It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Slow Roll of Re-opening the Economy - False Hope

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Reopening too early will mean your biz will never have a chance of being around long term. First off, profits are extremely unlikely, because most people will still not come out. Secondly, reopening too early will likely see a spike in cases, necessitating another shutdown. Very few businesses will be able to come back again for a second time.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: KKLOCO

Hearing the same in Texas and many small business owners saying the won't reopen.

Pretty obvious to me the only reason for the reopen push is to broaden the exposure to the disease, to sicken and kill ever more people, particularly the elderly. It will work. Half this population is too stupid to survive.

Well it seems pretty clear: we can all sit on our butts and slowly starve to death in fear that we'll die of disease, or we can all go about our lives again and take the risk that we'll get ill.

Remember back in the beginning when "flattening the curve" was not about not getting sick ever but only about not getting everyone sick all at once?
edit on 30-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Reopening too early will mean your biz will never have a chance of being around long term. First off, profits are extremely unlikely, because most people will still not come out. Secondly, reopening too early will likely see a spike in cases, necessitating another shutdown. Very few businesses will be able to come back again for a second time.

Scare people enough and every re-opening will be too early.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

Not true. I have people calling me still wanting to take tours. They want to get on with their lives.

The older generations are the ones that are mostly fearful of this. The younger ones are calling BS.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
We are starting a phased in reopening in my home town (Knoxville TN, population 471 K) tomorrow. We have had a total of 232 confirmed cases and 28 of them are still active. We have had 5 deaths. One in the 45 to 64 year olds age group and four above 75 years old. I not heartless, but this has destroyed countless lives for such low casualty numbers.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I say we all go out, drinking, dancing, making love, and just general debauchery; let the chips fall where they may.

I'd rather die with some fond memories than sitting is a chair watching TV, scared and alone.

I don't think preventive measures work very well anyway; And the children growing up in a scared culture of death; what kind of life is that?

There's also a negative side.

edit on 30-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
False hope.

Here is my question:
Is it illegal to open back up, whenever you want?

Wouldn't they have had to pass a law for that?

Exactly. If I were a store/business owner that was 'ordered' to shut down, I'd have never even closed, would have made them arrest me, and pursued a massive lawsuit.

Of course, I probably wouldn't have had many customers willing to come in... but I just don't take orders well, especially from dirt bag politicians.
edit on 30-4-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

False hope.

Here is my question:

Exactly. If I were a store/business owner that was 'ordered' to shut down, I'd have never even closed, would have made them arrest me, and pursued a massive lawsuit.

Of course, I probably wouldn't have had many customers willing to come in... but I just don't take orders well, especially from dirt bag politicians.

I was a store owner. Closed the shop for good and let my people go. Why you ask....because of the obvious reason...No Customers, no traffic and no intrest in anything except the batflu.
edit on 30-4-2020 by olaru12 because: another semi colon

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

False hope.

Here is my question:

We are going through the same crap here in MI, because our governor is on a power trip, that is all "for the people".

Lady please. I am the people. You aren't listening to the people.

Oh, I think she is listening. She's not understanding...and what could the ultimate overall end-all purpose?

MS, Damn she's my Gov 2..

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I've wondered about this often, Ket. The flattening the curve narrative has disappeared. They said to keep health care from being overwhelmed and now all hospitals and workers are ready and able to take on the flood of patients with vents and equipment and testing, etc. But now that whole story line has disappeared.

Also re: the distancing in stores and other businesses. I saw on local news ( DFW) last night a segment about daycare and how they will make the kids 'social distance during nap times'. What? You mean you cannot keep 2 year olds 6 feet apart? And what's the point at nap time if they've all played together all morning and shared toys? Toddlers don't have to follow the rules and apparently it's fine

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Just remember, that when Pandora opened the jar and allowed all the pestilents to escape, the one that was said to have remained in the jar by the time she closed the lid was HOPE.

Hope is in fact the worse of all ills, because it prolongs the torments of man.

Nice message. There are lots of things I hope for, but none of them involve peace or unity. That's a lost cause, especially in this society. I'm just here for my family, my friends, my self, and those who think like me. Democrats made me this way.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

I have a tough time believing that small business won't bounce back. By the time everything reopens, people are going to be flooding their favorite stores. Plus if you toss a discount on your items, they'll sell faster than your competition's products.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical
Right and the possibility of your business license being revoked, speaking of which, what happens if your license is revoked but you continue to do business as usual? Do they come put a lock on your door, or do they come arrest you? Or do nothing? I’m curious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join