It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 comparison of New York State to South Carolina Supermarket Inventories

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

I read a story a couple of days ago from a Mexico newspaper. The farmers are feeding truckloads of tomatoes to their cattle as they have no where to sell them. I wonder if USA has stopped the import of veggies under Trumps border closure order?

I will find that story again and provide a link.

Heres the same story but from the NY Times:

Mexican Farmers Give Away Tomatoes as Demand Squashed by Coronavirus
edit on 2-5-2020 by Waterglass because: added link

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

"These shortages are contrived at some point."

Agree. The difference in New York State supermarkets inventory as compared to South Carolina is like night and day. Strange.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thousands of acres of fruits and vegetables grown in Florida are being plowed over or left to rot because farmers can’t sell to restaurants, theme parks or schools nationwide that have closed because of the coronavirus.

Coronavirus claims an unexpected victim: Florida vegetables

So why are the supermarkets without veggies. Are we all being played?

1st Mexico and now Florida and who else

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

No.

It's more that a lot of the food supply is sent to restaurants. With restaurant and food service demand so low, they just can reroute it into the grocery food chain, so a lot that good is going to waste one way or another while supply chain issues are worked out.

They're dumping milk, slaughtering healthy pigs with nowhere to go, etc.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Michigan - WalMart yesterday was the same as it was every week for the last six weeks. No TP, no paper towels or napkins unless you're there when they open and it's limited to one package per person. Package sizes are small and expensive now. Little pasta, almost no rice, no beef other than burger, many canned goods are running low. People are hoarding corned beef hash of all things. They finally got Worcestershire sauce back in after a month. Canned mushrooms are always out of stock. prices on the shelves are disappearing because they are going up quickly. No large dog bones there or Menards.

Meijer raised their beef prices around 30% in the last two weeks. Many of the cheese products were gone, milk and eggs are still plentiful at the moment. No TP or paper towels there either. It's ridiculous. Frustrating. Unbelievable.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Have you checked your Governor for big Walmart stock investments, boards of directors, etc.?
Our Walmarts are hit-and-miss on paper goods.
The Neighborhood Store (10 miles away) gets a pallet and doesn't even stock the shelves unless there's still some on the pallet when stocking.
Everything else seems to be in good supply, but "big meat" (roasts) are getting hard to find except for briskets & ribs.
Texas you know.

ganjoa

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
We discovered Aldi's home delivery via InstaCart.
How'd you like to order online and have it at your door in 2 hours.
They're charging $3 or $4 delivery charge (depends on which store I think).
It's an extra $2 for beer/wine because they have to scan your id.
AND unlike Walmart, credit card recognizes Aldi as a grocery store so I get 3x reward points!
Although I miss selecting my fresh meat & veg, home delivery may by a 'new normal' for us.

ganjoa

top topics

<< 1   >>

join