It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid and the American Revolution 2.0 and the moving of goal posts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I just had an amusing thought, with regard to how every move seems to backfire in the past years.

Think of the concept of authoritarianism and how in the past it was a factor of the number of people willing to "take up arms" and fight the establishment. That was a high mark with likely a low percentage of people willing to do it.

Now, in a grand fashion, the government has seemed to take the concept of the "people vs .gov" and move the goalposts drastically......way outside of their favor. It's another classic example of a "checkmate" ending up in the opponent wiping the board.

The "degree" of opposition that once required the "people" to move against impending authoritarianism has moved from armed extremist factions fighting the government too...........

Walking on the god damn beach.......

They went so hard and so far to "test the waters" and extend their authority, but found that moving the goal post from fringe armed patriotism to "taking your daughter for ice cream" seemed to open up wide swaths of the population(across social, political and ideological lines) that as usual, their "master move" turned out to be a big runny # in their depends diapers.

A few years ago, "bucking" the government was talk of raising arms and routing the "evil doers". Now, it's nothing more than a walk on the beach. They've literally increased their opponent 10 fold........

These people are morons....

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I realize many might not bother with the OP, so in summation.

When you go so far as to go from "armed country hicks" bucking the government to a guy in the city that wants to ride a local bike trail.

You are creating a whole new facet of enemy and only emboldening your opposition.

These people have no strategy.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think the whole point of the covid scare and subsequent lockdowns was to get the masses ready for the new normal. Remember the term floating around a few years ago--useless breeders?...Kinda sounds a little like non-essential workers don't it?

It's brilliant. So many people think they're livin' la vida loca and loving their government stipends coming via direct deposit while they don't have to earn an honest wage.

Little do they know they've just sold their souls.

Expect more masks, more gloves, more plexiglass shields, and more dirty looks from all directions. Expect more people embracing the gilded shackles government loves to adorn us with.

Things won't ever be the same as before. This is to get people used to the idea of a brave new future where the common man slumbers at home complacent, despirited, and totally dependent on our handsomest government representatives.

We have given up our agency and destiny.

This is not the world I helped to create.

edit on 5-5-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Hubris and complacency.
The very same that was present in 2015-16.
It somehow always seems to backfire at the worst times for these meddlers.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Unless, of course, “they” are playing the long game.

The public has been told that the lockdowns are necessary because the virus is so deadly. But they know that a significant portion of the public will resist their authority, even when couched in the fear of death by an incurable disease.

Use of force, although possible, would only result in mass casualties and an unpredictable civil situation requiring enormous amounts of resources over an extended period of “occupation”.

Solution: impose a “mild” form of control, just oppressive enough to encourage the most “volatile” segment(s) of society to rise up in resistance.

Then, appear to concede to the demands of those vocal “patriots”, allowing them, while they are still a minority, to believe that they have won for their ideology.

All while knowing, of course, that the death tolls will most certainly spike as the year progresses, and when it does, even if the spike is only a modest one, those same “patriots” can be made out as the scapegoats.

A public, again thrown into chaos and panic by the resurgence of the dread virus, will then be much easier to control and manipulate in return for promises of safety and protection.

And bonus; Once so “burned” the remaining populace will be far less likely to doubt the word of authority.
edit on 5-5-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The dumb ducks posing around with weapons are cosplaying.

Source

And, a very important comment:

The best thing going for America is that there is a direct inverse correlation between a desire to be a revolutionary militia and the ability to actually do it.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The Revolution is going to happen but not how you think.

There are groups of high priced lawyers that are getting ready to sue a number of states over nursing home deaths because some states with democrat governors did nothing at all to protect nursing home patients or staff from covid19.

In NY the governor and mayor did not allow nursing home patients to be transfused to the almost empty Javits center and even transfused some nursing home patients with covid19 from hospitals back to the nursing homes to infect more nursing home patients.

These lawyers plan million dollar lawsuits for EACH nursing home patient and family.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I like how somehow he slips Native American protesters and black children in at the end. He, like you, doesn't seem to understand the point of the subject he's responding to and as a result veered completely off topic.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I like how somehow he slips Native American protesters and black children in at the end. He, like you, doesn't seem to understand the point of the subject he's responding to and as a result veered completely off topic.

And you ignored all the important points he made. But this is not a new trick and I am not impressed.

There will be no revolution, because "there is a direct inverse correlation between a desire to be a revolutionary militia and the ability to actually do it."

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

And you ignored all the important points he made. But this is not a new trick and I am not impressed.

There will be no revolution, because "there is a direct inverse correlation between a desire to be a revolutionary militia and the ability to actually do it."

It's not a trick and I had no doubt it would fail to impress you, lol. He made points, some of which I agree with, that are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. So the real trick here is tossing a poorly outfitted militia wanna-be straw man into the mix when the topic is how the goalposts have moved from armed revolution to simple acts of ignoring authority.

There's no firehose or tear gas when people are peacefully enjoying the beach and the park. If those tactics are used, or attempted, I expect the revolution would actually be led by the police and military. In fact many LEO have already chosen a side and it's not the side of little dictator politicians.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Cant argue with someone who got their wokeness degree from twitter.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DietWoke

At what point does it end though?

What about those of us who are essential and keep working even if we're at home doing it?

This state of affairs cannot last forever, and they cannot mean for it to. Sooner or later, they have to let people out.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

The British certainly thought so too.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DietWoke

Expect more masks, more gloves, more plexiglass shields, and more dirty looks from all directions. Expect more people embracing the gilded shackles government loves to adorn us with

This will define us all. The mark of the beast 😷

I get dirty looks every time I go to the store. “There are no strings on me!”

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Cant argue with someone who got their wokeness degree from twitter.

Twitter
Lol
Mkay

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
I realize many might not bother with the OP, so in summation.

When you go so far as to go from "armed country hicks" bucking the government to a guy in the city that wants to ride a local bike trail.

You are creating a whole new facet of enemy and only emboldening your opposition.

These people have no strategy.

Then Trump says outright that he supports the protesting and the left has gone ape # over that.... The funny part is many of those protesting are in very blue states, so we can assume many are die hard Democrats in the protest.

edit on 5-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

join