It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19 Is Saving Lives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Globally crime, arrests and fatal accidents are significantly down. Many articles about this development. As bad as the virus is, it's also saving lives. In Chicago alone, for April gun related deaths are down 15%. Story after story of rape, murder, car fatalities going way down NOT EVERYWHERE so if you respond with some one offs I know this already. I'm talking about big picture, not the local suicide rate on your block or the nursing home down the street.

I brought this up weeks ago that this was going to happen for obvious reasons. It also raises an interesting conversation regarding deaths the virus caused and the deaths it prevented. If the later is higher that means that the virus technically ended up saving more lives than it took which it will if the quarintine keeps up. It would be a harsh reality to face for people.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

It's not the virus doing that.

It is the fear and the lock down.

Hope you are not saying we should stay locked down for good.

S&F

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The problem is, TPTB will use that data to make the lockdown permanent.

Meanwhile, domestic abuse, child molestation, depression, anxiety and suicide are on the rise.....

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The ultimate goal is to save lives globally. If one wants to say it's the lockdown that did that sure. I'm not getting into semantics on what the virus did or did not do but, it certainly caused the lockdown so...meh. What I'm talking about is bottom line. If we come out of this with more lives saved in other causes of death total, then there is no way around saying the virus had something to do with saving a lot of lives.

Wishing this virus never happened is something everyone agrees upon but if stats prove later that more people would have died globally if it never did then what are we talking about. It would be a tough pill to swallow.

edit on 1-5-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So, what the OP is saying is that it's a good thing for the government to imprison the entire population of the planet if it means that some nefarious activities will be reduced. The positive effect of a slight reduction of some crimes justifies and nullifies the negative side of turning the entire planet into one big penal colony and every home into a prison cell.

Yeah, that some solid reasoning there.

I have another idea. If they look at the demographics of people who commit crimes and just start to kill of those demographics, that'd reduce the crime statistics, too. How do you like that plan? Because it'd be the next logical step.
edit on 2020 5 01 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
The ultimate goal is to save lives globally. If one wants to say it's the lockdown that did that sure. I'm not getting into semantics on what the virus did or did not do but, it certainly caused the lockdown so...meh. What I'm talking about is bottom line. If we come out of this with more lives saved in other causes of death total, then there is no way around saying the virus had something to do with saving a lot of lives.

Yes, you can possibly 'save lives' temporarily by locking everyone in prison.

Congratulations on a keen observation.

Now, frack off, and get out of our way, we have lives to live.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I wish it never happened but I do think along with the virus cases and deaths, they should include the % of bad things going down. Car fatalities, rape, murder, factory accidents, drug trafficking, human trafficking all down globally. It's not all doom and gloom. There is a lot of good things to report.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Flip side is spousal and child abuse are way up.

If the lockdowns continue much longer I expect to see violent protesting so your numbers might only be temporary.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
We need to be FREE to make our own mistakes. (Just in case anybody is eyeing this up as some sort of future template.)

Otherwise, we may as well shut Life itself down and join the extras in 'Dawn Of The Dead'.

edit on 1-5-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: clarification

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
We have the same in the UK. It aint fear, except the crims fear. It's because of the lockdown there aren't as many people wandering the streets so criminals stick out like sore thumbs.
The same on the roads, cars with a couple of people in sticks out.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I don’t like what you’re implying. Keeping everyone quarantined indefinitely would lead to complete disaster, as well as a global depression. As others said on this thread, domestic abuse is climbing, millions of people have lost their jobs and don’t know where their next meal is coming from, etc. I just don’t buy that the quarantine is causing less other deaths. I don’t see any data backing it up either. So no way is COVID-19 saving lives. That is a serious stretch there.

top topics

join