crime scenes. What was the condition of the alleged murder victim's home? What was he wearing? What were his most recent phone calls and financial transactions? Most recent out of state travel? Same applies to the alleged murderer-suicider. What was the condition of the scene? The vehicle? What was he wearing? Most recent phone calls and financial transactions? Most recent out of state travel?

Was there signs of a struggle?

Without knowing the answers to these questions we cannot dig beneath the surface. Furthermore, the extreme lack of details being made public also warrants suspicion.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Ghidra.

Wonder what it helped him find.

www.youtube.com...

Welcome to the NewAge World.
edit on 6-5-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join