It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHOA!! Did I have it?????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Clammy721

I live in PA, near Philadelphia. I have Type 1 Diabetes.

At the end of January 2020 I got the strangest cold myself. A family member had it before me, they experienced the lack of taste and smell too... the sore throat, the cough that lingered and lasted for weeks. Well I got it too, sore throat, cough, all of that.

I remember thinking "I never had a dry cough like this in all of my life, this is weird." I also almost lost my voice too and a client at work joked that they hoped it wasn't the coronavirus that was then being talked about on media. It was weird because I too experienced feeling ok one day, horrible the next, for months afterwards.

But I didn't miss a day of work. A coworker joked that I already had the covid19- they all remember the cough. Everybody in the office heard my cough. Lol.

But I wasn't alone, tons of people in the area had gotten this cold with a cough that lingered for weeks. One person said it had been three weeks and they still hadn't shaken it fully.

But for me, after the cold symptoms passed... weird rashes started showing up all over my body. Not sure if it's connected. I have type 1 diabetes as well- so a regular cold for me is a little more severe as is so if this was covid19 I wonder if maybe it stayed with me a little longer. And prior to this, I'd get little rashes that came and went quickly like within a day, very quick. So at first I just ignored it. But then the rashes on my body were lasting for days which was unusual. I felt like my body was still fighting something off and on for months.

I'm better now, and was never really sick enough to lose work though (I thought I had a regular cold and I don't work with food so), but looking back now, I wonder if it already passed through this area, maybe a couple of rounds by now, lol.

Will I get tested? Probably not. Unless the opportunity falls in my lap I'm probably not going to go out of my way to get tested.

But I think it's possible that it was here before the media caught onto it. I think it's possible that a bunch of us had it already before the official shut downs.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think I had it in November 2019/early December. Honestly I felt like I was dieing. I was prescribed Tamiflu yet it had almost no affect. Felt horrible for a good 3 weeks, very unlike any other flu I’ve ever had.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I had similar symptoms in early January. They were milder thank goodness!

At the time some of the symptoms weren’t listed as Covid related.

Now they are

edmontonjournal.com...

My symptoms were...

Started with chills, vomiting and diarrhea. Like yourself I never vomit. The first day I thought I had food poisoning or Norwalk. It was bad!

Over the next few days I had mild fever and chills with a feeling of heavy fatigue. Then the cough started.

The cough was dry and totally non productive. It lasted over two weeks.

There were times throughout the approximate three week time frame when I felt quite normal. Then the symptoms would return again.

Not sure if it was the Covid but it definitely wasn’t the flu.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Back on Dec. 3rd I got sick, probably sicker than I've ever been. I thought I got food poisoning because it came on so fast, BUT it lasted for over a week. I've never been wiped out so bad in my life! Just completely laid me out. I couldn't eat for about (5) days, and almost even puked once! I always tell my wife, if I ever barf take me to the morgue because I'm DEAD (I NEVER barf...EVER!)

I felt horrible and couldn't even get out of bed for about (4) days, and when I did I could barely walk. I was really, REALLY, sick!

That sounds exactly like a virus my wife and I caught in Dec 2017, rather than Covid-19.

We're sure we caught Covid-19 in mid-January this year - all the usual symptoms although my better half suffered for a bit longer - but then we live in the small UK town that hosted the first official contracted Covid-19 case in the country, so perhaps it was inevitable. My elderly Dad caught it in late January, too - very dry cough and sweaty nights etc, but he's a tough old sod; bullets would bounce off him.

It was weird seeing footage and pics of our modest local health centre in the national (and international) news as Coronamania began to kick in:

The important point is that, during January, Coronamania was still not a 'thing' yet, hence no wide-eyed panic or rushing to the emergency ward. We just ploughed on as usual, as most of us do when the media isn't screaming "DEATH!!!" into our ears. I assumed it was the onset of a bad flu, so was thankful it dissipated relatively quickly.

Compared to the horrible crap we contracted in 2017, it was like a walk in the park.

edit on 2-5-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Liquesence

YEP!! I thought it might have been that!

I felt worse than I ever have.

I think it was something more than a hangover!

Yeah, when you first posted that thread I didn't see how it could simply be a hangover, lasting that long. Hangovers don't usually last that long, especially with the symptoms you described, unless a person is in detox, perhaps.

You should get an antibody test.

As far immunity, there have been reports of people testing positive more than once, so who knows if one is clear once out of the water?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join