It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN sends Trump campaign cease-and-desist letter for misleading ad

page: 1

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   
CNN wants the Trump campaign to cease-and-desist using their coverage in an ad.

A lawyer for CNN's parent company WarnerMedia has written a cease-and-desist letter to President Trump's re-election campaign over the misleading contents of a new campaign ad.

WarnerMedia says the Trump ad is misusing CNN news coverage in a way that's "false, misleading and deceptive."

To me the ad is a bit misleading, but this is pretty typical of campaign ads. The amusing thing is that CNN is upset that somebody is using their coverage in a "false, misleading, and deceptive" way. Meanwhile, all over the planet, CNN continues to air their false, misleading, and deceptive coverage of just about everything. They've repeatedly been misleading with their editing of Trump specifically and with selective exclusion of context.

While CNN chokes down this nice tall glass of "how does it feel" I'm hopeful their seething hatred will generate more entertainment. Maybe next they'll file a trademark infringement LAWLsuit for his exaggeration and use of hyperbole. They can't have people stealing their bread and butter.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe OMG wtf people are listening to CIA sending BS to POTUS,damn people are so easily extracted,how many know he called in all troops last week? wake the hell up,quit watching nonsense,then expect a sensible answer

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

I wasn't called in.

+1 more 
posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   
PFFFFTTTT hahahahahahaha awww pooor CNN! Here let me go grab my violin...give me a sec...its kinda hard to find...you see, its really really really tiny....

+1 more 
posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

The same CNN that just emerged from the bunker?

lol

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: Ksihkehe OMG wtf people are listening to CIA sending BS to POTUS,damn people are so easily extracted,how many know he called in all troops last week? wake the hell up,quit watching nonsense,then expect a sensible answer

I wish I knew if you were agreeing with me, accusing me, or just having a stroke.

Can you tell me which letter corresponds to the response that makes the most sense? I'll edit accordingly.

A) Thanks for your support.
B) You're most certainly wrong, good day sir!
C) Speedy recovery, get well soon.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Ha!! Choke on that fat one CNN!

Gotta love the hypocrisy coming from the liberal media. Epic fail on their part...again
edit on 5 5 2020 by BerkshireEntity because: sp

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The trump campaign is going to use the medias own tactics on them. The media will try to do what trump does but due to their ineptness it will backfire as usual. Who actually considers cnn "news" these days besides brainwashed liberal elities?

It's a g damn joke

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

Only the liberal media has hypocrisy?
Funny how many who watch Fox news will call CNN mainstream propaganda but completely ignore that fox is their Republican counterpart.
edit on 5-5-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BerkshireEntity
The trump campaign is going to use the medias own tactics on them. The media will try to do what trump does but due to their ineptness it will backfire as usual. Who actually considers cnn "news" these days besides brainwashed liberal elities?

It's a g damn joke

There's a ying and yang necessary in all things.

Ya gotta read the news...to talk about the news.

I need MSM to know what's up. Watch alt and liberal media as well.

If you aren't? You don't really know how they are all the way around. I watch them all...2 secs...then go off-mainstream...and make up my own damn mind....

If we don't scan, search, seek out all angles...then...

“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” — Stephen Covey

And Mr. T. and the media will always play like this...back and forth

edit on 5-5-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

It's a g damn joke

There's also a yin. Don't forget that one.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Isn't this a play out of Trump's own playbook? Doesn't he sue everyone for using his own words in ads?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12
I trust no media cnn, nbc,fox or otherwise, I just look at everything and try my best to disseminate what the truth is.
I think that's all anyone can do these days because of fake news everywhere. Although some definitely put more fake news then others, each media corporation still has their own agenda or answering to some higher influence over them.

Real journalism and facts are getting more absent from the media each day.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

CNN sends Trump campaign cease-and-desist letter for misleading ad

CNN sends Trump campaign a feeble , futile , and ignorant cease-and-desist letter for non - misleading ad
The reason ?
They never got over the fact that their 2016 campaign for Barry Soetoro for President failed.

edit on 5/5/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
More often than not, these news outlets rely on the sheep not to due any due diligence. Its happens here quite often. Someone will post a story with a giant slant to it, and within hours or days it can be debunked(or confirmed) usually by doing a little investigation and reading/watching of media online. A lot of the time, these news outlets cherry pick parts of statements and then push a narrative, and it takes very little to bust them at that game....unless orange man bad, then its screw facts.
edit on 5-5-2020 by BoscoMoney because: Meh

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Aha.

Ahahahahahahahaha!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

CNN... wants someone to not say misleading things? What, are they claiming patent rights on misleading information now?

You know, I might have been a little harsh on Trump for running a misleading ad (although the premise is accurate, the editing is somewhat deceptive), but the fact that he just exposed the blatant hypocrisy of CNN for the world to see (again) kinda makes up for it.

Cry me a river, CNN.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What a great ad, suck it CNN.

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
CNN wants the Trump campaign to cease-and-desist using their coverage in an ad.

A lawyer for CNN's parent company WarnerMedia has written a cease-and-desist letter to President Trump's re-election campaign over the misleading contents of a new campaign ad.

WarnerMedia says the Trump ad is misusing CNN news coverage in a way that's "false, misleading and deceptive."

To me the ad is a bit misleading, but this is pretty typical of campaign ads. The amusing thing is that CNN is upset that somebody is using their coverage in a "false, misleading, and deceptive" way. Meanwhile, all over the planet, CNN continues to air their false, misleading, and deceptive coverage of just about everything. They've repeatedly been misleading with their editing of Trump specifically and with selective exclusion of context.

While CNN chokes down this nice tall glass of "how does it feel" I'm hopeful their seething hatred will generate more entertainment. Maybe next they'll file a trademark infringement LAWLsuit for his exaggeration and use of hyperbole. They can't have people stealing their bread and butter.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

It's a g damn joke

There's also a yin. Don't forget that one.

Ah, yes. The fence sitter. The yin "of center" yeilds a bit both ways...

The gray between light and dark, black and white

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

False, misleading, deceptive .. sounds right on the money for CNN.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
poor CNN ..

It really is disheartening to see there Journalistic integrity just evaporate before our very eyes , they have always leaned left but now they just live on a pile of Hypocrisy and lies relying on there Blind leftist to prop them up and believe what ever they preach.

The First Amendment freedom of Speech of Press, it was the First one our leaders wrote that is of the upmost importance , it would give me a since of Pride as a Journalist to know our country was built on a foundation of Free Journalistic Integrity .

Alas I'm not a journalist and Alas CNN could give two #s about Integrity.

top topics

join