It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return of the idiots.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Hi, I'm looking for a phillips head framing hammer, cordless if you have it. I believe dewalt makes one that takes my ryobi battery. I have a 1/4hp pancake air compressor if that matters...

edit on 2-5-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
No matter what happens in the world, you can always count on the idiot contingent to be well represented.

They are widespread.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
Hi, I'm looking for a phillips head framing hammer, cordless if you have it. I believe dewalt makes one that takes my ryobi battery. I have a 1/4hp pancake air compressor if that matters...

Lol, Uh let me look that up for ya.

Oh yeah, that's an online purchase only. If you talk to someone in customer service they can help you get what you need.

edit

You just reminded me. One of my favorite things is when a customer comes in asking about screws.

They say they need certain screws, I ask them to describe it for me. Is it a machine screw? Is it fine? Course? Is it for wood or metal? Do you have the appropriate drill bit size?

You're not trying to mount something heavy are you? You want to use these tiny things to mount you're moose head? Sir, your wooden plaque probably weighs thirty pounds on it's own.

Oh you actually wanted nails?

No sir you need anchors. Big ones.

Is your wall wood, brick, or drywall?

Drywall?

Ok... What? No sir! You can't just hang a moose head anywhere on the drywall. It needs to go into a stud.

How about the noggin? How do you even know what that is? Are you messing with me? Did you even hunt this moose we're talking about?

No sir, toggle bolts won't be the best thing to use in this case. Yes, the pictures on the back of the packaging does show that the "springy thing" goes against the drywall. But, I'm telling you if you use these and you attempt to hang a big ol moose head on some random spot on your wall you're going to end up with a damaged moose puppet, and a big hole in your wall.

You need a studfinder? What's a studfinder? Well sir it finds the stud. I'd recommend one of these center finding ones. They also detect live wires so you don't accidentally break a wire and cause damage to your house, tool, or shock yourself.

Look, Here are the anchors you need. Here's the drill bit you need too. You have a drill right? Black and Decker? Yeah, that's fine.

The drill bit won't go into your drill? It uses a screwdriver?

Oh you mean an impact driver? Yeah. Yeah.

Yup.

Yeah, that's what they're called.

Wanna buy a Ryobi?

If you buy this $99 Ryobi you get two extra batteries, a battery charger, and a softcase. Yeah, it's marked as $199, but if you buy thay drill you'll only be paying $99.

Why is the Mikwaukee $350?

The Milwaukee is more expensive because it's a Milwaukee. Some people would offer up their first born for a Milwaukee. You're literally paying for the name. If you want a high end tool buy DeWalt. They're more reasonably priced and out perform Milwaukees in a lot of instances.

Yes, that battery is actually $160.

What does brushless motor mean?

*explain brushless motor*

*blank stare*

Look, it just means it'll run cleaner and last longer.

Customer: "Why is there graphite in a motor? What are contactors. What's a rotor? What's a stator?"

Sir, I've really got to get back to work, but if you're realky interested in the difference of motors and electrical theory there are a lot of great videos on YouTube that will answer all of your questions.

Oh yeah thanks. Have a great day. Thanks for stopping by.
edit on 252020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 252020 by AutomateThis1 because: Spelling

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

This is the thread that needed to be written.

I myself is a village Idiot, even I shake my head and the idiocy and ignorance of some motorists.

Drivers ignore that magic wand that is a indicator, hell i nearly saw a woman with an in infant in a stroller being hit by an SUV, the car for pindicks who buy a car designed for off road, but never use it off road.

Car companies call it a 'sports utility vehicle' if being a pindick douches who screams obscenities at me because of the football jersey I was wearing. I screamed at them to stop the car so i could kick their ass. of course they didn't, big car no balls.

thank god for the rant forum.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: RubyRogue

Not drunk, just tired. Sitting in my car catching up on some posts, before I drive home. That, and there is a cop car sitting across the parking lot, probably waiting for me to drive off so he can harass me or some BS. We're going to see who has the most patience.

Edit: I won.

☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
Makes me wonder what happened to the high-paying job where you went around fixing things.

Personal to CJ: Some of us survive ... and retire into boredom. This is my second boredom. Should have taken to the lesson from the first.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   

A bit judgy of a rant - get a life.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Sounds like florida during snowbird season.

I had some doozies in the air force with piiots. Chief...my gun didnt fire!!! Sir, it doesnt work in training mode.

Chief, is there any way the guidance system messed up on that bomb.
No sir, its a training munition. You just pickled late and sent it 3/4 of a mile off target.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I sympathize.

I work as a cook at a bar and grill and when we still had dine in, this happened at least once a week. Now, if I'm not actually cooking, I'm behind the bar helping the bartender, talking to customers, taking an order, etc. So a customer would come in, set down and start reading the menu. After studying it for 5 minutes they ask for oddball stuff that's not on the menu.

Them : "Do you have [ blank ] ?
Me : No ma'am, everything we have is there. If it's not on the menu, we don't have it"
Them : "Well, what about [ blank ] ?"
Me : : "No ma'am, everything we have is there. If it's not on the menu, we don't have it"

I've seriously had to repeat "We don't have that " at least 6 times to one person. Here's the kicker, they'll do that and then say, "Well, I was just wondering I actually just wanted a cheeseburger ".

That sound you hear is the grinding of my teeth.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
The non -essentials have returned. Went and got new tires for our suv, next to a chic-fi-la and when we were leaving , people turning in front of me, even though I had the right of way.

Needless to say, the stupid people have returned and don't get in the way of their chicken.

That chicken is very good but not worth injury or hurting other people to get in the line.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: RubyRogue

Not drunk, just tired. Sitting in my car catching up on some posts, before I drive home. That, and there is a cop car sitting across the parking lot, probably waiting for me to drive off so he can harass me or some BS. We're going to see who has the most patience.

Edit: I won.

☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝
Makes me wonder what happened to the high-paying job where you went around fixing things.

Personal to CJ: Some of us survive ... and retire into boredom. This is my second boredom. Should have taken to the lesson from the first.

They're still there, but the people in charge of hiring don't know what to look for in a potential hire. They hire people who don't know what they're doing and aren't responsible.

It's not that simple, but that's basically it in a nutshell.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

A bit judgy of a rant - get a life.

I've got a pretty decent life.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I sympathize.

I work as a cook at a bar and grill and when we still had dine in, this happened at least once a week. Now, if I'm not actually cooking, I'm behind the bar helping the bartender, talking to customers, taking an order, etc. So a customer would come in, set down and start reading the menu. After studying it for 5 minutes they ask for oddball stuff that's not on the menu.

Them : "Do you have [ blank ] ?
Me : No ma'am, everything we have is there. If it's not on the menu, we don't have it"
Them : "Well, what about [ blank ] ?"
Me : : "No ma'am, everything we have is there. If it's not on the menu, we don't have it"

I've seriously had to repeat "We don't have that " at least 6 times to one person. Here's the kicker, they'll do that and then say, "Well, I was just wondering I actually just wanted a cheeseburger ".

That sound you hear is the grinding of my teeth.

Yeah, Been there. I used to open at one restaurant, close at another restaurant, and bartend on the weekends.

Crap about killed me.

People just don't pay attention to what they're ordering, and can't admit they forgot they don't like pickles, tomatoes, mayo, or whatever. So, of course it's the cooks fault.

If a drink doesn't taste like it has alcohol in it of course the bartender is trying to short them.

People like that just want something for nothing, and will complain the whole way until they get it. Spoilt children lol

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

When I first read your thread title I thought you
were going to rant about the 3 idiots!

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Another thing,because people seem to have short attention spans,
maybe they forgot how to drive during the shutdown?

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: miri2019

About 15 years ago, I used to work for Home Depot, electrical dpt. Most of the customers were kind and great to chat with. Once in a while we'd get some unique customers. So this lady comes to me and asks me to help her choose a door bell, and I presented her our selection of them.

And she'd go pressing them one by one and asking me what I was thinking of the sound and its style. So given that all of those bells were decent quality, I'd go along with her "Yea, nice sound, I like it, but you have the final say in that!", she'd be like "ah ok, what about this other one bell?", and I'd be "Yea, that's a good one too...". Then she'd say "... aha you're saying that to make me feel good, don't you?" and I'm like laughing with myself "no, not really, but whatever...". I spent with her literally 45 exhausting minutes. It got to a point that I ran out of words, my creativity went bone dry, my brain was hurting. What a day that was ...

I would have started with "I just hate doorbells. I like those Door Knockers on aisle 12. If you like, I can call down there and ask someone to help" and laugh at the poor Hardware guys later.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Of course you are wrong, as the customer is always right :-P

I'm gonna miss the open roads. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Hey here at my place, the highway/autobahn is empty. At nights especially. I just recently broke my personal speed record on the Autobahn a tad and will try in a few hours to nail it down.

It´s all good, we have unlimited sections here flat like a runway, it is legal. Not the car though

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I would have started with "I just hate doorbells. I like those Door Knockers on aisle 12. If you like, I can call down there and ask someone to help" and laugh at the poor Hardware guys later.

Haha, that could have worked, but she already knew her stuff. What I could have done though, I could have called some other associate from my dept to cover for me. We used to do that all the time.

Another observation I've made is that many people are so afraid of the electrical power, they'd be "Uh I'd never touch that, I might get shocked". They could have saved some money doing some basic electrical work themselves. A simple light switch change costs about 100$ nowadays. But then again, I'm familiar around electricity so I might be biased, and I've got shocked many times before.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Another thing,because people seem to have short attention spans,
maybe they forgot how to drive during the shutdown?

I actually jested about that to a coworker. I pretty much said Hey man, our state shut down what? Three weeks ago? It's crazy that people forgot how to drive in that short period of time.

Although the first few years of being in the Navy I went without driving. When I finally got to where I could visit family I rented a car and it was almost an alien feeling.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Thanks for posting! I got a few good laughs out of your post, and several of the replies. I actually miss these everyday, dealing-with-dumb-people annoyances... But being stuck here in the once great state of Hellinois, our obese billionaire governor has decided to keep the entire state locked down until June 1st, economic consequences to families and small businesses be damned.

Good luck to my family and friends in this crooked, bankrupt state - moving my family the hell out of here in just 13 days. It can't come soon enough!

a reply to: FyreByrd

A bit judgy you say??
People who live in glass houses...
edit on 522020 by M4nWithNoN4me because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Of course you are wrong, as the customer is always right :-P

I'm gonna miss the open roads. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Hey here at my place, the highway/autobahn is empty. At nights especially. I just recently broke my personal speed record on the Autobahn a tad and will try in a few hours to nail it down.

It´s all good, we have unlimited sections here flat like a runway, it is legal. Not the car though

What was your top speed if you don't mind me asking? My personal best is 180 in a 370z Nismo. It wouldn't let me go any faster. lol

I'd like to break 200 one of these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join