It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to spot a bot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: nerbot
So you say that blinking star and color flashing in the signature isn't you communicating with the AI main computer?

No, I say nothing of the sort. DON'T put words in my mouth please.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I am sorry. It was a joke in retrospective to the other thread where we had the topic bots.

I did not mean to put words in your mouth.

Oh I see it is this one. Again, it was not meant rude.
edit on 3-5-2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

What do you mean with basic metrics?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

What do these flashing lights mean? Especially the base sequence. It is always the same pattern just getting faster...

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
well, a few months ago, everyone wanted the Bernman to win. now, MightyJoe has been the number one 'trend' on twtitter for weeks now. and minions retweet the trend and also believe in it, thinking, 'look at all these other people who are switching sides, i better switch sides too...'

i sent a friend a link to the BilllGates website about how they had a fake pandemik scenario in october, conveniently a few weeks before it all went down. this guy gripes me about sending something politikal, yet all he does is post left sided cnnnmtvfoxnewz type pictures.

when i tell people join the outsiders, think for yourself, they think im crazy, because they have been indoctrinated their entire lives to believe nytimez.

ive had friends get rid of me, because they listen to the newz, instead of looking right at me and knowing me for years.

thats how scary it is. and ive seen it now more than ever with this pandemik bullsh!t.

so when i see minionspeak 'trending' on twitter, and its number one, no joke, i get sad.

you cannot argue with them.

if you want to annoy a rational logical man, you tell him a lie. if you want to annoy the foolish minion, you tell him the truth.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

You mean that the narrative could be steered trough bots, because they make you feel like the heard is heading left and as we are heard animals we stay with the heard?

Where have all the free thinking individusls gone? The dark net?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Run by humans? That defies its purpose doesn't it?

Aren't there learning algorithms, maybe a human gets assigned to a bot and over a period of time the bot learnd all the behavior and responses from you, then moves on to the next human?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: NoConspiracy

My guess is its to do with Close Encounters

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Chat bot's are getting more and more advances, all they really are is a database built up by observing and replicating human interactions but even though they are NOT as they are wrongly called artificially intelligent they can fool even some of the smartest people in the world when they chat with them, unless they put them through some tests.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I just don't believe the average person can tell.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoConspiracy

What do you mean with basic metrics?

Botometer: an application developed by the Indiana University Network Science Institute (IUNI) and the Center for Complex Networks and Systems Research (CNetS).
Botcheck.me: a Chrome extension developed by two students at the University of California, Berkley. It specifically detects political propaganda bots.
Tweetbotornot: an open-source package for developers created by Michael Kearney, a professor at the Informatics Institute in the University of Missouri.

These are a couple of the free services that "analyze" the metrics and data on Twitter specifically.

I do not know how accurate any of the info is and have not used these before.

How to Spot a Bot
edit on 3-5-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

And exactly these tests is what I was interested in.... Are they simple questions you ask, or how would such a test look like?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

So what skill set would one need to have to be sble tp tell?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
@NoConspiracy,

You ask them this question:

"You see a turtle in the desert on its back, it will die if you do not flip it back. Why do you not flip it back on it's belly???"

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Or,

Tell me about your mother.

If the reply is "My mother?" and then you get blasted in the face you know its a bot.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Someone saw the movie

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

My programmers were Blade Runner Fans.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Do turtles live in the desert?

What movie reference is it?

ETA new movie for my quarantine bucket list.
edit on 3-5-2020 by NoConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
ColoradoJens was faster but here you go

edit on 3-5-2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I used to always on the lookout for hot bots when I was younger and drinking....now that you think about it, they were bods, but heck I was drunk and didn't realize there was a difference.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join