It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell phones in dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
A couple of days ago, for the first time ever, I had a cell phone in a dream. I didn't use it to make a call, I was using it for the GPS, even though I was in my own yard.

I was just curious, does anyone else ever remember having a cell phone in your dream? Did you use it to make or receive a call?

I know this is a bit of a minimalist post, but it's just a simple question.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I've sent and received texts on a cellphone in a dream.

Never called someone or received a call though.

Which now that I think about it is kinda weird.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I've texted messages in my sleep. Usually the last person I texted. I don't recall doing it though, so I don't know if I was dreaming about it and that's why I did it. Maybe.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

What's really weird is that you could use it for reading or writing. Those are left-brain functions, I can't do them in my dreams. When I try to read in my dreams I just see random letters, numbers, and symbols. It's like I know what it's about, but it's scrambled gibberish. You must be really good at lucid dreaming. I'm envious.

But, yeah, you would think that something as ubiquitous as cell phones would have been common in dreams for a long time. Have you had cell phones in your dreams for a while or is this something recent?

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

You actually got me thinking about it and I was talking to the wife and a few others.

I'm a lucid dreamer... in color, with taste and smell.

I can generally write my own dreams if I need to get out of a situation in a dream.

I do layered dreams.

I remember dreams from 40 years ago.

AND.

I have never, never EVER made a phone call or received one in my dreams.

Even before cell phones.

This has struck me as really odd.

Thank you for bringing the topic up... I'm talking about it in other places now because it makes no damn sense whatsoever and I NEVER thought about it till you brought it up.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I'm going to see if I can tonight.

This topic is driving me nuts now.

Nobody else that lucid dreams that I know (and has responded to me tonight) ever remembers making or taking a call either.

Whaaa?

edit on 30-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I'm going to see if I can tonight.

This topic is driving me nuts now.

Nobody else that lucid dreams that I know (and has responded to me tonight) ever remembers making or taking a call either.

Whaaa?

As a Proud Paranoid Conspiracy Theorist, I'm going to recommend caution. There could be a good reason for this.

5g, Coronovirus, Trump, the Cats movie, all kinds of bad things going on these days. Maybe you don't want to talk to whoever is on the other end.

There, I've absolved myself of any legal liability.

But I would be interested in any input you get from your other sites. And any tips on lucid dreaming, of course.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
At 62 years old....

Never had a dream that involves a cell phone.

Maybe I am too old.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
At 62 years old....

Never had a dream that involves a cell phone.

Maybe I am too old.

It's not the cell-phone thing in and of itself.

I've dreamed of using a cellphone to google a topic.

To get on ATS.

To text.

To use it for google maps.

I can't use the calculator on it in dreams because in my dreams I don't understand numbers at all besides recognizing an address or something.

Which is frustrating when I'm trying to figure out an "awake" problem but It's always been that way with me... math and dreaming don't mix.

But I have never received a phone call (full disclosure, when I was running my business I averaged 72 phone calls a day) nor have I ever.... called someone.

And I never even thought that was odd the whole time until this topic came up.

I'm really intrigued now.

Well... obsessing.

edit on 30-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I dream a lot, and I can't for the life of me remember a dream with a cell phone.
I do remember a dream with a landline phone with a cord though.. weird. really weird...

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I totally agree with everything you said. I am the same kind of dreamer... down to remembering the details of many dreams from throughout my life more clearly than “real” waking memories.

And I’ve never thought about it either until now, but I’ve never received or made a call. I’m going to try and see if I can do it tonight when I fall asleep here shortly. If not tonight, I’ll keep trying!

To the OP:
Very cool thread!

edit on 30-4-2020 by nicevillegrl because: Eta

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Cellphones are rather common in my dreams but I've never talked on one. I've called people but they never answered. I guess there's no service?

One weird thing I noticed from a dream his morning was a mirror. I had a hand mirror and looked into it, saw my reflection. Except one thing: I didn't have eyes. It was just flesh over the eyesockets.

I handed the mirror to a random person who just happened to be hanging out in my house, sisters friend who used to live with me, and told them to try it. They looked into the mirror but didn't react surprised by it.

Then I kept hearing a voice on loop every 5 seconds or so saying "Stay underground". One of my sisters' female friends tried to get me to go outside and give something to someone in a random group of people hanging out in my front yard. I told her to do it since it was her deal, so she did, and a guy chased her then starting beating her on the ground.

I ran out to help her, looked down at my hand while running in slow motion, and the tip of my index finger was burnt off. I guess I should've stayed underground.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Interesting turn this thread took.

Some thoughts that crossed my mind

What if the dream is the call?
there wouldbe no point in connecting to the universe, if you are already connected...

I don't think iI'm very good at lucid dreaming, so my opinion is probably worth little, but I'm looking forward to the more versed ones opinion.

NC

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

in my dreamscapes/ reality.... I have used rotary-dialed telephones and used public phone booths, but with various success/failure

but have never used my flip-phone for talk-text-SMS at all...……. I think it has to do with my dreamscape 'Self' is already telepathic and has ability to read others' minds and for me to sometimes Project images that are physically real
(the technology devices are inferior to psyche ability & natural ability does not require batteries to function)

Lucid Dreams about 50% of the time as in Astral Traveling-Projection events

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The only times mine has showed up was when IRL the alarm was going off and in my sleep I was trying to answer my cell phone.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Cellphones are rather common in my dreams but I've never talked on one. I've called people but they never answered. I guess there's no service?

This gets odder and odder.

So I meditated about it last night before I went to sleep, wrote a note to me about it and put it by the bedside...

When it finally came around in a dream, I can't use my cellphone to call anyone.

There is no service.

You can call someone, but it never dials out... there is no dial tone, it doesn't ring...

I tried my wife, my sister and my mother.

Which is odd in and of itself because my mother is dead, so I don't know why I tried that.

Does that mean that intuitively I've always known it doesn't work so I've never tried it before?

This is driving me a little crazy.

I guess I'll try a landline phone tonight and see what happens.

~puzzled~

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

And I’ve never thought about it either until now, but I’ve never received or made a call. I’m going to try and see if I can do it tonight when I fall asleep here shortly. If not tonight, I’ll keep trying!

Please do, dream walker!

I'm really interested in seeing what your results are.

I have other people trying it too.

So far I am stumped.

new topics

top topics

join