It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Slow Roll of Re-opening the Economy - False Hope

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Back to back threads in the global meltdown forum. I have a feeling this form is going to become one of the most popular forums on ATS for the foreseeable future.

The slow roll on the economic reopening. Hope? Or false hope?

Here in my state, we have 7202 confirmed cases with a whopping 304 deaths (90% of our hospital beds are not being used). Yet yesterday, Our governor held a press conference, where he made that number seem like it was 304,000. So he decided to continue the stay at home order through May 15th I’m so happy about this that I thought about putting this in the rant forum. 😡

Many other small business owners, are just as happy as me.... A lot of which stated on local news channels that: ‘I don’t care what Ducey’s announcement is, I’m re-opening Friday’. They say they have received absolutely no government assistance. Additionally, they will not Financially survive another couple weeks of being closed.

I’ve got family in Texas. They are trying to appease people by going the slow roll route as well. Stay at Home orders removed, yet when in public, herded it around like cattle. Masks must be worn when leaving the house. Restaurants are now allowed 25% occupancy. Owners are saying this is bogus and won’t work.

The slow roll of opening up the economy, is only giving small business owners false hope of survival. How will they survive this time period of constantly being in the red? By burying themselves in debt. Only to eventually fail in the end. But now, with a pile of debt and NO business to bring in the income to pay it off.

If the initial lockdown wasn’t enough to destroy our economy, then the ensuing slow roll of opening it back up — will be the final nails in the coffin.

Must be nice to be a politician. Still collecting your paycheck while the world is failing. And now, have all the attention in the world, to feed their narcissistic personalities. This is a politician’s heaven!

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
False hope.

Here is my question:
Is it illegal to open back up, whenever you want?

Wouldn't they have had to pass a law for that?

We are going through the same crap here in MI, because our governor is on a power trip, that is all "for the people".

Lady please. I am the people. You aren't listening to the people.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
A bit of a hole was dug with the total lockdowns, especially coupled with many being encouraged into a Primal Panic.

A big part of immune health is just simple daily interaction. Being out and about, and exposed to a huge variety of bacteria/viruses/even allergens.

That hasnt been happening at the same level, obviously. So, I actually do believe a bit of a slow roll may be "good," both from the perspective of regaining what was lost in terms of immune health and managing that Primal Panic. I fully expect to see a general spike in illnesses, regardless of SARS-CoV-2, and with many hospitals & medical centers closing floors, laying off staff, etc. its become something to watch, at the very least.

Of course, it doesnt really seem thats on the minds of politicians who are "benevolently" freeing the serfs

I think the biggest issue we need to manage properly is avoiding a cycle of lockdowns and fear, because its a self-perpetuating issue that I have no doubt will be leveraged by those who have been manipulating people all along.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO
Who’s gonna be the guinea pig.

If a big entertainment venue opens like a Topgolf or movie theater, but we find out people test positive for Covid-19 after visiting those places. The Brand would be tarnished..it’s gonna be a big risk for anyone to test the waters.

Not to mention, how so many officials are still wanting to stay in lockdown, so there could be testing traps set up like DUI checkpoints, Testing people as they leave these high traffic entertainment type businesses.

Thy better get everything just right or....
edit on 30-4-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Over here in the UK, I think pubs will go extinct. A typical rent is £2k a WEEK, and they are not getting any relief. Its gonna go on the backend. Not to mention they will not be allowed to run at 100 percent for a year.

And by then...cv20 will be out.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
The slow roll on the economic reopening. Hope? Or false hope?

Nope. It's part of 'the plan.'

I mentioned that a while ago. My son's boss (a big-wig gooberment guy sent him home and told him not to expect to come back to work until August (at the earliest) ... and maybe never ... as in full-time telework.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
False hope.

Here is my question:

We are going through the same crap here in MI, because our governor is on a power trip, that is all "for the people".

Sister, I feel for you. Your governor is one of the worst. People in Michigan are truly on house arrest.

With regards to enforcement of the closure of non essential businesses, I’ve been trying to find out what the ramifications are, If the orders are disregarded. Going to have to do more digging. It’s not pulling up easily on the Internet.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The KC Metro is open to 10% of business and only if they collect personal information on those patrons they do get, and if patrons refuse to allow personal information, then they are required to refuse service.

What's the point of being open again at that capacity?

The state of MIssouri is allowing much more freedom than that in its Phase 1 rules, but it also allowed locations to make their own decisions. Thank goodness I live near suburbs in Clay and Platte Co. that are far, far less restrictive and allowing for opening on Monday.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist
Who’s gonna be the guinea pig....

Emphatically raises hand!

(post by jimmyx removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The KC Metro is open to 10% of business and only if they collect personal information on those patrons they do get, and if patrons refuse to allow personal information, then they are required to refuse service.

What's the point of being open again at that capacity?

To appease people with false hope. If they didn’t give us an inch, everybody would start to freak out. It’s quite strategical tactical. Just like how the Feds didn’t issue a nation wide stay at home order. That would have raised too many red flags for those who are woke. They had the states governors do it. So no one could have an excuse to revolt against the government.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

The slow roll is just going to put more people out of business. Most small businesses do not have the square footage to be able to comply with the stipulations of the social distancing requirements and even a lot of larger businesses cannot re-open because their employees are getting more money sitting on their backsides than they would make returning to work.

Already I have seen far too many businesses that are now closed permanently, For Rent and For Sale signs on countless formerly thriving store front windows. Before all of this anyone in my city without a job was in that position voluntarily as there was so much work you could pick and choose what sort of job you wanted but when it all gets opened back up it will be a dog-eat-dog situation as people climb over each other for what few positions are available. It will be the mid-80s all over again!

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Exactly. How do you social distance in a bar? Will they have bar stools every six feet? Before, They allowed 2 feet per person. So that would allow bars at 33% max capacity, under current standards. Not even the bar owners that are millionaires will stay open for that. There would be no point.

They say our planet is over populated. Yet, they want us all 6 feet apart. Yes, we have a conundrum here...

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Bars, restaurants, etc. will not be allowed to open (with strict stipulations) until Memorial Day in my state. I seriously doubt there will be more than a handful left to open by then- and this in a city of over 770,000. Funny how the only businesses that are thriving are the ones owned by huge corporations... and the Walton family!

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Even maintaining social distancing of 6ft. is better than what a lot of places want. 6ft at least allows a restaurant with dining space to serve every other booth and a good number of their tables.

That's better than just 10%.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
False hope.

Here is my question:

It's not for the "people."

As always, it's for the children.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Hearing the same in Texas and many small business owners saying the won't reopen.

Pretty obvious to me the only reason for the reopen push is to broaden the exposure to the disease, to sicken and kill ever more people, particularly the elderly. It will work. Half this population is too stupid to survive.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Just remember, that when Pandora opened the jar and allowed all the pestilents to escape, the one that was said to have remained in the jar by the time she closed the lid was HOPE.

Hope is in fact the worse of all ills, because it prolongs the torments of man.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Hope is in fact the worse of all ills, because it prolongs the torments of man.

THIS, should be the slogan of this thread. Very well said.

In this situation, They are trying to provide hope, where there is none.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join