It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Testing for Covid-19 is Futile - Best to Accept That It Exists and Return To Living Normally.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Wednesday, April 29, 2020

It boggles my mind hearing hour after hour of Media people, Governors, and Medical "experts" screaming about how only MASSIVE TESTING for Covid-19 will give "Scared Americans" the confidence to return to life as normal.

This article illustrates the huge disagreements over Covid-19 testing priorities and volume of tests needed: www.npr.org...

These are supposedly intelligent people arguing over something that can never deliver a Covid-19 level that's low enough to please every "Frightened American".

WHY? Just think about it...

You get tested at 8:00am on Monday upon arriving to work.

At lunch, you get infected by a person who coughs as he passes your table.

From there, you spread it to 5 other people before the day is finished, including 3 co-workers (who also tested negative that morning), and your spouse.

Exponentially growing...with you as just one link in the chain.

By the time you're tested next Monday upon arriving to work, you're Covid-19 "positive" and sent home, probably without pay for 15 days.

No Matter How Many Millions of Tests are Done Per Day, the Covid-19 Virus Will NOT Be Removed From Society.

IMO, rather than go "test crazy"....doing millions of them in vain, Americans should just accept the fact that there is one more minor killer in our society, and live with it...just as we've lived with Flu, Pneumonia, H1N1, and others.

By the way, did you know that after the initial wave of H1N1 Swine Flu killed 12,469 Americans in 2009-2010, more than 60,000 Americans have died in subsequent annual waves of the H1N1 Swine Flu?

Source:CDC - H1N1 Virus - 2009 thru 2018: www.cdc.gov...

President Trump seems to be diverging from the "experts" who've gotten so much wrong, and using his own good common sense this evening. He appears to be (wisely) moving away from the wasteful, useless, massive Covid-19 testing.

Wisdom Makes CNN Angry: www.cnn.com...

Additional common sense reasons for not testing millions of Americans @ day for Covid-19:

1.) Only 3/100th of 1% of Americans have died from Covid-19 and Flu combined this year.

2.) If someone tests Covid-19 positive, in a USA that focuses on "Punishment", their lives can be ruined financially and emotionally.

IMO, Mass Testing Is A Waste of Time, and Potentially Damaging to Americans and our Families.

Those who don't want to expose themselves to a world where 1 more additional cause of sickness or death has been added, should take a long vacation in a non-Covid19 location, or wait at home until a vaccine is developed.

-CareWeMust

edit on 4/29/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Do you also have a a message for the people working in te medical industry on how they should prepare for your solution, how should they deal with this virus if they get overwhelmed?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Do you also have a a message for the people working in te medical industry on how they should prepare for your solution, how should they deal with this virus if they get overwhelmed?

I guess we can worry about crossing that bridge when/if we get there. We need to save our economy.

We need to just have hope, not fear, hope is what we need.......sorry...couldn't help myself

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Testing to get treatment prescribed is not futile unless they are going to provide treatment without testing. We need to have treatment as early as possible to provide the best chance of not ending up in the ICU.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

The Italian Society for Rheumatology studied 65,000 patients on longterm hydroxychloroquine for RA and Lupus.

Only 20 patients tested positive for COVID-19. No ICU, no deaths.

This is a 90% reduction in infection rate compared to the rest of Italy.

It isn't going back to normal anytime soon. We will start to resemble many Asian countries where we are wearing masks in public to prevent spread. Also, many small businesses, especially restaurants are done. They will not have customers rushing back and most were barely making it to begin with. Pity, I really liked the Asian buffet. Buffets are dead now.

I work in an office building, Our Governor has already mentioned in passing that employers may be expected to provide masks for their office workers. I expect when we are herded back into the offices that we will be wearing masks every day.

edit on 29-4-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Because telling people to wait until they're blue won't work just as well later as it's working now? And then just slap 'em on a ventilator with an almost guaranteed death sentence?

They have had plenty of time to make better plans (if they are truly so inclined) -- to re-purpose buildings and spaces, to re-train healthcare personnel specifically for treating CoV patients, to manufacture surplus protective gear, etc.

Most hospitals are operating far under capacity as it is. Only a handful of hospitals are overwhelmed now. They've had plenty of opportunity to prepare.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I don’t think that your examples of how disease is spread is accurate. Playing a guessing game here, I could be wrong...

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

edit on 30-4-2020 by Sabrechucker because: NWIT

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Those who were laid off due to lack of work, will be called back to work.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

I guess we can worry about crossing that bridge when/if we get there. We need to save our economy.

We need to just have hope, not fear, hope is what we need.......sorry...couldn't help myself

Faith combined with Good Old Fashioned U.S. "Can Do" and "Pioneering Spirit" will bring us back to Making America Even Greater, VERY QUICKLY.

President Trump is already planning "YUGE" rallies for this Summer/Fall, he says.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   
A pandemic doesn’t need inflated figures, media hyperbole or false reporting. A pandemic doesn’t need non-related deaths to boost its numbers just to make the easily-manipulated weak-minded media-fed fools ‘scared’.

But a psy op does

The hospitals will NEVER be overwhelmed by this hoax. For obvious reasons.

“Tell that to the people who died, bigot” I hear the clowns screech.

Pfft, yeah let me guess. They died of the Chinese flu did they? They’d still be alive if the Chinese flu wasn’t running rampant killing mire than seven hundred million people every single week?

Yeah.

Ok.

Keep telling yourself that.

If there’s lies within a story, the whole thing is lies. If the media is pushing a theme. It’s misdirection and agenda driven.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....it’s a psychological operation being carried out on the masses.

Sure, there’s a new MINOR virus now, like there is every couple of years. Who cares? Everybody dies, might as well die of AIDS or Malaria if you’re gonna be dying anyway.

“lEtS sHuT iT aLl dOwN bEcAuSe iM rEaLlY sCaReD”
edit on 30 4 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
A pandemic doesn’t need inflated figures, media hyperbole or false reporting. A pandemic doesn’t need non-related deaths to boost its numbers just to make the easily-manipulated weak-minded media-fed fools ‘scared’.

But a psy op does

The hospitals will NEVER be overwhelmed by this hoax. For obvious reasons.

Simple and to the point, wish I could give it 100 stars.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Not to get all gushy, but that’s certainly the most praise I’ve ever had on this site

Thank you ZB.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

What about income for Bill (and his family) who tests positive and is sent home for 15 days without pay?

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
I saw a chart earlier today on ATS showing Los Angeles hospital admissions near an all-time low, due to fewer car accidents, shootings, and other injuries people experience living life "normally".

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis
I don’t think that your examples of how disease is spread is accurate. Playing a guessing game here, I could be wrong...

You mean a person coughing and spreading Covid-19?

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I realized when Governor Cuomo was hounded by a reporter in early April and shouted back, "We need 40,000 ventilators and 15,000 hospital beds just in case!!! OK!?!?" that this really is a coordinated Democrat-driven fake Crisis, just to damage the economy in order to help Dementia Joe.

People think Democrats care about them. Unreal.

edit on 4/30/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

That’s what he said. But we all know he meant “we need to be given enough money to buy these, so we can squander it”

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

That’s what he said. But we all know he meant “we need to be given enough money to buy these, so we can squander it”

It was pointed out on Hannity tonight how Cuomo auctioned off ventilators to raise money 3 years ago. I hope the Federal Government didn't give the clown 40,000 of them!

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I hope they give him nothing at all

I’m still not sold on this hoax being dEmocrat driven though
it’s much bigger than those nobodies. Although, they and their disgusting supporters, most certainly cheer for the ‘deep state’, ‘powers that be’, ‘globalist agenda’ etc so I’m sure they’re involved at some level

Whatever the game plan is though, one thing is for sure: this ‘virus’ is nothing to be concerned about.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Those who were laid off due to lack of work, will be called back to work.

So just get back to work then...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join