It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Swine Flu Fraud Of 1976, on 60 Minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Sometimes it`s good to look back and see how things were handled , in the name of common good and to save us from death. As the 1976 showed, things can get out of hand pretty easy and fast once the "experts" just declare their statements, and politicians then order some action to prevent the catastrophe happening ..

"The Swine Flu Fraud of 1976

Last but not least, we can look at and learn from the swine flu fiasco of 1976 as well, detailed in this 1979 60 Minutes episode. Fearing a repeat of the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic, “the government propaganda machine cranked into action,” 60 Minutes says, telling all Americans to get vaccinated.

According to 60 Minutes, 46 million Americans were vaccinated against the swine flu at that time. Over the next few years, thousands of Americans filed vaccine damage claims with the federal government.42 As reported by Smithsonian Magazine in 2017:43

“In the spring of 1976, it looked like that year’s flu was the real thing. Spoiler alert: it wasn’t, and rushed response led to a medical debacle that hasn’t gone away.

‘Some of the American public’s hesitance to embrace vaccines — the flu vaccine in particular — can be attributed to the long-lasting effects of a failed 1976 campaign to mass-vaccinate the public against a strain of the swine flu virus,’ writes Rebecca Kreston for Discover.

‘This government-led campaign was widely viewed as a debacle and put an irreparable dent in future public health initiative, as well as negatively influenced the public’s perception of both the flu and the flu shot in this country.’”

A 1981 report by the U.S. General Accounting Office to Senator John Durkin reads, in part:44

“Before the swine flu program there were comparatively few vaccine-related claims made against the Government. Since 1963, Public Health Service records showed that only 27 non-swine flu claims were filed.

However, as of December 31, 1979, we found that 3,839 claims and 988 lawsuits had been filed against the Government alleging injury, death, or other damage resulting from the 45 million swine flu immunizations given under the program.

A Justice official told us that as of October 2, 1980, 3,965 claims and 1,384 lawsuits had been filed. Of the 3,965 claims filed, the Justice official said 316 claims had been settled for about $12.3 million …”

CDC Lied About Swine Flu Vaccine Safety

According to 60 Minutes, the claims amount for the nearly 4,000 claimants totaled $3.5 billion. Two-thirds of the claimants suffered neurological damage and at least 300 of them died.

As explained by 60 Minutes, Americans who got the vaccine were told the vaccine had been field tested. What they were not told was that the vaccine they received was not the actual vaccine that had undergone testing.

According to Dr. Michael Hattwick, who directed the surveillance team for the 1976 swine flu vaccination program at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there was evidence showing influenza vaccinations could, and had, caused neurological complications in the past.

He claims he warned his superiors of this possibility, as it pertained to the swine flu campaign. Yet the CDC denied the evidence and the American public was never informed of this risk. 60 Minutes also reveals the CDC was proven to have lied in its marketing materials for the vaccine.

Judy Roberts was one of the victims of that campaign. She was paralyzed by the vaccine, and suffered permanent damage. Her husband, who was also vaccinated and suffered no ill effects, ends the segment saying:

“I told Judy to take the shot … I’m mad with my government. They knew the facts but they didn’t release those facts, because if they had released them, people wouldn’t have taken it.

And they can come out tomorrow and tell me there’s going to be an epidemic, and they can drop off like flies next to me, and I will not take another shot that my government tells me to take.”

Remember, do not trust any vaccine messaging Fauci, Gates and other misinformed and ill-intentioned professionals are seeking to spread. It would be far wiser to focus on improving your innate immunity through solid inexpensive and safe strategies we have previously discussed."

How Does COVID-19 Compare to the Spanish Flu?

March 24, 1976: Ford Orders Swine-Flu Shots for All

Deja Vu: The Swine Flu Vaccination Fraud of

BitChute

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Lets all play with the numbers, then:

46,000,000 people vaccinated. Bad batch of vaccine - 4,000 got sick & 300 died. That's a fatality rate of 0.00065 %.

Even slicing and dicing the numbers of COVID-19 to make the mortality figure as small as possible, it is hundreds of times worse:

Total US population @ 330,000,000 people, @ 65,000 dead. That's a fatality rate of 0.019 %

What do you think? Does it look like someone is trying to find an excuse to ignore the deaths of only 65,068 Americans? Perhaps the truth is politically inconvenient?

edit on 2/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Lol , 65,000 are not dead TO covid-19 in usa...have you not read ATS at all lately ? Secondly, 1976 was influenza A virus subtype H1N1...this covid-19 is a coronavirus they say...and there has never been a working vaccines for it, and now they are claiming to do it very fast..like at least 5 times faster than vaccines usually are done. The 2009 swine flu vaccine Pandemrix, made by GlaxoSmithKline did not go so well, it was rushed without proper testing time .

These NHS Staff Were Told The Swine Flu Vaccine Was Safe, And Now They're Suffering The Consequences

I think you are missing the point, in 76 they act very foolish, the very same system with CDC , now there also Bill Gates , Fauci etc with increased lunacy x100 .

People should be cautious, every health destroyed is violence and wrong...and the system that promotes those remedys are totally untrustworthy, it`s more about business than protecting health .

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
The pharmaceutical companies pay out for damages from all drugs they manufacture...... except vaccines.

The government pays if vaccines cause harm.

Where does the government get money from?

It is the public that get charged..... taxes go up.

How the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program Works - The Atlantic
www.theatlantic.com...

I have to wonder why pharmaceutical companies won't pay out for damages from vaccines.
edit on 2-5-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Looks like 60 Minutes was a little bit off .

The first the cheesesteaks here we’re on coronavirus.

Then we can take a stroll down memory lane .

Edit;

Remove link.

After a better look 60 minutes did fine .
edit on 2-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

Edit;Edit

Just for perspective . In 1976 everybody was acting almost as nutty as they are now .

The difference is we had a hour and a half of news all day .

Local at 6 PM, National at 6:30 and local again at 11 o’clock .

But way back in the olden days we had these things called newspapers. Unlike the teeny tiny miniature version we have today. People actually read them .

They helped spread the fear .

But none of that compares with the 24/7 “we’re all gonna die” coverage for the media for the last four months .

edit on 2-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Did they call it swine flu in 76? I seem to recall Russian Flu. Which is what I had in 1986. Which is why I didn’t fear the H1N1 that was called the swine flu in 2010 (?) under Obama. Because I already had and recovered from a nasty bug.

Which is why this zero vector quarantine of healthy people is asinine. It is bad if you get it, but only mutations in transmission will develop a weaker variant that we can live with. But what do I know about biochemistry, I only helped with research in creating antibacterial resistant strains of E. coli with a girlfriend working on her master’s thesis twenty years ago.

Side note: all that antibacterial soap that you use on a daily basis...you really shouldn’t. On the scale of coming back to bite you in the butt, you are better off tongue wrestling with the Covids.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Seems like Russian flu was in 1977 , so look`s to be different bug.

Agree with the antibacterial soap, it can help create antibiotic-resistant superbugs...

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is the main reason I will not have any vaccine pushed by my Government that has been rushed through in just months. Corners are cut testing is limited in the hurry to get everyone vaccinated. It can be years later when side effects and/or death & damage can appear and the link to the vaccine can take even longer.

I don't remember a swine flu in 1976 though but I was just 16 then so maybe not interested in current affairs

I do however remember the Tamiflu debacle over I think it was Bird Flu?

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

H1N1 is H1N1. Forgive the Wikipedia link but it was an easy find with the history of cycles. en.wikipedia.org...–1978_Russian_flu

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Lets all play with the numbers, then:

46,000,000 people vaccinated. Bad batch of vaccine - 4,000 got sick & 300 died. That's a fatality rate of 0.00065 %.

Even slicing and dicing the numbers of COVID-19 to make the mortality figure as small as possible, it is hundreds of times worse:

Total US population @ 330,000,000 people, @ 65,000 dead. That's a fatality rate of 0.019 %

What do you think? Does it look like someone is trying to find an excuse to ignore the deaths of only 65,068 Americans? Perhaps the truth is politically inconvenient?

The big point that got my attention above all the rest is that this proves historically factual that the CDC are chronic liars and even guilty of negligent homicide.
The WHO is the exact same.
People aligning themselves with the WHO and CDC as well as with lobbying congress/senate members for personal gain knowing in advance they can do almost anything because the top players are corrupt as hell itself is a graphic illustration of what the average citizen will be subjected to going forward.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

You are right, it`s the H1N1 again .

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Most people are amazed when they learn that H1N1 Swine Flu season comes to America every year, and kills thousands in this country.

top topics

join