It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK police want you to snitch on your conspiracy theory neighbours.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Dae

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Have a look at the link provided by the Bedfordshire Police in their tweet. Its clearly about radicalisation and terrorism. Conspiracy theories are used by extremists as part of their tools for recruiting. I think the facebook people had a knee jerk reaction, understandably 'in these trying times' haha but its not about watching David Ike and chatting to your neighbours, its the radical Islam stuff. I think.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Dae

Nicely pointed out, there is one thing far scarier than a police system we can vote out if enough people get sick of it being out of hand and it becomes a political problem in the future - that is terrorism they have no respect for democracy, no respect for rule of ANY law other than there own version which is usually twisted to hell and back and in fact no humanity left in whatever they call there sick and twisted soul's.

Of course there is such a thing as good extremism, but today we tend to relate it to Islamist and nationalist group's and there followers, true believers in often sick, vile and twisted ideology's.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
How is UK still looking like Sweden with Boris?
He's even weaker than Trump. The train just goes on autopilot with him sitting and pretending there's a steering wheel in his hands.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
How is UK still looking like Sweden with Boris?
He's even weaker than Trump. The train just goes on autopilot with him sitting and pretending there's a steering wheel in his hands.

It's not a weakness. Like Trump, the laissez faire low intervention thing is a policy, an ideological position.

It might be blinkered and stupid to the nth degree, it might be disastrous, but it's not a weakness.

After all, Boris and Donald and their pals aren't going to pay to fix things when the dust settles. They're going to make an even bigger fortune.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Grasses. That was the word I was searching my memory for. Thx!!!

No, they're nothing new. Remember that there was always that one kid in school?? The one that always ran to the teachers??

Well, they grow up, apparently...but don't learn.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think, generally, some people have far too much time on their hands and too little imagination in how to use it, leading to a sharp rise in curtain twitching and the festering of petty jealousies.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I sometimes share my views on all things that don't add up, but most of the time I get the classic eye roll and told to go and buy another drink.
On the other hand, If I knew something like radicalisation was going on in my community, I wouldn't hesitate to let people know about it. Some things need to be stamped out ASAP.

I know it's a cliche, but the last 18 months has me thinking about the book 1984 all over again. Loss of free speech and our freedoms.

This virus is changing the way things are done in a massive way.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

More than a little truth to that, I'm very sure.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kerrichin

How would this even become a criminal offense?

conspiracy theory isn't illegal , as for hate speech well that's completely different in the UK
that is illegal and can get you into hot bother.

There is no court in the land that could charge you with posting conspiracy theory on your social media, I think their article is referring to radical conspiracy theory that has hate speech within it.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: kerrichin
How would this even become a criminal offense?

conspiracy theory isn't illegal , as for hate speech well that's completely different in the UK
that is illegal and can get you into hot bother.

The thing about hate speech laws, and especially in the UK, is that they are ambigious.

A conspiracy theorist in the UK has all the freedom in spouting their views.......... Along as it doesn't offend anyone. Then that's hate speech.

That's why the UK should protest against these hate speech laws that were put in place by so called "Conservative governments".

These hate speech laws were never to protect people, but those in power.
edit on 5 5 2020 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Accidental double post/ edit override

edit on MayTuesday2015CDT02America/Chicago-050003 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
They have been trying to criminalise conspiracy theory for decades now, literally. It seems we might finally be on the cusp of having that become a reality. I know that there are many things I've spoken about that could be interpreted in one way or another, but largely I like to think that those that know, know that I am a patriot, that I honour the law & the right of the hand that holds the sword. I am pro-military, and in fact I think the British have the best officer class in the world. Whether any of that would save me if someone outed me as a conspiracy theorist, I can't say. I like to think that I have a couple of friends, a couple of backchannels, a couple of places to go if all falls to pieces.

Be honourable, and the honourable will recognise you as such. That's what the salute was all about in the first place - recognising honourable compatriots, recognising that although they have strength, the power they wield is not their own, it is wielded in the service of a higher power, and therefore they can be trusted as brothers. I am not of the opinion that the so called NWO is in full control, even if they wanted to overwhelm us they couldn't do it in a meaningul way, because at that point, God would step in (by enabling a response which goes over & above what can be expected in the natural order of things). I really believe that. I think the enemy are seen & understood, and warily tolerated in order not to damage the status quo of peaceful civilisation for the masses - but if they try to make a move to usurp total power over the people, then there will be a counter-move. We are on the side of the angels, as the saying goes. And this nation is friendly with those who hold the highest office.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

The hate speech laws are basically a logical fallacy , as the hate speech is said to cause offense , how can offense be objective ?

they basically use the slippery slope fallacy as a legal defense to protect people from hate speech
that if I were to say A, B , or C about a person or a group , that they or someone else (maybe not even connected to that group) were to take offense then , could cause them or others to take action and cause physical harm
this legislation basically treats citizens as if they are children who cant control their own emotional states and therefore have to be spanked with jail sentence.
Yes just because we can say # doesnt mean we should say it , yes people are #s who promote hate speech etc
but we arent all children , its mental its like hate speech legislation somehow is mean to prevent things like WW2 and the holocaust , yet its more likely to arise from authoritarian conservative governments who get into bed with corporations etc who then divide and conquer between minority groups etc and cause general division with their policies

offense doesnt actually cause physical pain , it may cause mental distress but then who is really offended , yes thats right just your ego , it seems that we just ignore philosophical analysis of the human condition and disregard logical reason in all abandon when we created the hate speech legislation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join