It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Bans 1,500 Types of Assault Weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: ABNARTY

Wow, that was quick!

Are people just going to turn their guns in?

They have 2 years, they are registered being restricted, non restricted weapons do not have to be registered.

So, at some point, after 2 years I suppose..they will get them

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

They dont need to be assault weapons just look the part and they will be labeled assault weapons.

Part of the reason some of us roll our eyes every time someone bleats assault style, or assault type, or really go stupid and call an ar-15 military grade.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The reason being ""Assault Weapons"" are for assault, rather than defense.

You're not even allowed to defend yourself..of course me and many others will not worry about that in the moment.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Specimen88

They dont need to be assault weapons just look the part and they will be labeled assault weapons.

Part of the reason some of us roll our eyes every time someone bleats assault style, or assault type, or really go stupid and call an ar-15 military grade.

What is stupid is, any legal owner can only have a 5 round mag to begin with, meanwhile I can buy a shotgun that holds 12..hmm, better check on that now.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm wondering which ones are "referred to in item 47, 49 or 50 of this Part".

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: andy06shake

Are assault bats and assault forks still legal?

They want to regulate the assault knives in the UK. Canada won't be far behind.

Ban sales of pointed kitchen knives as there is no reason for them in modern world

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All Knives Should Be Fitted With GPS Trackers

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You mean an AR 15 isn't a military grade rifel!!

*gasps*

Next you'll proclaim that AR doesnt even mean "assault rifle."

The nerve.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And so it begins.......

Government has already been shown that you will obey lockdowns for safety.

Now that they do this, there will be no more gun crime in Canada.

Lolz

This was in the works pre pandemic, it's what the federal Liberal party does. And of course it will not prevent 1 single thing.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The UK better grab their pitchf....err..spor.....errr..spoons! And rise up.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Canada will grab their pointed sticks covered in maple syrup.

edit on 1-5-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yea, most would turn a blind eye or wouldnt know about guns here or other parts of the globe, but modifications and autos have an been banned already here for time.

Supposedly Chicago has strict gun laws.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
As a Canadian (not a gun owner) waking up to hear this I was very surprised and scared. Apparently this was in the works before but I hadn't heard that. I didn't vote liberal or conservative last go and usually don't bother with voting.. but I will be voting conservative from now on. It is bad enough we are pretty much locked in our homes but if the economy (propped up by Chinese money) crashs then obviously crime is going to become a big problem. I may at least get my PAL now just to get a handgun or something before they ban that too. They were being sketchy when someone asked the guy about that this morning.

"%80 of canadians" is trending on Twitter because there was a poll done that showed %80 support this? Of course it is a poll so my immediate thought was... Who even believes those? My second thought was can I see the poll... I googled "%80 of canadians gun poll" and this is the first thing that came up.. I stopped scrolling...

thepostmillennial.com...

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
I'm not much of a gun enthusiast, but it not like assualt weapons are a commodity here. Apparently there a couple million guns, legally in Canada, but they aren't assualt weapons. I dont doubt that there are some here, and they were never really legal in the first place.

I think there are roughly 17 million overall

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Good job Canada, Gatling guns are off the list. More people need to start getting the Gatling.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Hold up there.... you need to be 18 to buy Forks!

This kid couldn't even buy those dangerous spoons!

www.bbc.com...

Neither could this woman.... Assault Spoons!!!

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 1-5-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: twigbaby
As a Canadian (not a gun owner) waking up to hear this I was very surprised and scared. Apparently this was in the works before but I hadn't heard that. I didn't vote liberal or conservative last go and usually don't bother with voting.. but I will be voting conservative from now on. It is bad enough we are pretty much locked in our homes but if the economy (propped up by Chinese money) crashs then obviously crime is going to become a big problem. I may at least get my PAL now just to get a handgun or something before they ban that too. They were being sketchy when someone asked the guy about that this morning.

"%80 of canadians" is trending on Twitter because there was a poll done that showed %80 support this? Of course it is a poll so my immediate thought was... Who even believes those? My second thought was can I see the poll... I googled "%80 of canadians gun poll" and this is the first thing that came up.. I stopped scrolling...

thepostmillennial.com...

They were talking today about 65% support, I can believe that.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
RESIST, DON'T TURN THEM IN.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I bought a 12 gauge shotgun that holds 23 shells and there is a longer model that holds 41 shells. I think they are sold out at the moment.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: vonclod

I bought a 12 gauge shotgun that holds 23 shells and there is a longer model that holds 41 shells. I think they are sold out at the moment.

In Canukistan?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Oh Canada, your leader says you can't have semi automatic guns because a person used an illegally obtained, Illegal weapon to kill people illegally. So, something already against the law is now more so? How does that work?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join