It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order On Securing The United States Bulk-Power System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Thank you Mr. President on starting a process that should have started a long time ago. We cannot be reliant on foreign manufacturing for components necessary for our critical infrastructure. This has long been a concern and issue of mine that rarely comes up in conversation when it comes to the Government actually fixing it.

Thank you President Trump for finally getting the ball rolling on this!

Executive Order on Securing the United States Bulk-Power System

www.whitehouse.gov...

I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, find that foreign adversaries are increasingly creating and exploiting vulnerabilities in the United States bulk-power system, which provides the electricity that supports our national defense, vital emergency services, critical infrastructure, economy, and way of life. The bulk-power system is a target of those seeking to commit malicious acts against the United States and its people, including malicious cyber activities, because a successful attack on our bulk-power system would present significant risks to our economy, human health and safety, and would render the United States less capable of acting in defense of itself and its allies.

I further find that the unrestricted acquisition or use in the United States of bulk-power system electric equipment designed, developed, manufactured, or supplied by persons owned by, controlled by, or subject to the jurisdiction or direction of foreign adversaries augments the ability of foreign adversaries to create and exploit vulnerabilities in bulk-power system electric equipment, with potentially catastrophic effects.

I therefore determine that the unrestricted foreign supply of bulk-power system electric equipment constitutes an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States, which has its source in whole or in substantial part outside the United States.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have wondered why it's been ignored for several decades now. Makes one wonder what's coming down the line. I think most people get the sense that CoV19 is just the tip of the iceberg.

Trump has put American security at a high priority and not kicked the can down the road. Maybe he can get some of those critically failing major bridges replaced in the next four years; it's for sure no other president would give it a second thought.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Trump has put American security at a high priority and not kicked the can down the road. Maybe he can get some of those critically failing major bridges replaced in the next four years; it's for sure no other president would give it a second thought

We just spent trillions by pissing it into the air with little to no effect. How are we going to take on the infrastructure now after a shutdown and the largest stimulus spending ever?

Edit: I hope we can do the power related ones just by buying domestic... But the bridges as bad as we need them will have to wait or be done by states.
edit on 1-5-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
As someone who worked for a company that exclusively did cyber security assessments for NERC CIP compliance, it's so much worse than anyone would ever imagine. Unfortunately with the way critical infrastructure like this works, you have to do all of these changes during maintenance windows, which may happen once a year at most. Even then, most of them do not last long enough to make these kinds of changes. The only reason we were able to get security controls in place at one site was the turbine cracked down the center so they were on outage for over a year waiting on a new one. Every single plant manager or owner I spoke with said they would rather unhook the connections from the outside world and run independently with the regional coordinators calling them when they needed to ramp up or shed load.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
S&F

Trump is returning our infrastructure to American Made. This, is long overdue.

The DOD needs to shed all Chinese made technology, ASAP. The Clintons started giving the Chinese keys to our backdoor, decades ago. Bush and Obama kept enabling them... it's got to end.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
These are the kinds of things that make me like the president.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
The Clintons started giving the Chinese keys to our backdoor, decades ago. Bush and Obama kept enabling them... it's got to end.

And look at how extraordinarily RICH these public servants just happen to be!!

These crooks need to be tarred and feathered.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: nugget1

Trump has put American security at a high priority and not kicked the can down the road. Maybe he can get some of those critically failing major bridges replaced in the next four years; it's for sure no other president would give it a second thought

We just spent trillions by pissing it into the air with little to no effect. How are we going to take on the infrastructure now after a shutdown and the largest stimulus spending ever?

Edit: I hope we can do the power related ones just by buying domestic... But the bridges as bad as we need them will have to wait or be done by states.

Green backs would do it.

Our currency is corrupt by design. We have the power to fix it, but first we need to string up the bankers. Fighting them leads to getting whacked...

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: madmac5150
The Clintons started giving the Chinese keys to our backdoor, decades ago. Bush and Obama kept enabling them... it's got to end.

And look at how extraordinarily RICH these public servants just happen to be!!

These crooks need to be tarred and feathered.

I keep saying we are going to have to do a Citizens Arrests of these criminals and do not serve up Vigilante Justice. It better be by the book. They use letters of the law written to get out of everything. We need to dot our I's and cross our T's.

Charges:

Conspiracy
RICO
Treason

edit on 2-5-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Whilst looking into elitist eugenicist ideologies did come across this vid:

Could be bullsh•t or could be relevant - especially when it comes to certain families and the CFR.

new topics

top topics

join