It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile Phone Data Show More Americans Are Leaving Their Homes, Despite Orders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Considering the people who panic shopped only bought toilet paper, I'd imagine most folks are getting really hungry about now.

Seriously, yes, we've altered our behavior, but no we haven't stopped running errands. We just lowered the number of household members who go. Since we can't trust our son not to be handsy, one of us stays home with him while the other goes out, and since husband has worked lab protocol, he usually goes, sometimes with gloves.

But since our area is about 7 miles north of the real hot spot in this area and we've never gotten beyond 70 cases in this area all this time while they've had over 300, we're not terribly worried.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
There are 50 states that all have various degrees of mandates and I don't believe any of them have stay at home orders so yeah more people are moving around.

All of PA is under stay at home orders.
health.pa.gov

That doesn't mean stay locked in your house. They opened Trout Season two weeks early and Spring Gobbler opened yesterday.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I wonder how they know the people aren't essential workers? Wouldn't an essential worker normally be leaving their house? Also, people whose jobs are on hold because of the virus might be getting jobs as essential workers. Because, you know? Money? And also maybe some people really just want to be useful and help out. What better way to do that than to take a job as a delivery driver or something?

Though I do suspect a lot of people are just pointlessly putting themselves or others at risk, I wouldn't just assume it because the phone leaves the house.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I wonder how they know the people aren't essential workers? Wouldn't an essential worker normally be leaving their house? Also, people whose jobs are on hold because of the virus might be getting jobs as essential workers. Because, you know? Money? And also maybe some people really just want to be useful and help out. What better way to do that than to take a job as a delivery driver or something?

Though I do suspect a lot of people are just pointlessly putting themselves or others at risk, I wouldn't just assume it because the phone leaves the house.

You might be right, I see a mass of essential works buying plants and fertilizer at home depot yesterday.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat
So? Your stuck at home, it's Spring, you might as well get some yard work done.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
What am I not seeing on this thread...OUTRAGE!

Why are we being tracked and then basically shammed and insult to injury we had to have been tracked prior to correlate the data...

Then those I don't mind being tracked cause I am not doing anything bad...wait just wait when this data is used to prosecute and hunt down violators. Of course this is just letting us know it won't be used like that for a year or two or a few once we have forgotten we allowed them to track us!

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Well , Nobody likes a " Rat " Dan , It's Un-American . Better they Mind their Own Freakin' Business for their Own Health ...........

edit on 3-5-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

It's nothing even vaguely resembling [sarc]normal[/sarc].

Yeah, I have to deal with it. But I'm damned if I'll ever consider it normal.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Not a hoax. Overblown, yes. Hoax, no.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
What am I not seeing on this thread...OUTRAGE!

Why are we being tracked and then basically shammed and insult to injury we had to have been tracked prior to correlate the data...

Then those I don't mind being tracked cause I am not doing anything bad...wait just wait when this data is used to prosecute and hunt down violators. Of course this is just letting us know it won't be used like that for a year or two or a few once we have forgotten we allowed them to track us!

I was curious about that too, everyone is so focused on being outraged over the lockdown being tracked is like " meh ".

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Nolte: They Told Us Lockdowns Were About Flattening the Curve. They Lied.

www.breitbart.com...

Yes they Did .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join