It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grinds Me Gears, a rant about abductee subculture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I didn't know whether to put this in the rant room or the Aliens and UFOs thread. Sorry. This is somewhat supposed to be funny so please don't get too upset if you don't agree. It's ok to laugh at yourself. I know I'm already laughing for you, warming it up for ya.

Ok so I know I've made some weird and somewhat goofy threads over the past few days but I'm at my wits end with some parts of the UFO/Alien subculture. Particularly abductees and "starseeds" and other people who use their imagination, fantasy, and the idea of UFOs and ET life as a platform to stand up on, pound their chests, and say, "I am a chosen one. They chose me. I am special."
Some people made some excellent points in my starseeds thread about how if you are born and raised as a human $%@# being on planet earth: you are not an alien.
Got it? You are not an alien nor is any part of of your brain. You are a human. Say it with me: "Hu-Man" ever heard of em? You know, the two legged not-so-hairy primate things that run around pretending to be important?

What makes you so special that they chose you? What makes you feel the need to raise yourself above your peers and say "I have a mission" just like those evangelists who knock on doors saying stuff like "hey I'm a messenger of some dead bloke named Christ" like they're Moses or something. What burning space bush are these people standing in front of? What have you ever done that non-starseed/non-abduct/non-chosen humans have'nt done?
Most of the people that have done wonderful things in this world have nothing, I repeat nothing to do with this subculture. Nothing at all.

Probably because they're not busy blah blahing on the Great Book of Faces about how they got a message at 2 AM from Barbie of Venus with her big blue eyes about how nukes are bad, love is good, and Gaia needs to eat some medicine because she be hurtin.

I'm not just talking about self proclaimed starseeds. I'm talking about messengers of the great golden haired God-man-alien Ashtar Sheran and their Galactic Federation of How Much Better We Are Than UnWoke Humans. Well pals, you haven't disarmed any nukes, placated dictators, or stopped coronavirus (I had to go there) from killing thousands, have you? What have you done?
You've gone on the internet just as my low, ranty butt has right now and spewed your words just like I'm doing right now, and stood on your little pedestals saying "hey, I'm a chosen one because Fabio from Space told me so."

Anyway, whatever. I'm done.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Crosswinds

My take on it is that there are many that just want to be part of something, they may simply be lonely or genuinely convinced that they too were abducted.

Then there are the Aliens are all good and kind crowd whom obviously miss God in there lives - he's there but being fashion victim's and wanting to be new age they have latched onto Alien's as there personal angel's and savior's.

But then there are some genuine cases that can only be called real X-File's quality.

So I believe some abductions HAVE taken place, were they Alien's that took these people, MK ultra CIA secret program's like those that spiked people with drug's etc and deliberately destroyed innocent people's lives just so that they could compile a useless anyway observation of the affects of certain experiments' upon those people in the general public,. Or other human entity's such as corporations conducting illegal (they were illegal as well) experiment's upon people etc or as may be the case with the Cattle abductions taking biopsy's to monitor the spread of radiological, biological or chemical agent's from undisclosed leak's.

My mind is open BUT yes I do agree there are too many wannabe's that are below the quality of the best threads on this site with some really strange idea's.

Hey though - we are all guilty of that sometime's and who know's just maybe they are just not erudite enough to get there point across and may have a valid basis to there thread's BUT we just don't get it as it fall's outside of our own comfort zone and experiences in life.

So I say the more the merrier, if they are not harming anyone there thread's may just contain some true golden nugget's now and then that are worth panning for idea's and data on the subject even if the conclusion THEY have reached and there interpretation is beyond the scope of our own belief system's etc.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Parents often tell their kids that they can be anything they want...

So

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Every time I laugh it off and think they are just harmless space kooks... Marshall Applewhite comes to mind.

In reality, I read a VERY interesting paper on teh demographics of abductees... check it out.
Demographics

Personally I think cats are the link to all abductees. Either they are wacky cat people... or they have stepped in cat crap barefoot. They have the parasite..and the parasite is like a tracking device and beacon. Blam.. I solved it. Freaking cat people. Theyre going to discover the vector for Covis is a darned cat. Im convinced the cats passed it on to the dogs. This is how alien invasions start, people. WAKE UP.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
They don't really think they're special. Their real experiences are horrifying. These are the things they are desperately trying to convince themselves of to make their experiences all that much more palatable and to give them meaning. The truth is they are used, abused and tossed away like yesterdays garbage and ignored when the aliens are done with them. It's all Stockholm syndrome and wishful thinking.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

See that is an excellent post because it makes sense:
Someone who's really, truly been abducted would be horrified. Not proud and excited. Not bragging.

The people in my OP are likely faking it for attention.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Yep! This is it, man.
Their ears are parabolic dishes to receive their signals from the mothership. Tails are antennas too.
The whiskers? Signal augmenters.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

If you listen closely to many of their experiences you can see the truth behind their denial. I'm not so sure so many of them are lying for attention. It's deeper, darker, and more depressing than that. Abductees have been crying for help that never came for decades. This is the logical next step. It's helplessness and desperation. Their abductors have all the control and no one will (or can) save them. All they have are their abductors, the only respite they have is the delusion that their special, a thing the abductors play on all while abusing them and their children.
edit on 5/1/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
They don't really think they're special. Their real experiences are horrifying. These are the things they are desperately trying to convince themselves of to make their experiences all that much more palatable and to give them meaning. The truth is they are used, abused and tossed away like yesterdays garbage and ignored when the aliens are done with them. It's all Stockholm syndrome and wishful thinking.

Probably the closest view as far as I would see, but my main difference is that there are no aliens involved with the event.

Perhaps cover stories to delude an individual to something more human and earthly that happened.

A bit like Travis Walton not being abducted, but drugged by his friends for a quick gay gangbang in the woods and left for lost or dead in the forest. He never remembered the real deal and his friends came up with the alien/ufo thing as their alibi and Travis went along with it because he was confused and had no real memory because of the drugs.

These days, with all the camera phones, there should be more footage from abductees...but there ALWAYS seems to be an excuse for no proof.

None of them seem to dissappear for years like "Close Encounters" do they?

All fake, all mad, blame hollywood.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Yes because cameras are beyond the capabilities of aliens to handle. Traveling galaxies is a cinch, but your cell phone and street camera that's insanity they couldn't possibly work around that.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Yeah I can agree with you guys that a lot of these people are probably traumatized somehow or something like that.
Sad stuff :/

Or maybe they really are aliens just begging for the mothership to come and beam em up. Also a sad story.

But yeah no I don't believe any aliens have been involved in any of the cases--even the ones the people sincerely believe like y'all are talking about. No aliens. But the human brain is an amazing thing.

Hey guys ever read up on false memory syndrome? May indeed be at play a lot here

I like how this thread got serious so quick haha

edit on 1-5-2020 by Crosswinds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

What makes you so special that they chose you?

What makes the one tree out of thousands that gets struck by lightning in the forest special?

I think if it’s happening there isn’t anything special about the people taken. And if there is, whatever “special” thing about you that’s causing creatures to kidnap you in the middle of the night isn’t something to brag about.

That’s why I have a problem with people who try to wear the abductee badge around with pride. I’ve had several experiences that are similar and I pray to god it wasn’t real.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

What makes you so special that they chose you?

What makes the one tree out of thousands that gets struck by lightning in the forest special?

I think if it’s happening there isn’t anything special about the people taken. And if there is, whatever “special” thing about you that’s causing creatures to kidnap you in the middle of the night isn’t something to brag about.

That’s why I have a problem with people who try to wear the abductee badge around with pride. I’ve had several experiences that are similar and I pray to god it wasn’t real.

Quoted for Truth.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Is no different than the Stockholm victim trying desperately to convince people their abductor wasn't all bad. It makes me more uncomfortable and sad than anything. I used to have a problem with such people until I realized the truth, now I just feel sorry for them, and hope others can see the truth behind their desperate delusions.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Brilliant post! I was going say the exact same thing. For some abduction victims this is a type of coping mechanism. I’m sure some just want to feel special too. In the end all these special chosen ones end up waiting for their grand moment but always end up dying without it ever coming used and abused.
edit on 1-5-2020 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

Is no different than the Stockholm victim trying desperately to convince people their abductor wasn't all bad. It makes me more uncomfortable and sad than anything. I used to have a problem with such people until I realized the truth, now I just feel sorry for them, and hope others can see the truth behind their desperate delusions.

You may be right. I hadn’t thought about that.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Yeah! It really makes my scales itch when off world reptilians give us all a bad name. My ancestors survived the meteor blast that devastated the earth some sixty-something million years ago. They survived all the mega eruptions.

We work our butts off trying to live by the current laws, pay taxes, and blend in to society the best we can. We even wear these stupid monkey suits.

Yet, some jerkwads from the Draco system come in from nowhere making a bad name for all of us.

Damn illegal aliens.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Yeah exactly what i thought this thread was all about...

Angry fishes...

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
You are severely misinformed .Nothing personal.

Some of these people are nutbars....some are wanting to be abducted so badly they manifest false memories...some are victims of crime....some are victims of mental illness...some are simply abducted.

I cannot imagine anyone @ 7 years old or any other age wishing to be abducted under any circumstances.

There are multiple unknown Groups abducting People for a myriad of reasons from altruisitic to cannibalistic.

Pick your poison but don't pick the wrong one.

Stark reality says some of these People have been TAUGHT data the masses are not privy to....not a big deal really...doesn't make YOU stupid....just makes the Abductee slightly more informed.

Some of these People did not learn anything they suffered terribly.

Abductees should be treated with respect.

They are Survivors of a massive reality adjusting experience.

Global Governments have ignored abused killed and suppressed the reality of these Survivors of these Victims....because they do not want to have to pay fiscal reparations for what has been done to these people under their watch while they had knowledge and did not stop it.
edit on 2-5-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Some of these people are nutbars....some are wanting to be abducted so badly they manifest false memories...some are victims of crime....some are victims of mental illness...some are simply abducted.

I cannot imagine anyone @ 7 years old or any other age wishing to be abducted under any circumstances.

I cannot imagine many 7 year olds understanding the meaning of abduction?

However they are very highly susceptible to suggestion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join