It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami Beach closes park just five days after reopening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
"Not even a week since reopening, the city of Miami Beach closed the popular South Pointe Park back up after thousands of visitors failed to wear face coverings and social distance to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

The Miami Beach Police Department announced Monday that the park was closed until further notice after they issued 7,329 verbal face cover warnings and more than 470 warnings for failing to social distance between Friday and Sunday. Most of the violations were at South Pointe Park, according to MBPD."

www.cnn.com...

At this point I think we are going to see a lot of these scenarios playing out over the Spring and Summer sadly.

Maybe a better approach would be to try and separate beaches , parks , whatever into areas where no measures are taken and areas where people can take measures and then allow visitors to choose whatever they want with out repercussions. Similar to when you used to have smoking vs non-smoking sections. My guess is you would want some sort of buffer in between to keep confrontation down.

I dont think there is an easy solution to this that makes everyone happy but I think giving and taking away like this is just going to make it worse.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The "lord"(government) giveth and the lord taketh.

Insert "obey" image...

In a week or so, it won't matter, people will do what they want and the "consequences" of those actions will be theirs.

"Play nice or we'll take away the toys" doesn't work when most people hate/despise the government, especially the bulk of american's outside the megacities.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Nobody's gonna wear a mask on the beach, unless they're about to go snorkeling. It's unrealistic to expect it. Besides, the salt water, the sunshine are natural disinfectants. You're probably better off at the beach then at a church...Mask or no mask.

edit on 4-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Can we segregate the hospitals also.. those who refused to go by the rules can get treatment at hospital 1 if they need medical treatment, those who accepted them go to hospital 2?

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Masks outdoors?
In the sun and heat?
Are they insane??

I can see spacing people apart.
But masks for sunbathing??
Lunacy!
edit on Mon May 4 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The mask are a preventive measure. It probably won't go over to well while sunbathing, but strolling along the sandy beach, I highly recommend wear some kind of face protection for quit some time now.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Masks outdoors?
In the sun and heat?
Are they insane??

I can see spacing people apart.
But masks for sunbathing??
Lunacy!

Yeah, but think of the tan lines.

---------------

Here's an idea ...

If you don't want to wear a mask at the beach and you're forced to, put a swastika on your mask. I'd be willing to bet that most people are more afraid of swastikas than viruses.

But we know what's going to happen here. The beach will re-open without masks. Why? Money.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Obviously, I can't say this for sure but my feeling is that the states that have been "allowed" to reopen are meant to serve as a "warning" for the rest of the US.

The numbers we all have are wrong and everyone knows it. As they make more tests available for more people the numbers will increase. They will use those numbers in a "I told you so way".

This isn't ending on it's own anytime soon without our help, I promise you.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
Obviously, I can't say this for sure but my feeling is that the states that have been "allowed" to reopen are meant to serve as a "warning" for the rest of the US.

The numbers we all have are wrong and everyone knows it. As they make more tests available for more people the numbers will increase. They will use those numbers in a "I told you so way".

This isn't ending on it's own anytime soon without our help, I promise you.

The problem for them is, as the test roll out, the positive case numbers increase drastically while the death rate doesn't(at the same rate).

It drives down the percentage and just adds fuel to the fire of this being overblown.

Sure, "infected" cases will skyrocket, but the deaths are the ones that drive the fear. Driving up the infected numbers (and also the recovered numbers) through mass testing only makes those that wanted to fear monger look more like a bunch of fear mongering power hungry pricks.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The mask are a preventive measure.

They're a placebo.

The way it stands, as long as you're were at least single layered silk, tulle, or organza veil, you're good to go!

edit on 5-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Well.. the Virginia governor really blew it at his news conference yesterday because he told everyone straight up that the numbers are gonna be going up as they increase testing. The plan here is that we will start opening up late next week if all goes well.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

I'm in the "show me state". We opened up the day after we had our largest spike in numbers!

new topics

top topics

join