It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why You Should Wear Face Masks - Explained

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have seen quite a few people here and on other boards ranting that they don't need a face mask, blah, blah, blah, and when you try to explain why you get the feeling that the person reading your response has this blank stare on their face and they don't understand (or care really).

Below is the best example that I have found that even my 5 year old grandson can understand.

See, even she understands now.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
You know what?

I never, ever touch my face more than when I wear that effing face mask. It irritates my nose and eyes.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Face Masks Will not Protect you from Someone Infected with Covid-19 , but it Will Protect them Spreading it to You ..........

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

If I am sick, it keeps me from spreading it as widely or as easily. If you are sick, it does not much of anything to save me from viral particles in the air unless it's a properly fitted, properly rated mask.

Good lord, at this rate, I wish I'd get it. I'd either have it and be done and immune or have it and die, but either way, I'd be free of the Karens.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well , from what I here , it is a Proper Virus and it does not Discriminate against Who it Infects . A Very Liberal Virus IMO , and it just makes me Wonder..Hmm....

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Wear a mask till when?

When should I wear a mask till? Vaccine, cure, virus magically disappears?

No thanks. If someone is that worried, they shouldn't risk being in public in the first place. There is delivery options galore, and I'm not going to wear a mask for a year for some half baked theory it might help? In the event we find something down the road?

Let me ask, why do I have to put my faith in a government who's shown nothing but incompetence and change in guidance through every step of the way? Because they say so? Nah. They get to spend trillions while shutting down the economy and screwing the future for most of the country while we just have to abide by all of it? No thanks.

We're going to have to get herd immunity one way or the other. Face masks are merely night lights to protect from monsters.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This is where we're at right now:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Yes , I can see where the SHEEP get Upset , but Hey , they are Freakin' SHEEP and Know no Better .

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
How long ya'll gonna quarantine for?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

He's in Kansas City like me. Our Mayor is trying to keep us locked in until mid-May. I have no idea where he lives, but I live 4 blocks from parts of Clay Country that are sane.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Probably forever if the fear-mongering keeps up at the level it has been. Gov. Ducey decided to keep AZ at it until the 15th, but I have a feeling it's gonna be extended out again when it gets closer to that date. He waited until the last second to extend it beyond yesterday. I think too many people are buying the BS surrounding this whole thing. The bad thing is, it seems the governor's and media are trying to placate the "OMG we're all gonna die" crowd instead of those of us that still have our sanity.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You know what?

I never, ever touch my face more than when I wear that effing face mask. It irritates my nose and eyes.

As soon as I put the so-called gloves on, I'm itching just about everywhere...it's psychosomatic, and I know it, but nevertheless I still fall for it!

However our faces have all sorts of microbial monsters sat on them anyway, bonking away, doing their thing....it kInda makes you wonder if this is just a casual tool used by governments when it suits in the current situation. I notice in No 10 press briefings, those usually three, stand like fecking statues..except for Boris, now he is back, funny thing is, they ain't wearing masks, gloves, whatever, while Downing street, 10/11 have vermin pissing about.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Plus, we seemed to follow in Europe footsteps as far as measures taken.

Might just have something to do with being the 3rd most populace country. This link shows we're 6th in world for cases per million.

There's a lot of factors that could go into why some countries have higher rates... But we can't lockdown till we figure all that out.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i.imgur.com...
edit on 1/5/2020 by Borderlands because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I have a lump on the bridge of my nose where it got hit with a rake handle when I was a kid; it always catches on those masks and hikes them way up right under my eyes, just underneath the lashes where it irritates them. Pull it off the bridge and it falls off my nose ...

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

oddly cases have plateaued in south Georgia, I believe the prediction was fire and brimstone dogs and cats living together mass hysteria...

When its actually still chugging along like it has for the last few months.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I would wear a mask if the hospitals and care centers have enough , but with the shortage i rather see the masks go to the staff of those places.

SInce they take all the risk they can have my mask.

With a heavy beard i touch and scratch my face multiple times a day , rendering a mask quite useless.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Simple Respiratory Protection—Evaluation of the Filtration Performance of Cloth Masks and Common Fabric Materials Against 20–1000 nm Size Particles

COVID-19 is about 0.12 microns in diameter for reference.

Polydisperse aerosol penetrations Average penetration levels for the three different cloth masks were between 74 and 90%, while N95 filter media controls showed 0.12% at 5.5 cm s−1 face velocity (Fig. 1). The penetration levels increased significantly for the N95 control filter media but remained 86% at 5.5 cm s−1 with no significant increase at 16.5 cm s−1 (Fig. 2b). Average penetration levels for the three different model towels and scarves were in the 60–66% and 73–89% ranges, respectively, with no significant increase at 16.5 cm s−1 (Fig. 3a,b). Table 1 shows airflow resistance (in millimeter water) at 5.5 cm s−1 face velocity. In general, the resistance levels were less than or comparable to N95 filter material employed in the study (9.8 ± 0.2 cm water gauge; 1 cm water gauge = 1.33 kPa). A cotton towel model (Pinzon) and a scarf material (Today's Gentleman) showed slightly higher resistance levels than the other fabric materials. Slightly higher airflow resistance levels were obtained at 16.5 cm s−1.

Your masks are useless.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
But you know what's really funny?

People wearing masks in their own cars, when there's nobody else in the car with them...

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Maybe a lot of teslas will be sold for their biodefense mode.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join