It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Signs Executive Order Shielding Nation's Power Grid From Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ok, now you are saying that every reactor has 6 months of fuel on site? Your source said weeks.

I may be high on diesel consumption but where are you going to get it when everyone else has already used it up and there is no more being made?

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

Ok, now you are saying that every reactor has 6 months of fuel on site? Your source said weeks.

I may be high on diesel consumption but where are you going to get it when everyone else has already used it up and there is no more being made?

But you forgot about the possible flood or tidal wave from an asteroid impact or earthquake? Like the flood in Japan that was predicted by Major Ed Dames.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Doctor Smith

What US networks are owned by either Soros or China? I know of none. There are of course connections between the networks and China but from what I can gather that is because the parent companies of those networks want to do business in China with theme parks and such and so will lean towards friendship with them. But that does not mean that those networks are owned by China.

Soros as well owns no networks. And sure he donates to NPR and other liberal oriented media but from what I could find he does not own any of them.

That's like saying, "they aren't cutting your throat with a sword they are using a switch blade instead".

How much more do you need.

China’s Long Tentacles Extend Deep Into American Media

U.S. imposes new rules on state-owned Chinese media over propaganda concerns

This stuff is better than my original post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is. You have added more solid content to your expose. You have strengthened your original revelation. Good.

I did not contend that China did not have influence nor that they were seeking to manipulate the American population through their state run propaganda machine. This should be evident to all who visit this site by now. Just as it should be evident that Soros seeks as well to sway public attention with his donations though the network of philanthropic organization that are run under his auspices.

I did however contend that they, the Chinese or Soros owns ''networks'' in the US. That appears to me to be an overstatement as it is just not true. Making that kind of statement can serve to shut down peoples minds and is not conducive to presenting further ''proof'' of how those entities ARE INDEED seeking to influence our populace.

Do you see my point here Doc? Anyway, thanks for your patience.

T

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I am glad to hear that they were at least considering getting away from software type control systems. I hope they eventually switch back to eliminate some of the security issues.

A Carrington event would maybe have 10% survival in the US if we are lucky. Too many in cities.

I am more concerned about the nuclear reactors because in my area of the US, I cant get more than about 40 miles form them. I am not saying it will happen but it is better to know what could happen if something goes wrong.

I think this executive order is a step in the right direction.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

There is a crack in the Azores. If it splits, where I am now, I will hear the wave break on the eastern US.

If Yellowstone goes, I will have an inch or two of ash on my roof.

I am not worrying about ether one, I am just aware of what could happen and what if anything I can do about it.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

My source said one month. Read it again.

Once the plant is shutdown they don't need anymore. That's why, once again, they have the required amount on site.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Does that mean that they have plans to truck in fuel for the generators to every reactor in the United States at the same time and for months?

No, it means it's there already as required by the NRC.

Sure reactor shutdown time is covered plus a safety factor. Reactors are not real issue though it's keeping cooling water pumped to spent fuel rod storage pools which requires continous flow 24/7/365.

Boil off one of those where no containment exist and you have huge problems.

If Carrington type event occurred may be enough civil chaos that refuel doesn't happen or is stymied.

With transmission lines cooked no help there.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

One month is not long enough to cool down the core. This source states that it takes about 38 gallons per minute to keep the core from boiling the water off after being shut down for 30 days. If you loose the pumps then, it will take a while to uncover the core from the water boiling off but it will still occure.

Again, where is the diesel coming from? Several more months worth I think.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

However, the history of emergency diesel generators compliance with operability requirements is checkered….

The threat model that is being discussed is not clear.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

Total power grid failure. All nuclear reactors are in shutdown but need cooling for months in order not to melt down and expose the surrounding area to radiation from the core. What is to be done to stop them without deisel for emergency generators because it has been used up and there are no operating refineries?

They go pop, one by one.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
OK you're somewhat right.

I'm not 'somewhat right', I'm 100% right.

Augustus Is 100% correct. I’ve been working in cellular communications for over a decade and some of the stuff I hear people say about what 5G is makes me want to send people back to school. Seriously dense skulls out there trying to sound educated in something they actually don’t know anything about.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The grid in the U. S is actually several separate grids that are linked. If one section starts going down the others can disconnect to limit damage. Remember when the east coast went down? The rest of the country did not. It would take a very coordinated group all over the country to take down the entire system at the same time.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
Sure reactor shutdown time is covered plus a safety factor. Reactors are not real issue though it's keeping cooling water pumped to spent fuel rod storage pools which requires continous flow 24/7/365.

The link I provided was not for shutdown, it was for cooldown, so yes the fuel is already there to keep the pumps running.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

One month is not long enough to cool down the core.

I'll take my source over your opinion.

This source states that it takes about 38 gallons per minute to keep the core from boiling the water off after being shut down for 30 days. If you loose the pumps then, it will take a while to uncover the core from the water boiling off but it will still occure.

That's a boiling water reactor which has a built in safety feature that allows steam from the core to power a turbine cooling the reactor without external sources. The article is about how the earthquake and the tsunami damaged that and they didn't have adequate backup unlike NRC requirements.

edit on 5-5-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TXTriker

Having worked with NERC CIP entities in the past, unless a lot has changed, it wouldn't be that difficult. This is assuming a cyber attack of course, there are interconnects throughout between the regional coordinators. You wouldn't need much, take out SERC, RF, and NPCC and you've got everything east of the Mississippi, up into eastern Canada. The control centers and back-up control centers would need to be hit at once, but once that happens the ability to adjust load appropriately in a region goes away.

NERC is still trying to play catch-up to the fact that compliance is not security.
edit on 5/5/20 by Hypntick because: typo

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Now protect our food supply. Get the slaughterhouses and meat processors back up and rolling. Hazard pay for anybody who grounds me some beef and gets me some chicken.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
And don't forget the thread is also about removing China's 5 G and putting our own in. Basically removing China's ability to control and spy on us. That's why we are making our own steel and producing more of our oil.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I'm not 'somewhat right', I'm 100% right.

You know, I'm actually going to really enjoy asking you to pay up.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
You know, I'm actually going to really enjoy asking you to pay up.

Tick-tock, tick-tock, nothing happening, same as before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join