It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA - Game Over - Hit Reset

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
Maybe we can start from the beginning. Like it used to be long ago. You know, of the People, by the People, and for the People.

If we can make it so, I promise to vote on every level that I can.

Except... it was never that in American government (as you should well know if you took civics classes.)

Early in our history, the votes went to men (only) who held property and were basically of English descent. They would count you for taxation purposes, but you had even less say in the government than you do now. America is a Republic, not a democracy, and it was created by elites who intended for their rule to hold sway; not the voice of the common man.

We all have more of a voice in government today than we did at the time of the Founding Fathers.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

You made some good points, that are true.

We all have more of a voice in government today than we did at the time of the Founding Fathers.

But I don't think that is one of them.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I think the internet has just kind of exposed the fact that democracy is a bad idea and it only really kind of works when the narrative can be tightly controlled between two clear-cut choices AND TPTB can advance exactly the right candidates.

I think that the internet teaching people that we live in a Democracy in America is a lot of the problem in the first place.

We don't.

You are part of the problem.

Yeah. Keep telling yourself that. Yes. The idea that utter chaos is going to make good things happen seems like a crazy idea to me. That's what you have now and that's why the world we live in is such a disaster right now. This is just complete chaos and nothing good will come of it.

People are no more informed than they ever were. Everybody believes something different. Everybody thinks they know everything. If there's anything more dangerous than someone who is ignorant just minding their own business, it's someone who is ignorant and is convinced they're right about everything and is out there instigating.
edit on 3-5-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You think this is chaos, if we don't keep our sh"t together wait till next year

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoConspiracy

You think this is chaos, if we don't keep our sh"t together wait till next year

This is chaos. Can chaos lead to more chaos? Yes. Is a hurricane worse than a tornado? It depends on where you are and how it affects you. Are either one of them desirable? Not in my book.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

There is no cheaper way to tear down ürotten structures than a tornado or hurricane, if you are clever you might even get insurance payment

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

He's a better man than I am.

After the revelations of this past weekend and with full knowledge of what the FBI did to Flynn at the behest of an outgoing president, I'd ship them all the Guantanamo Bay under cover of night and then deny knowing anything about it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join