It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will be the future of the world after COVID 19

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I predict a greater distrust of everyone outside of people's close sphere. This will change the way people view their government, other nations and will increase nationalization. I predict that many people throughout the world will be reluctant at best, to go to, or do anything, with large groups or with those outside their personal sphere and this will change the world more than 9/11.

The media and governments around the world have spent 24/7 giving the people of the world terrifying and traumatizing information about what "will" happen if people leave their homes and interact with "others". This has been ongoing for 6 weeks for many and far far longer in many US states and other nations. The result is conditioning through trauma and terror. It only takes 6 weeks to condition a new behavior or thought. It only takes moments to condition people through trauma or terror (i.e. PTSD, takes only a moment's terror). With long term conditioning through unrelenting 24/7 messages of terror from the media and governments many people in the world will emerge from what looks like a likely 2 years (until their is a vaccine available to the entire world), unrelenting message to fear "other humans".

I foresee far more people afraid to leave their homes than those who will run out and into mass groups.

The people of the world, have been conditioned that no matter how nice other people appear they could be carriers of a disease that will cause you to die a horrible death. The people also realize that even if there is a vaccine, another pandemic could pop up at any moment in any location and kill them and their loved ones.

I foresee greatly reduced numbers of people willing to attend any mass event, sports, concerts, festivals, fairs, political rallies, movie or live theaters. This will change the way entertainment makes money and the way people experience entertainment. There will be fewer and fewer massive events because people have been traumatically conditioned not to be in groups larger than 10 persons.

I foresee a way people dress in public for many years to come. I have been fascinated by the increase in people exploring personal tents, clear tents with climate controls that enclose individuals for going out of doors with "other" people. This will effectively "block" the others from "contaminating" the person - just think of the psychological implications for the world of that type of unconscious thinking. Masks are hot, uncomfortable and studies show can cause carbon dioxide issues if used too long, so I foresee a rise in personal bubbles becoming quite fashionable.

I foresee restaurants and other close contact services will have barriers between customers, because people will not want to be within 6 feet of anyone that doesn't live in their household without protective barriers.

The biggest change I foresee is a long lasting and ingrained fear of others. It doesn't matter how nice the others are, how well meaning the people thing others are, regardless of if they think the others care about them. The world has been taught not to trust any "other" outside of ones personal household. This will have a huge impact on people's trust of their governments around the world. It will also encourage distrust of other nations as the ultimate others, it will also encourage nationalism as distrust of "others" extends to all "others".

I foresee parents not allowing their children to participate in contact sports and schools shutting down contact sports for the safety of spectators and the children until there is a vaccine to protect the children. That will result in a loss of interest in contact sports in children and will disrupt the feeder athletes for future professional sports. As a result I see a huge decline in interest in professional sports that will have a huge decline in of in person spectators due to fear of "others", and a gradual loss of interest long term as parents fear for children's safety.

Mostly I foresee a breakdown in human trust from the individual level to the world level. People have been thoroughly conditioned not to trust anyone, now matter how well meaning they appear, no matter how much one trusted them earlier - people have been conditioned to see all "others" as possible killers in disguise.

edit on 4/30/20 by The2Billies because: grammar addition

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

A cheerful son of a gun eh!

I'll tell you what though, if they keep queueing into supermarkets after lockdown ends, i'll no longer be shopping.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
People will get to know their family better, that is my prediction.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

A few 100 million souls possibly pondered a similar question 100 years ago whilst the Spanish Flu was doing the rounds.

The answer is no different now than it was back then, same crap slightly different wrapping paper will be the colour of the day.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

A few 100 million souls possibly pondered a similar question 100 years ago whilst the Spanish Flu was doing the rounds.

The answer is no different now than it was back then, same crap slightly different wrapping paper will be the colour of the day.

1918 was a very different time.

There was no 24/7 news media.

There were no unrelenting commercials between shows on all networks telling people to isolate themselves for their own protection.

There was no social media with 24/7 messages of the terror of not obeying one's government.

There were no people telling others that if they did not like lockdowns they should just die and be denied healthcare, as is a quite common sentiment on ATS and all other social media.

2020 broadcasts widely to the entire world how dangerous "others" are to ones safety and very life itself.

One can not compare the delayed news and once a day papers that only the rich and middle class could afford to the 24/7 messages of fear and terror spread on broadcast TV, cable TV, youtube, facebook, smartphones, which spread unrelenting terror to the masses of the surety of death if one gets closer than 6 ft to another human being.

I don't see how one can compare the news, the hatred for those who go outside, the barely get news of 1918 to 24/7 unrelenting terrifying news of today.

The two time periods are radically different and the response will be radically different.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

As bleak a picture as you paint, it will be much worse when you add the civil unrest that will accompany the economic collapse. Much worse!!

Desperate people do desperate things.

edit on 30-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

People are still people mate.

The world spins, change is inevitable, but some things, our traits, the penchant we have for destruction, and the paradigm we have followed throughout recorded history will remain the same.

The only difference between now and back then is we have new, more numerous, toys in our pram to play with, and a lot more souls around to fight over the diminishing resources that we have left.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
I see Cyberschools and home schooling picking up. Some people are going to do some math and find out that they don't need to send their kids to daycare.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Thing is the majority do if they also have to go to work which is in the post at some point or it really will all fall apart, so daycare is a must as unfortunate as the case may be, not that i don't accept the premise your argument.

As to Math, i had to relearn/rehash Trigonometry last week to help the wean along with the schoolwork shes been issued.

What a chore and debacle that turned out to be.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I see big cities having a lot more respect for truckers, farmers, processing plants and calling states flyover states will be frowned upon.

I also see China getting attacked and finally dealt with on several levels from breaking up their monopolies, punishing them for human rights and environmental abuses and poor quality control on goods.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm not saying that daycare is going to go away, I'm saying that some families are going to rethink their need for it.

Guy I work with, his wife had a nonessential job while he had an essential one. When they started doing the math, they found that his wife's pay covered their daughter's daycare and that was about it. At this time they are planning for not to go back to work. He's going to pick up some overtime since she's going to be at home and they will come out ahead. I know of several others who are finding this out.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I was planning to make a baby but looks like you've talked me out of it..

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Our company is seriously looking at the people working from and doing the math. Some jobs you can't but many you can. They were supposed to break ground for a $35 mill lab building this month i don't expect that to happen.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Only the families that have the luxury of doing so.

Both parents need to work in this day of age just to get buy, such is the world of our own creation.

Its an expensive prospect to consider at the best of times nevermind right now, child care that is.

I imagine it will be a growth industry as long as our respective population's increase and i don't see that changing any time soon, think how many weans are going to be born in about 8 months' time?
edit on 30-4-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
I see Cyberschools and home schooling picking up. Some people are going to do some math and find out that they don't need to send their kids to daycare.

Except for the people who don't actually know how to do math. The ones who hate math and third world countries immigrants.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

You have to ask the question, where does the money come from to get the company rich and where does it go? It is just like Gov over taxing everyone to death and never give the money back to the workers. Economy is a cycle, one side gets rich other side loses.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't see any of that happening in the long term. We are a tribal and sociable species. Look what happened the moment the beaches opened up in Florida. Hundreds and thousands flocked there. People are still gathering in large groups much to the chagrin of the media and the would be dictators we call governors.

You aren't going to stop people from gathering. It's who we are as a species.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I've been avoiding large gatherings long before it was cool, including crowded bars and movie theaters. I'm sure there are many others like me. For us nothing has really changed, other than less traffic, cheaper fuel & better gas mileage. Bars, restaurants, theaters, etc. will mostly go out of business, if not for lack of customers, for limited seating. For instance a business which had seating for 100 people now only has seating for 20 people, which means their profits will be cut by at least 4/5 during new normal operations. Same with airlines, though they'll be subsidized by taxpayers.

The only brick & mortar services needed are hardware/grocery stores & pharmacies. Everything else can be automated online & done from home, like grade school education, DMV & other government services, movie releases, sports games (watched from home instead of in-person), etc..

The main change for most families will be one parent will need to stay at home with the children, like the old days, since physical grade schools will no longer be used for at least the next couple years, if not at all. Women will need to look for responsible men to have children with again instead of feminine leftist men, since there will be no more daycare for their children. Many colleges/universities implemented online courses long before COVID19, so they're all set for this new era of social distancing. The next step will be advanced AI teachers, which will make human teachers obsolete.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
My supposition will be a gradual return to the way it was.
Doubt me? Look back to the great recession. People are back to over debt, flipping houses and everything else. People don't learn.

My only hope is people stop taking their sick asses to the store in the future.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
People will get to know their family better, that is my prediction.

Ummm...so your saying...more divorce...more domestic violence...more pedophilia...more homicide...more suicide...

I think that about checks everything off the list...right...?

Cause long term isolation in small group settings...will always bring out the true inner character...

Be advised...these are only my personal observations on human nature...

I’ve observed that when it comes down to survival...territorial fight/flight will be the norm...in your face...literally...

See...it’s really nice and quaint to imagine the lion laying down with the lambs...but realism...is a whole other ball of wax...

Not prescience...only logic...and opinion of course...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join